• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another situational ethics question.

If your state has extended the castle doctrine to include your car then you can leave it in your car.
Even in the post office public parking area

Choosing to get involved in a gun fight is going to be a split second decision.
If it happens right in front of you are you going to know which person is the bad party involved? How are you going to decide who is the bad actor if you have to go around the corner and get involved?
Perhaps I should have left the "around the corner" part out and jsut said "shit starts in front of you or near you".

It really depends what type of shooting was going on, and who was doing it.

However I miss Oklahoma and my favorite

o.jpg

For me, it is not possible to enter a post office unloaded. I could fart at anytime. I have cleared rooms. I have had a ag shop full of grown men crying.

And I usually have a flip blade in my pocket. And always, my 9 on my side.

So, there is not even a 30.06 or 30.07 sign at some of the smaller post offices. Those are the Texas State Penal codes that an establishment must display in the proper sizing and font to warn people. 30.06 is no concealed carry. 30.07 is no open carry.

But I cannot stop myself from eating three bean salad. And may God have mercy on your soul.

For those about to puke, I salute you.

Concealed is called concealed for a reason............I carry every day..........

Does it? You could pull your weapon to stop a crime an hour after going to the post office, and if they get your car data as part of the investigation you’re sunk on felony.

Edit to add: I carry every day. “Manning up” doesn’t mean I shouldn’t recognize the legal pungee pit that lays out before me.
Stressing about those odds is why Canadians take it up the ass most days.

• Haha
Reactions: 101st and Maggot
You just learned a PO is a federally regulated building?

Also, you’re going to get shot by the first cops on scene.

Reactions: JR_77
I carry everyday also. But I avoid places that I cannot carry. In those rare occasions where I cannot carry a firearm I carry other defensive weapons. Make a plan, stay aware, carry on.

This is why I carry a "ghost gun" and extra long nitrile gloves.

You know, you actually can carry a long gun onto PO property. They ship them.

FIFY

For me, it is not possible to enter a post office unloaded. I could fart at anytime. I have cleared rooms. I have had a ag shop full of grown men crying.

And I usually have a flip blade in my pocket. And always, my 9 on my side.

So, there is not even a 30.06 or 30.07 sign at some of the smaller post offices. Those are the Texas State Penal codes that an establishment must display in the proper sizing and font to warn people. 30.06 is no concealed carry. 30.07 is no open carry.

But I cannot stop myself from eating three bean salad. And may God have mercy on your soul.

For those about to puke, I salute you.
Federal properties are not required to display state mandated signs.
During your class, they specifically told you that federal properties restrict carrying firearms, and they specifically call out the Post Office, IRS etc...

No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property

What we have here is a case of the postal service making up its own law.

Congress did not write this. The CFR means Code of Federal Regulations, and that means that the postal service wrote it.

The Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals decided in 2015 that this regulation did not violate the Second Amendment. That was pre-Bruen. Nobody has tested whether the regulation is authorized by Congress or the USPS just going off on a lark of their own.

Oh, sorry, here is the Tenth Circuit case from 2015, Bonidy v. USPS:

Bonidy claims the regulation is unconstitutional as applied to him because it violates his Second Amendment right to (1) bring his gun into the United States Post Office building in Avon, Colorado (hereinafter “post office building”), and (2) store the gun in the post office parking lot while he picks up his mail. The district court ruled, on cross-motions for summary judgment, that the regulation is constitutional insofar as it prohibits guns in the building, but unconstitutional insofar as it prohibits guns in the parking lot. Both parties appeal.

We have jurisdiction under 28 U.S.C. § 1291 and conclude that the regulation is constitutional as to all USPS property at issue in this case, including the Avon Post Office parking lot, because the Second Amendment right to bear arms has not been extended to “government buildings.” Government buildings, in this context, includes the government owned parking lot connected to the U.S. Post Office. Alternatively, even if we were to conclude that the parking lot did not qualify as a “government building,” we would uphold this regulation as constitutional as applied to the parking lot under independent intermediate scrutiny.

Reactions: doubloon
This is why I carry a "ghost gun" and extra long nitrile gloves.

FIFY

I shipped my shotgun to myself. Easier than transporting it 1500 miles in the car. Easy to do.

Reactions: doubloon
Oh, sorry, here is the Tenth Circuit case from 2015, Bonidy v. USPS:

They did it wrong. The right doesn't extend onto the property, they have to exclude it. Even in that case, its an illegal restriction as the paper says the .gov can't regulate it. And even on that note, it teh USPS made it up, they are not a law making body of .gov, so double illegal? Who do they think they are, the ATF? Holy shit, I should have just been a judge. After ruling on this shit, everyone would have gun safes that look like Dan Bilzerian's.

I just learned in my Oklahoma CCW class that its illegal to carry a pistol on USPS property , a definite felony:

Well shit...

Not going to out myself, but I will say that it's nice to live out in rural Oklahoma... where dudes still open carry on USPS property.

OKC/Tulsa/Lawton can kiss our asses.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
They did it wrong. The right doesn't extend onto the property, they have to exclude it. Even in that case, its an illegal restriction as the paper says the .gov can't regulate it. And even on that note, it teh USPS made it up, they are not a law making body of .gov, so double illegal? Who do they think they are, the ATF? Holy shit, I should have just been a judge. After ruling on this shit, everyone would have gun safes that look like Dan Bilzerian's.
Holler that loud and long from behind bars.

Well shit...

Not going to out myself, but I will say that it's nice to live out in rural Oklahoma... where dudes still open carry on USPS property.

