• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any original members here?

So when did this site begin? I'd like some history from Day-1 if possible.

I wish I could remember how I found this place back in 2009. All I know is I was almost killed rock climbing while living in Colorado. Decided to get back into LR shooting and found this site. A lot of helpful dudes got me started. A member here invited me out to the Colorado Rifle Club. They used to hold monthly p-dog matches. Frank himself even invited me to go shooting at the Pawnee grasslands one weekend. Didn't know him at the time and never took him up on the offer.

Reactions: Bender
I've tried a number of forums over the years but none of them have had the same level of knowledge and shit talking as SH.

I recently joined another forum to check it out and saw this pic in a thread....yeah...that's one way to get clearance for your turret globe I guess...

IMG_20230723_115935.jpg

I've tried a number of forums over the years but none of them have had the same level of knowledge and shit talking as SH.

I recently joined another forum to check it out and saw this pic in a thread....yeah...that's one way to get clearance for your turret globe I guess...

View attachment 8303116
This has to be a joke. Can anyone truly be that fucking stupid?

View attachment 8303116
If it works how stupid can it be?
😂😂😂

Reactions: Bullfrog08
This has to be a joke. Can anyone truly be that fucking stupid?
Sadly I don't think it is. Old boy needed clearance between the turret globe and mount and that was his solution. Between that and other members being proud of not spending more than $75 for scope rings ever, that's when I realized that maybe that forum is on a different level.

Reactions: Woodlanddude
May have been Buttercup.

R
I think Buttercup was the girl who hung out with George from GA Precision at shows ( I vaguely remember pics posted). I think she did some photos with US Optics, as well. IIRC, she met a guy and wiped all her photos from the Hide.

Reactions: Rthur
I think Buttercup was the girl who hung out with George from GA Precision at shows ( I vaguely remember pics posted). I think she did some photos with US Optics, as well. IIRC, she met a guy and wiped all her photos from the Hide.
Buttercup and I worked for US Optics at the same time. Nice girl. Still in touch with her.

2007 or somewhere around there. Back when Eric was still building rifles at Gap with the fireplug stamp.

Got in in the group buys for McMillan smear stocks and Lapua brass. Does that make me old?

I was on the list for a return stock as well. Mine turned put to be woodland with matching numbers bm and tg. I think we all paid $200.

I can't even remember my original user name. It was back around 2010ish. I stayed away for quite a while because it just wasn't the same salty place.

Was it Shankster who was always posting photos of his fatties?

I don’t think they were his; just his “ideal” women. I lived in N. Idaho for nearly 10 years and regret never getting to meet Shank.

Not Shankster related but anyone remember the diaper outing? I think it was VJJ and someone else.

I can’t remember when I joined, but can never forget a few members from ye ole days. Shanksters story about one of his fattys farting during sex, then coming back from the shitter trailing teepee is burned in my brain forever.

Still got the patch from the Scout exfill, (thanks Sirhr!!!) and remember when LL announced going there. Thought it wasn’t going to end well at the time... Nice job on the recon Arctic, first used that tactic in a previous life as the first step in ‘fixing a problem‘. Let people create their own hell based on their fears, just give ‘‘em a little kindling😀

You were old dude when I was a new old dude!!!

Good to see you still here, ameego!

Sirhr

It may not ever be what it once was but the Hide is better now than it was once. I'm glad it is!

Thanks, this has a great thread. Great to see these familiar names from the pre Scout days. Sad thinking about the ones we've lost, but it's truly been an amazing internet family. Not been around the other forums much, but it's hard to imagine another one forming this tight group we have here. It's truly been epic over the years.

Reactions: Maggot
Joined in ought nine. Been a member on numerous forums but this is the only one I frequent now.

Coming up on 20 years. I’ve had and lost thousands of posts through every change and site update.

Does anyone remember “Rate this member”? Stars were awarded and lost at a dizzying pace.

I miss the old dudes like Arch Stanton/Forty One/Raul De Los Sanchez, , Mike D, Captain Kick Ass (of the broken television division) NOBODY, Boltripper, Two Shoes, and all the Texas-centric members when Lowlight worked out of Rifles Only.

I remember someone describing himself as being Not from Texas, but from one of the 49 lesser states.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearlight
I’m not sure when SH came into being.
I retired the first time in 1997 and the Internet was just coming into being about then.
I spent a lot of time on shooting sites. SH may have been one that I frequented.
It definitely would have caught my eye then.

I know I was here before SCOUT.

Oh heck what ever happened to Boltripper? His avatar was him nekid skydiving. We shot several sniper matches together back in the day. Last time I saw him he was working the gun counter at Bass Pro.

I’ve been here since 2009. It’s good to see some old familiar names posting in here. I do miss the old days when this place was mean and raw. This seems to be a much “gentler” version of the Hide. We definitely kept the fragile thin skinned ones weeded out. I remember times that Boltripper’s postings would have me laughing so hard I’d cry. I remember those cartoon videos posted above as well. The “bad ass new glass” video was pure gold. This place was home in a way. Then when the whole Scout thing took place, it just wasn’t the same anymore. This place is a wealth of information for new and old alike. I’ve been shooting a long time now, but I still go to the reloading depot to see what others have found with certain bullets and powders.

Anyway….hope y’all all have a Merry Christmas.

I think she was at one of the Thunderbeast team matches me and Tate were shooting. She was there with a US Optics rep.

I remember this well. The funniest thing on the internet at the time!
At the time, those videos were so fucking accurate. Hell they probably still are. There are several of them. I watched them all over and over. I just scrolled back up and watch that one that was posted. I still laughed until I had tears in my eyes, even now. Any noobs that find themselves here reading this, go watch those videos. Don’t be that guy and people here will be a lot more helpful and nice to you.

Reactions: MJF
Shankster was a mess but at least he was preferable to Spongey.

I remember fondly that vid that somebody made called "Downfall of the Hide" - oh man I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Thanks for posting that Burt. I was just trying to run a search for it and was turning up zip.

Reactions: BurtG
just watched it. The one you posted is a later iteration. Still funny though.

Reactions: BurtG