• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Anyone have any experience with the GSCI PVS-31C housing?

Well, for starters, they’re not 31’s. They’re just piggybacking on the PVS-31 lore/legend/name.

They should be made out of pure lead if they’re really 42-ounces. Perhaps they’re EMP-proof.

I looked into them since a vendor I bought from was offering the housing at a really attractive price (housing includes optic). Yeah some vendors say 42oz, others 23oz. The actual datasheet from GSCI blanks on the table by weight... I decided its just not worth it when other housings are available and proven YMMV.

Reactions: TheHorta
42 has got to be shipping weight... there’s no way. Even 23 is too heavy for a “31”

I own a set of these and while I have not put them on a scale, but there is no way they are close to 42oz
I do like that they are Al housings and it is nice to be able to run a regular cell phone battery pack instead of a PVS31A battery back ($500-1000).
The Lema cable for the PVS31C has a USB attachment on the other end.

The Cs are made of aluminum while the As are composite. So inherently the Cs should be more durable, the big question is still weight of the Cs. Hopefully TGG2003 will get back to us on that.

24 ounces without battery

Thats not bad, though not great. To make nomenclature even more confusing, seems like L3 got a new contract for the 31s for USAF with the designation PVS-31C.

sounds like for USAF ground boys and not aviators, I wonder if theres any difference between these and SOCOM's. P/N ends in A48AF instead of A48

Thats not bad, though not great. To make nomenclature even more confusing, seems like L3 got a new contract for the 31s for USAF with the designation PVS-31C.

sounds like for USAF ground boys and not aviators, I wonder if theres any difference between these and SOCOM's. P/N ends in A48AF instead of A48

Probably some minor changes based on specific feature requests. Likely for PJ’s and Weather guys. No reason for other AF ground units to have them, only SF guys.