• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Another 10/22 Build

DieTrying310

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I wanted a trainer to go with my .308, and I've always been partial to the 10/22 so I decided to build (read: assemble) one my last trip home.

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

Specs:
Stock Ruger receiver/bolt/trigger
Green Mountain 18" fluted bull barrel
B&C Anschutz stock
EGW base
TPS TSR rings
Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40
Put a sling stud on it and slapped on a Harris 6-9" non-swiveling

It's pretty accurate out to 100 yards, but I haven't gotten to fire it much yet. The Vortex scope has pretty cheap turrets, but the glass is nice. For $150ish I'm happy with it. I have a Timney trigger on order because oh boy does the stock one suck. This is my first rifle "build" and I'm really happy with how it came out. I'll get more adventuresome with it in the future.

Re: Another 10/22 Build

I know it is rediculous money but if you are going to build one go ahead and put a Kidd trigger on.You will not be dissapointed.Mine on my 17hm2 breks at 6oz and I love it.I have messed with a lot of 10/22s and that trigger is the best.You kind polish the stock ones but by the time you get them where you like them they will be problematic.