• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

any one install a Timney trigger ?

arnie19

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Ca.
I have installed one in triggers in a DPMS type 308 AR .Every thing works fine when the upper is off the lower but when I put it together and cock it ,the trigger wont fire the rifle .If I put the safety to safe and then to fire it will work for that one trigger pull .I also hear a click in the trigger when I move the safety on and then off when it is cocked .I can make it do the same thing by removing the upper and pushing the hammer down past the first click .Then if I push down on the tail piece that connects the safety it will click up slightly and then the trigger will operate .It acts like the Carrier is pushing the hammer down to far as it slides back to cock the hammer. Any one have any ideas what's going on ? I sent this to Timney also . Arnie

Did you tighten the set screws in the base and put the little lock screws on top? Is it centered in the lower?

Did you use an ar15 trigger instead of the 308 model?

Ok I found the problem . There was a small spot on my lower where the hammer was hitting or rubbing as it rotated back .You could see the mark left from the hammer rubbing it .I took my Dremel tool to the spot and now it works fine . This was an 80% lower so I guess I didn't quite remove enough metal at that spot . Arnie