OKC/Tulsa/Lawton can kiss our asses.
I think Lawton would be ok, its about as red as it gets here. OKC and Tulsa are likely another story.

Just live in a red county where it won't even come up. I've been in the post office and argued with the guy who said I had to wear a mask. He then asked if I had a gun on me, (he saw my print) and told me I couldn't have that in there. So I then left. Unless you're in some blue hell county you won't have an issue. If you do live in blueland.... MOVE!
This is basically the right answer to most current legal questions, what county are you in? For example my home town is in Cooke county, a self described 2A sanctuary where the sheriff and police will not assist federal authorities when it comes to gun laws. Jump to Travis county and if your white you will get charged for any gun law real or imagined. The entire country is now this way, your quality of justice depends on where you are standing, not just with 2A issues but just about any legal matter. Having spent a decent amount of time in Mexico their system might actually be better than this mess, they operate on if you have the money to hand to the police you walk.

Holler that loud and long from behind bars.

I think Lawton would be ok, its about as red as it gets here. OKC and Tulsa are likely another story.
I'm not going to go out of my way to get arrested, but I promise there's going be a price paid to get me in jail. Hell, when an officer pulls me over and asks do I know why? I reply with is that a 3a or 4 vest youre wearing, just curious.
Oh, and Lawton....
1691704128752.jpeg

just moved here, been here a year, Jesus, it's been three years already?

I'm not going to go out of my way to get arrested, but I promise there's going be a price paid to get me in jail. Hell, when an officer pulls me over and asks do I know why? I reply with is that a 3a or 4 vest youre wearing, just curious.
Oh, and Lawton....
View attachment 8201598
just moved here, been here a year, Jesus, it's been three years already?
Are you from Lawton? If so send me a pm and we can go bang some steel.

Youre not far off on the photos. the sun wears you down, but that looks like meth.

was that heart attack on a bun any good? I've lived here since 2005 and have never eaten at any place that has the word taco, Del, or Rancho in it's name.
I call Taco Bueno..."Taco No Bueno". They use dehydrated beans that make you fart like an old cow.

Are you from Lawton? If so send me a pm and we can go bang some steel.

Youre not far off on the photos. the sun wears you down, but that looks like meth.
I'm in OKC. But we can meet at fouled bore sometime. Feel free to PM me, I'll send you my number

I'm in OKC. But we can meet at fouled bore sometime. Feel free to PM me, I'll send you my number
PM sent

I was there today with fellow member Josh. got out to 900, he made 1000. Justin has done some work, better berms all the way out. the main range is 1350, but I think he's got a mile.

PM sent

I was there today with fellow member Josh. got out to 900, he made 1000. Justin has done some work, better berms all the way out. the main range is 1350, but I think he's got a mile.
we've run to 1475 there

Reactions: Maggot
Federal properties are not required to display state mandated signs.
During your class, they specifically told you that federal properties restrict carrying firearms, and they specifically call out the Post Office, IRS etc...
True and my post was awkwardly worded. For example, some banks post those signs, some do not. And you are correct, federal buildings do not have to post state-mandated signs.

And there is no signage of any kind at my post office.

Funny story. Went to a fed building to see a colleague get sworn in as a US citizen. I knew they would not like my 9 mm. So, I stowed that and forgot all about my flip blade knife for opening letters and boxes. Had to walk all the way back out to the vehicle to stow that, as well. But I did carry my bowels, so I was not completely unarmed.

But thanks for the salty reply, nevertheless.

True and my post was awkwardly worded. For example, some banks post those signs, some do not. And you are correct, federal buildings do not have to post state-mandated signs.

And there is no signage of any kind at my post office.

Funny story. Went to a fed building to see a colleague get sworn in as a US citizen. I knew they would not like my 9 mm. So, I stowed that and forgot all about my flip blade knife for opening letters and boxes. Had to walk all the way back out to the vehicle to stow that, as well. But I did carry my bowels, so I was not completely unarmed.

But thanks for the salty reply, nevertheless.
Letters and boxes. Right,

I had to take my fruit slicer back to the car.

Reactions: Ronws
Title 18, United States Code, Section 930. Felony

"Possessing a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a federal facility for other than official purposes, causing such a weapon to be present, or attempting to do so are punishable by a fine, imprisonment for up to 1 year, or both. If the prohibited weapon is intended to be used to commit a crime, the penalty is an increased fine, imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both."

The gunshots are around the corner. Not aimed at you. You leave your piece in your pants and gtfo.

There is no mandate, legal, ethical, or otherwise, for you to “stop the mayhem”. The CCW? That’s for defense. Of you.
You work for Uvalde PD?

You work for Uvalde PD?
Nah. See, that‘s different. Once you put on a badge, you do have an ethical and legal mandate to go get involved. So fuck the police….especially those cowardly motherfuckers.

Reactions: JLP83
Title 18, United States Code, Section 930. Felony

"Possessing a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a federal facility for other than official purposes, causing such a weapon to be present, or attempting to do so are punishable by a fine, imprisonment for up to 1 year, or both. If the prohibited weapon is intended to be used to commit a crime, the penalty is an increased fine, imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both."
"(g)(1). The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties."

USPS employees are not federal employees.

Also, even if it was a federal facility (which I already stated I do not believe that it is), there is a notice requirement in the statute.

"(h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be."

Reactions: Ronws
Draw your Phone and film the shooting/chaos.

Go viral on the interwebs after millions of views.

F62B03ED-63B4-46A3-B09D-B236353C7A8F.jpeg

fuck all that captain save a hoe shit. Maybe they deserve the heat they gettin