• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a home vault/gunsafe

I'm curious... can anyone point to a break-in of a domicile in which crooks used torches, porta-powers, heavy grinding tools, hydraulics, forklifts, anti-tank guns, acid drips, concrete saws... and other major implements of destruction... to steal a gun collection?

I ask because the vast majority of gun thefts are amateurs who break in... grab whatever they can... and guns are high on the list. A door that will stop then for 10 minutes... is effective.

When, ever, has an organized ring with heavy equipment targeted a residence?

IMHO... and maybe I'll be proved wrong with empirical data... the biggest concern is kids and snatch-thieves. Organized rings will succeed, no matter how thick the door or the concrete. But, really, have we EVER seen that kind of theft from a private collection?

Curious... and will be interested to hear about examples.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have a friend who was professionally targetted for a gun collection robbery, back in the 80's...16 guns & a sword (at the time, valued at 2 million). They were stored in a bank vault in a small bank, and one of the tellers was dating a local mafiosi.

She told the boyfriend about the collection they were storing, and they robbed it over a weekend (if memory serves me right).

So, it does happen...but it's rare, and most of us don't have collections like that.