• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle *

Thank you for stepping in and doing that, very much appreciated!

Here is the update.

Bottom line is that I bit off more than I could chew with this project. I was hoping to jump start my business with the group buy and produce a rifle of my own design at the same time. With all of that, I have overwhelmed myself.

The actions that I am currently taking to remedy this situation are as follows:
1. I have hired a business manager that will help keep things on track, as well as keep me on track with the SHR build. Beyond this build, he will keep the business focused to provide continued improvement of lead times and product releases.
2. I am bringing in a bunch of capital to help cashflow issues that I have encountered. Despite popular belief, It has taken way more cash to produce this rifle than will be generated by the total sales of the buy. I am ok with that, but it will take a few years of sales to recoup my investment.
3. I am getting help locally to finish out the SHR project. My goal is to finish all of the rifles by the end of August.

Just to show that I have not run away with your money. I have substantial investment in outside parts including stocks, barrels, etc. I over purchased to try to anticipate finishing out the build. Not all of the parts are included in the images, but most are.

I want to thank everyone that has continued their support in spite of the lengthy build time.

SHR_22.jpg

[img:center]
SHR_14.jpg
[/img]
SHR_17.jpg
[/img]
SHR_11.jpg
[/img]
SHR_16.jpg
[/img]
SHR_18.jpg
[/img]
SHR_13.jpg
[/img]

Nice images. Good luck in completing the project and in your business. Entrepreneurship is a bitch...ask me how I know. Four years into it, I'm finally doing ok.

FH

Lots of questions here, but could you please update us with status of 3 position safety.
Since some of this delay was purported to be because of safety issues, I would hope the 3 position safety is working and ready to go???

...c'mon...that's just the sort of thing that makes the guy reluctant to post...

...he has already explained the obvious and divulged what he feels comfortable with...

...I just wish he had not felt it nessesary to waste the time and effort of laying out rifles or components on a cement floor to take bad pix of to satisfy you monkeys...

...that said it is nice to see any sort of photo of what the finished rifles will actualy look like...

...the color scheme looks as if it may work in a number of enviornments...I was thinking it might be more strictly a desert rifle...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...c'mon...that's just the sort of thing that makes the guy reluctant to post...
<span style="color: #FF0000">No such thing as being reluctant to post, despite what stage the rifles are in, he owes us updates, that is the LEAST we should be getting right now. Patience has worn thin a long time ago.
</span>
...he has already explained the obvious and divulged what he feels comfortable with...
<span style="color: #CC0000">Again, no such thing. As a person providing a service, that has already collected money you have an obligation to your customers to divulge whatever info they request. </span>

...I just wish he had not felt it nessesary to waste the time and effort of laying out rifles or components on a cement floor to take bad pix of to satisfy you monkeys...
<span style="color: #FF0000">Really? What serial number rifle is yours? Because if you aren't a part of this you can excuse yourself, we dont need your banter.</span>

...that said it is nice to see any sort of photo of what the finished rifles will actualy look like...

...the color scheme looks as if it may work in a number of enviornments...I was thinking it might be more strictly a desert rifle... </div></div>

....I think you need to take a break from the keyboard.....
....just saying.....
....what dog do you have in this fight....... ??????

The rifles look nice, but I would rather have straight up answers and an update. That is all we have been asking for was some straight forward info from Lite Tac. If he had been straight with us from the get go, we could have avoided the rumors and drama.

eek.gif
...I take it you dissagree with some of my comments...
laugh.gif

...I don't see where TAC LITE has been the source of any rumors or drama...

...soma youse just keep pushing him for deadlines he cannot meet...then you want to haurang with questions in great detail aboot why...

...the rifles AIN'T READY yet...how much staighter an answer do ya NEED...???... <span style="font-weight: bold">.!.
grin.gif
..!.</span>

Rifle build gone bad and a dweeb starved for attention...seems fitting to me
wink.gif

...I don't think it's quite fair to say the build has "gone bad"...

...and I wouldn't say you're a dweeb, so much as an impatient person who did not fully understand what they were signing on for...

Hang in there George, it will get better.

When I get behind I work on rifles in batches of 3-5. I install barrels then bed. Muzzle work, DBM bedding and paint comes after the main bedding for me.

It seems to work a little better for me than doing onezies. When that batch is complete it feels good seeing 3-5 going home at the same time.

Nice platform BTW

Keep up the good work, I am sure everyone will be pleased with how they shoot. My recommendation is to keep track of how many hours per day you are producing, vs how many hours talking to customers. I have found when I drop below 6 hours of actual work, I make very little money.

Answering the telephone during the day is a sure way to slow down your production. Sometimes I have not answered the telephone nor checked messages for nearly a week. It was amazing how much work I got done, and how much less stress there was at work.

-Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...an impatient person who did not fully understand what they were signing on for... </div></div>

One might spin it that way and that's fine, I can own that
When I signed on, I missed the part that stated - bad business practices, cash flow problems but <span style="font-weight: bold">most of all </span>- misleading statements, falsehoods would be part of this build.

