• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Anyone have IOR Tracking Issues on a .338 LM ?

338macgruber

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2012
Utah, U.S.A.
www.hooliganmedia.com
I have a very accurate custom built Rem700 .338LM & I have recently upgraded to an IOR 3.5-18 FFP MP8 reticle optic. It seems to jump around a bit- has anyone had similar issues? A friend of mine that was a medic at the 2013 SAC told me that IOR's have had issues in all their competitions. Anyone have any feedback / experience with IOR FFP optics on a .338 LM shooting .300gr projectiles on a regular basis?

Before this I had the SWFA 5-20 HD FFP with no issues & before that a Leupold Mk4 6.5-20 TMR SFP that worked great.

I have badger ordnance 20 moa rail with IOR rings + holland anti-cant device, all torqued to spec.

Thanks in advance.

Is this the new IOR series with 40mm scope tube? Is the the scope moving/sliding under recoil?

I have a very accurate custom built Rem700 .338LM & I have recently upgraded to an IOR 3.5-18 FFP MP8 reticle optic. It seems to jump around a bit- has anyone had similar issues? A friend of mine that was a medic at the 2013 SAC told me that IOR's have had issues in all their competitions. Anyone have any feedback / experience with IOR FFP optics on a .338 LM shooting .300gr projectiles on a regular basis?

Before this I had the SWFA 5-20 HD FFP with no issues & before that a Leupold Mk4 6.5-20 TMR SFP that worked great.

I have badger ordnance 20 moa rail with IOR rings + holland anti-cant device, all torqued to spec.

Thanks in advance.

Although I have no direct experience with IOR it seems to be a common problem with them. Many hot debates have been had between a few loyal supporters and most of the other members of this forum. If you use your google-fu I would bet you could dig up those threads.

Sell those scopes and get a nightforce or vortex razor. I had too many issues with IOR. Yes i id get some good ones but about 50% were duds too. On a big magnum i wouldnt waste the time.

To be fair to IOR it *could* be moving in the rings plus they have a warranty, you could try swapping it out. But honestly they are just not as durable as other scopes out there.

Last edited: