• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another situational ethics question.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I just learned in my Oklahoma CCW class that its illegal to carry a pistol on USPS property , a definite felony:

The problem:

Youre in the P O with your concealed carry, well concealed, got your mail and headed out when you hear gunshots around the corner.

-Do you risk your freedom by stopping the mayhem.

-Get the fuck out of there cause even in you stop the problem you create a huge one for yourself.

I just learned in my Oklahoma CCW class that its illegal to carry a pistol on USPS property , a definite felony:

The problem:

Youre in the P O with your concealed carry, well concealed, got your mail and headed out when you hear gunshots around the corner.

-Get the fuck out of there cause even in you stop the problem you create a huge one for yourself.

Walk away. Let the helpless "just call the police" call the police.

Or run back to your truck to drop off the mail and "grab your carry gun".

Or best case there are already armed citizens unloading on the perp.

Most likely it's the cops shooting someone or something that startled them. So best to get as far away as possible.

The problem:

Im doing the right thing....the law is against us and for criminals. Im will not stand idle while innocent people are hurt. There are enough fucking cowards in this country.

Here is another one:

You are the head of the FBI. You know for a 100% certainty Joe Biden is a child molester and you find out the FBI has been covering it up for him for 40 years.

You also know Joe Biden is a corrupt piece of shit who uses shell companies and shitbag relatives to hide the tens of millions in bribes he has been collecting for 40 years and the FBI has been covering it up.

You know Jow Biden fucked his daughter in law while his son was dying of cancer and he fucked his granddaughter and the FBI ignored it.

You knew Hunter Biden's laptop was 100% real and you hid it from the public.

You know Bill Clinton went to Epstein's pedophile island at least 30 times to fuck teenaged girls and the FBI covered it up.

You know the person who killed Jeff Epstein and that is was 100% a fucking murder because your agents took him there and waited while he did it.

You know the Kennedy's murdered a woman with a fake car wreck in 1969, would the Biden's be out of line for murdering his wife in a car wreck so Joe could marry the babysitter in 1972?

Knowing all of this, would you give a shit if you walked into an unmanned Post Office and checked your mail drop while carrying a concealed weapon?

The problem:

The gunshots are around the corner. Not aimed at you. You leave your piece in your pants and gtfo.

There is no mandate, legal, ethical, or otherwise, for you to “stop the mayhem”. The CCW? That’s for defense. Of you.

You only just learned that????

Or run back to your truck to drop off the mail and "grab your carry gun".

Exactly where were you parked???

That might also be the very wrong answer as well.

Get you and yours off the X and away from the scene post haste.

Reactions: FWoo45
    Just live in a red county where it won't even come up. I've been in the post office and argued with the guy who said I had to wear a mask. He then asked if I had a gun on me, (he saw my print) and told me I couldn't have that in there. So I then left. Unless you're in some blue hell county you won't have an issue. If you do live in blueland.... MOVE!

I’ve wondered about this also, but from a different angle.

What if you’re carrying and you get your mail. Then on the way home you get pulled over for a traffic ticket. Officer discovers you have a CCW and sees the package you got from the post office. Is that enough evidence for them to investigate whether you possessed a gun on usps property? Does leaving it in the car in the parking lot count as a felony? What about parked on the street in front of the post office? Because… the data on your phone AND your car are both gonna rat you out if they get to look.

What if you’re carrying and you get your mail. Then on the way home you get pulled over for a traffic ticket. Officer discovers you have a CCW and sees the package you got from the post office. Is that enough evidence for them to investigate whether you possessed a gun on usps property? Does leaving it in the car in the parking lot count as a felony? What about parked on the street in front of the post office? Because… the data on your phone AND your car are both gonna rat you out if they get to look.
    Worrying about stuff like this means you are a Canadian…. Move north or man up.

Worrying about stuff like this means you are a Canadian…. Move north or man up.
    Does it? You could pull your weapon to stop a crime an hour after going to the post office, and if they get your car data as part of the investigation you’re sunk on felony.

Edit to add: I carry every day. “Manning up” doesn’t mean I shouldn’t recognize the legal pungee pit that lays out before me.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mwalex and Maggot

Yes, being in the parking lot, on PO property is the same as being in the building. I suppose you could say you stashed in the storm drain before and the picked it up... :D
    Just live in a red county where it won't even come up. I've been in the post office and argued with the guy who said I had to wear a mask. He then asked if I had a gun on me, (he saw my print) and told me I couldn't have that in there. So I then left. Unless you're in some blue hell county you won't have an issue. If you do live in blueland.... MOVE!
    I live in one of the reddest counties in America, but at that point, after a shooting, you'd be dealing with the Feds.

Yes, being in the parking lot, on PO property is the same as being in the building. I suppose you could say you stashed in the storm drain before and the picked it up... :D

I live in one of the reddest counties in America, but at that point, after a shooting, you'd be dealing with the Feds.
    Would you? Why would you be dealing with feds? The county sherrifs office is who has the jurisdiction I would think. I guess it's possible the feds could take the case if it was on post office property but that's not what your example said.

i don't know. i'm a long way from oklahoma. :p

Do you have something to support the parking lot comment? In TX the PO has specific "NO Guns" sign posted on all the entrance doors, not the parking lot entrance. You are saying I can't drive through the parking lot with a weapon and drop a letter in an outside box?

Code of Federal Regulations – Title 39 – which is named “Conduct on Postal Property” says “No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.”
    Do you have something to support the parking lot comment? In TX the PO has specific "NO Guns" sign posted on all the entrance doors, not the parking lot entrance. You are saying I can't drive through the parking lot with a weapon and drop a letter in an outside box?

Reactions: Maggot

Simple answer.
    DON'T go answering fishing questions the police try to ask you to nose around.
    If you get pulled over for a traffic ticket, be polite and cordial but only give the information you are legally required to, which usually is simply your name and ID and signing the ticket.

Unless you start talking yourself into problems, there won't be a problem.

Call in an airstrike

1691464139660.jpeg

(Jerk that pistol and solve the problem-- when questioned by police, lawyer up. ALWAYS LAWYER UP).

Simple answer.
    If you get pulled over for a traffic ticket, be polite and cordial but only give the information you are legally required to, which usually is simply your name and ID and signing the ticket.

Isn’t Oklahoma a duty to inform state?

Code of Federal Regulations – Title 39 – which is named “Conduct on Postal Property” says “No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.”
    I don't think your car is included in that.

Simple answer.

People absolutely love talking themselves into problems. Just vomiting information all over.

Never talk to the police about anything. Ever.

You only just learned that????

Exactly where were you parked???

That might also be the very wrong answer as well.

Get you and yours off the X and away from the scene post haste.

Guess my local post office is 100% park on the public street. The parking lot in back is marked "for USPS vehicles only".

Guess I'm technically breaking the law every time I walk up to the drop box for 5 feet, but it's outside of the building.

But yes, 99% of the time you don't want to end up defending a random stranger. As sad as it is, that's just another way to lose everything these days.

Would you? Why would you be dealing with feds? The county sherrifs office is who has the jurisdiction I would think. I guess it's possible the feds could take the case if it was on post office property but that's not what your example said.
    It would likely be both. the sheriff would determine whether you'd be charged for the shooting. It Fed wanted to they could pursue you Today's climate???

Simple answer.

To add to this watch these. If you've never seen them you need to. The first was homework given by my first chl instructor who was a cop as well.

On the subject of post office parking lot. If the parking lot is for the post office only best not to park there with a gun. If the parking lot is shared with other businesses you are likely fine leaving it in the vehicle.

Guess my local post office is 100% park on the public street. The parking lot in back is marked "for USPS vehicles only".

Guess I'm technically breaking the law every time I walk up to the drop box for 5 feet, but it's outside of the building.

But yes, 99% of the time you don't want to end up defending a random stranger. As sad as it is, that's just another way to lose everything these days.
    I agree.
    In a fight the ref will tell you “protect yourself at all times”.
    So I remember that on the street, I protect myself, as well as those that rely on me. If I go getting hurt unnecessarily, then my family will be left without me.

So, in most cases on the street, I look out for my wife’s husband first and foremost. I can’t protect everyone.

So given the original situation, when the police showed up to arrest me, I'd advise them that I'm placing them all under citizens arrest for violating the same policy.

The problem:

Just so you know, those shots around the corner do not put you in imminent danger. If you chose to turn that corner and confront the shooter, you've just lost your self defense case. Not withstanding any other scenarios.

Reactions: clcustom1911
    I'm in the camp of the USPS is inviting the public into their "property".
    Hence the CCW laws as applicable to your state apply.
    Hence the USPS office would be REQUIRED to notify you they want you to leave their "property" due to you "carrying concealed".
    Side note:
    I haven't seen ANY "Super Trooper USPS Raiding Team 6" or ANYONE with a "badge" that has any authority of law enforcement in the USPS post offices.

But hey...you do you.

Last edited:
    PO, Walmart, restaurant, wherever...pretty much everyone else had the same opportunity to arm themselves. Me and mine are out. Good luck to the rest of you...unless small children are involved.

Reactions: RPN
    Around the corner means most likely you can't see the threat. If you choose get in your car to investigate. It's cover and another tool in the tool bag.

The problem:

Don’t risk your freedom for a policy that the degenerate filth on the other side created.

I'm in the camp of the USPS is inviting the public into their "property".
    Hence the CCW laws as applicable to your state apply.
    Hence the USPS office would be REQUIRED to notify you they want you to leave their "property" due to you "carrying concealed".
    Side note:
    I haven't seen ANY "Super Trooper USPS Raiding Team 6" or ANYONE with a "badge" that has any authority of law enforcement in the USPS post offices.

But hey...you do you.

• Haha
    Reactions: HeavyAssault
    If your state has extended the castle doctrine to include your car then you can leave it in your car.
    Even in the post office public parking area

Choosing to get involved in a gun fight is going to be a split second decision.
    If it happens right in front of you are you going to know which person is the bad party involved? How are you going to decide who is the bad actor if you have to go around the corner and get involved?