I'm not a gunsmith and don't pretend to be one and I truly appreciate and respect the professional talent that often is under paid and over worked, while at the same time being maligned for circumstances beyond their control, especially these days with the internet.
Call me a bit naive possibly, I didn't catch the part about the wheel was to be reinvented here.
The fact that I and others saw an apparently working/functioning rifle being run through its paces and even having its own load worked up seemed worth the investment at the time, even while knowing that things don't always go as planned.

I'm fortunate to have enough guns...some might say to many
grin.gif
So living/breathing this build I'm not.
The investment made on this build is not going to rock my world, if I were never to see it again.
That said, I'll ante that up and a few more if you can't shoot straight with me!

I can appreciate those that have and are encouraging George here, God knows myself and others have truly tried and have the most at stake!
Do not couch the situation as George being on the phone or emails constantly about this build so as too not being able to get any work done. Hardly, I have more time writing here now than any emails with George and I think three phone calls that couldn't be more than 10 minutes total and all very polite and cordial the last two years.

For that we have gotten a recent update, the last one prior being 4 months ago.
Some pictures I guess, but maybe investing in a new camera with the new capital might be helpful.
Hearing about some business practices that may change and help Lite Tac going forward....nice
A few builds it would appear in one state or another of completion and another date for goal of completion...cool
All this while it seems chiding his customers about their "belief" and recouping his investment...WHAT?

So while someone who has no investment or stake and I'm guessing never will in this build is trying to be the next perez hilton and contemplating "color schemes", others here that do have a real interest might be curious about what kind and if the fucking safety works yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I don't think it's quite fair to say the build has "gone bad"... </div></div>

No it's obviously gone good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and I wouldn't say you're a dweeb... </div></div>

thank you, at least we can agree we don't have much in common
smile.gif

Thanks George for the photos & the update?
Time will tell what the end of August brings.

...what will happen to this thread when the rifles ship...???...

...will people post pictures of their setups and range reports...???...

...will people post up load and ballistic data for their rifles...???...

...can we believe anything these people tell us...??... .!.
grin.gif
.!.

OutRider what is the number of your SH build?
Please share so we can confirm you are just not a troll.
whistle.gif

...is it too late to get mine chambered in 338 LM...???...methinks I want one of <span style="font-style: italic">those</span> now...

...ahh...what's <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> number...???...

Ya he's just a troll.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...what will happen to this thread when the rifles ship...???...

...will people post pictures of their setups and range reports...???...

...will people post up load and ballistic data for their rifles...???...

...can we believe anything these people tell us...??... .!.
grin.gif
.!. </div></div>

The door is open at barfcom. Try trolling over there instead of here.

....how does that sound...???.....

I donot have a build # , as my order is not a complete rifle , IT was for a couple of the VR-1 short actions & the rumoured 338LM version .

Still waiting to hear any thing , and YES I have e-mailed him direct .

As to dropping in and seeing him in person , not really an option at all for me , as I live in New Zealand & not the US .

Later Chris

So when would it be safe say that maybe one or two rifles get finished a month.??

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I donot have a build # , as my order is not a complete rifle , IT was for a couple of the VR-1 short actions & the rumoured 338LM version .

As to dropping in and seeing him in person , not really an option at all for me , as I live in New Zealand & not the US .

Later Chris </div></div>

...what is it about the VR-1 action that induced you to order three of them...???...

...what are you building with them...???...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Later Chris </div></div>

...what is it about the VR-1 action that induced you to order three of them...???...

...what are you building with them...???... </div></div>

Stay on topic. This thread is about the 09 SH Build. Not other peoples builds with his action.

I am on topic , I ordered these actions at the start of the build , and its tyed to these builds , and I have the same drama , Opps .

I did not get a complete build , as I did not like the stock picked .

RE : WHY this action , I have a PGW TWolf action in 338LM , and one of the things I really like about this action , is how it uses a small body dia extension on the inside top of the action , that acts as a extra bolt guide , and because of this , bolt runs super smooth .

Later Chris

Opps , DOUBLE the drama , as I have double the money involved , Opps .

Ya, I wasnt talking to you ChrisF.

But for any case, this is about the SH 09 Builds. Not your individual actions. So you need to take that drama somewhere else, its place isnt in this thread. We are having enough issues, lets not cloud them with 2 additional actions that have nothing to do with these 25 builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am on topic , I ordered these actions at the start of the build , and its tyed to these builds , and I have the same drama , Opps .
<span style="font-weight: bold">
</span>
RE : WHY this action , I have a PGW TWolf action in 338LM , and one of the things I really like about this action , is how it uses a small body dia extension on the inside top of the action , that acts as a extra bolt guide , and because of this , bolt runs super smooth .

Later Chris </div></div>

OK, back out one level of the forum, create new topic and discuss your issues with getting your order.

This thread as the title clearly states.. Is for the 09 SH build rifle.. not an action from the same guy who built the 09 SH rifle..

Please. about this rifle or nothing.. Hows that.

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">
</span>

Later Chris </div></div>

OK, back out one level of the forum, create new topic and discuss your issues with getting your order.

This thread as the title clearly states.. Is for the 09 SH build rifle.. not an action from the same guy who built the 09 SH rifle..

Please. about this rifle or nothing.. Hows that.

Ch

</div></div>

Ch....I don't think you have to be a dick, ChrisF obviously has some skin in the game. KY was telling the guy who has no money in the game to butt out.

All of you better stay civil or I'll lock it and then they'll be nowhere to bitch.

I truly feel sorry for you all, this sucks, but please remain civil to one another.

I certainly didnt want to sound like a penis, sorry for that.
I thought it was perfectly civil and relevant.

frustration manifests in many ways.. LOL

Ch

...it seems to me that perhaps some people simply do not want to see any positive spin on this thread...

...it is ok to endlessly bitch and even threaten litigation, though...

...I am afraid that I feel that insights to why a knowledgeable person bought three of the actions featured in the rifles we are waiting for was relevant, interesting, and appropriate for discussion here in this thread, as opposed to the wailing and gnashing of teeth we have been subjected to...

...imho, <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> noise is relevant to little more than inflated egos...

...not looking to start nothin'...just sayin'...

Opps , DOUBLE the drama , as I have double the money involved , Opps . </div></div>

...I guess I got half the drama 'cause I've only sent half the money so far...

...the reason is because I currently live in a tent behind rescuing a dog that represents my life's work...I am posting this from my tent...

...I did have the money saved up a couple of times, and wish the heck I had sent the check then...

...sorry if I have repeated anything here...it's a long thread and I am an old man...

.....Outrider types...... how Capt Kirk.... talks.....

I have no dog in this fight.

I have been reading this thread for a couple of years. The rifle looks like it will be awesome. When my gunsmith has my stuff for a few months and I get depressed I look at this thread and count my blessings.

When this project started I was 38 and now I am almost 40. That is some crazy shit.

I wish ya'll the best of luck.

I wish the best of luck to the gunsmith involved as well.

Sincerely,

Al

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When this project started I was 38 and now I am almost 40. That is some crazy shit.</div></div>

...what if one of us dies before delivery...?!?...
eek.gif
</div></div>

OutRider, are you in on this group buy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....Outrider types...... how Capt Kirk.... talks..... </div></div>

Ha ha, he does! That's funny. Hope the guy's that are waiting get everything they deserve. Hopefully this rifle will be a nail driver.

Sincerely
K9222

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutRider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When this project started I was 38 and now I am almost 40. That is some crazy shit.</div></div>

...what if one of us dies before delivery...?!?...
eek.gif
</div></div>

OutRider, are you in on this group buy? </div></div>

...wow...that quip was up for less than one minute before I deleted it...

...after seeing it in context, I thought it was a bit trite for this forum and would end up fanning the flames rather than helping us maintain or establish perspective...

...you question has been asked and answered but out of respect for you moderation I will simply say "yes"...

....That means he is not in on the group buy....

...why do you say that...???...is there some problem with your reading comprehension...???...

...are you in on this buy...???...

...I, for one, would rather hear more aboot what Chris liked in the V1 action than carry on in this vane...

Outrider you post again in here and I banning you for a month... you're just stirring the pot where one doesn't need to be stirred.

Knock it off...

Last time I heard from George, he said all the rifles would ship by the end of August. Has anyone heard anything similar?
Ken

Per his last post here he said his "goal" was to have all the rifles completed by the end of August.

Only George knows.

His goals are completely different from reality, but that is apparent at this point in time.

I'm surprised ONE rifle hasn't found its way out of his shop.

Crossin fingers here..

Ch

Looking at the photos LiteTac posted it appears that there is a non spec build almost complete. Based on the photos Chiller posted I am guessing that one is his.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Time will tell. </div></div>

He has 6 days until his supposed ship date.... any bets?

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

I don't have one of these builds with George so maybe I'm out of line, but if I did and he had my cash I would getting the legal system involved if the August due date comes and goes. He has broken several verbal agreements amd the apparent lack of communication show that he does not conduct proper business practices. How many months should it take to fix the safety's on these rifles? I know he has said he bit off more than he could chew but 2 years...Really! My father builds custom cabinets that are some of the best money could buy, but if we did this to our customers we would be out of business and In front of a judge. If he's got time to build clones that somehow work, he's got time for you guys as well. Bottom line something or someone should correct this total disregard for his customers. My 2 cents gents.

Re: *Announcing the 2009 Sniper's Hide Build Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have one of these builds with George so maybe I'm out of line, but if I did and he had my cash I would getting the legal system involved if the August due date comes and goes. He has broken several verbal agreements amd the apparent lack of communication show that he does not conduct proper business practices. How many months should it take to fix the safety's on these rifles? I know he has said he bit off more than he could chew but 2 years...Really! My father builds custom cabinets that are some of the best money could buy, but if we did this to our customers we would be out of business and In front of a judge. If he's got time to build clones that somehow work, he's got time for you guys as well. Bottom line something or someone should correct this total disregard for his customers. My 2 cents gents. </div></div>

Stop reading my mind....