• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Anyone preparing for a diaster such as 2012?

Re: Anyone preparing for a diaster such as 2012?

Makes you wonder about the sanity of those that think, they're in power.

Where I live the Z's will be from Birmingham or Atlanta. Many will be thinned out before they reach our doors for sure, as Hill-Billys hate Z's worse than fire ants, or Kudzu. The folks around here have voted on having me cut the road from water to water. Many Boats and 2 Birds will allow us to travel to the mainland if needed. Z's coming via water are but Ducks in a Gallery.
crazy.gif

Well, well; whadda yaknow?

Still here and all...

'S cool...

So far I'm not to impressed by the Mayans record of predictions.
What about the stuff they missed?

Spaniards invading their country.... ooops missed that one
Spaniards slaughtering all the warriors and priests... hmm missed that one too.

so far a pretty big 0-2 going to be 0-3 after 2012

by the way they never said end of world the correct translation is great transformation or transformation of consciousness

:p

Jdegid, I agree, though, given the level of stupidity I see on a regular basis, that transformation of consciousness might not be in the direction we think...lol.

I was hoping the transformation of consciousness would mean that the american people would wake up and see them mess in the white house...

if thats the case I hope the Mayans are CORRECT!!!!

Jdegid

I sense a regression in thought *slams head against floor*. What part of having your culter being destroyed that just doesn't seem to get through people's heads?
Ok look guys is it the Mayans who are incorrect, or our interpretation? Remember there used to be thousands and thousands of book made by the Mayans. Almost all of which was DESTROYED! There are only FOUR known books that survived. One of which is the Popol Vu, or Book Of The Dawn.
Try rebuilding an understanding of culter and devolopment, that took thousands of years to do, from only four credibal sources. This would be like you building your library and putting all your people's history in it. Then having an invading force destroy it, and go "Well, I wonder what all these scribbles on paper meant? Uh Kermit the Frog must have been one of their deities. Cleary the evidence is sufficient. Look how they gather round dancing."
crazy.gif

Most of what is considered Mayan culter is nothing more than educated speculation from Professor types. If the professionals say they have no real understanding of the culter then I doubt some swinging dick on the TV screaming the end of the world has a better take on things.

Well here is one for all of you to think about....
in the great crash of 1929 85 percent of us lived in rual parts, and 15 persent in cities.... now 85 in cities and 15 in rual... right now in the USA things are getting worse, gas expensive etc... how do we feed all those... well if men are hungry ... riots happen , break down etc... In Canada well they wanted to control our fire arms ownership... Here lots of us stashed guns... being armed and living close to family and others who think like us make survial possible in a north American break down... Me shot gun, a good semi- and a good long distance gun ...like the saying goes... those who turn their spears and swords to plow sears will plow for those who didn't... those who do not prepare ... seek to take from those who did...
my opinion Maddawg

My question: At the end of the world, shouldn't you be ended? Or if you survive a disaster, doesn't that mean most everyone else will and society will continue?

Personally i cant wait for all the election jokes for 2012

I like how everyone loads up .50 cals and other big calibers for zombies. My guess it a good 12ga and even a 3030 or similar cal will take care of a good headshot.

Ive got a old lever action 9422 .22Mag that I have faith in splattering a brain with.

CM, you can't kill something that is already dead. Perhaps you should be thinking about flame throwers...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CM, you can't kill something that is already dead</div></div> But everyone can keep beating the dead horse that this thread has become....

lol well hey look around guys what dead horse, why think that? This is definately a possiblity... The great econimy is falling apart... The governments are sort of keeping it a float guys... watch and see what happens in the next three years...
maddawg

well I have moved close to family, out of town, and the best friend next to my 3 choices is my dog, a must have in this type of situation

sweet, glad someone brought this pure gem of a thread back from zombieland

I bought a whole bunch of aluminum foil!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTbYUd1jUc4&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTbYUd1jUc4&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTbYUd1jUc4&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTbYUd1jUc4&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Classic..."how to find drinking water by collecting the morning dew in human skulls."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTbYUd1jUc4&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VTbYUd1jUc4&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

That's awesome!!! I love the ONN.

preparing for a diaster such as 2012?

Personally the biggest disasters - short on total nuclear war - will be naural disasters sudh as the ancient yet active Yellowstone Caldera blowing and covering 2/3 of the nation with huge amounts of volcanic ash - as it has done before. And Yellowstone is geologically DUE to blow.

Then there's a metor or comet strike.

Or a pandemic virus.

Or a massive earthquake (in your area, not mine :eek:)

Learn "The Disaster Position", i.e. bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

Well I guess I can't chew my kid ass about being on the games all day. He is in training. LOL

Whats the point, in the case of the 2012 scenario. The whole globe went up in flames and flood.
eek.gif

If you call buying a lot of guns and pistol preparing for a disaster, then I guess I prepare 24/7.

Re: preparing for a diaster such as 2012?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litehiker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally the biggest disasters - short on total nuclear war - will be naural disasters sudh as the ancient yet active Yellowstone Caldera blowing and covering 2/3 of the nation with huge amounts of volcanic ash - as it has done before. And Yellowstone is geologically DUE to blow.

Then there's a metor or comet strike.

Or a pandemic virus.

Or a massive earthquake (in your area, not mine :eek:)

Learn "The Disaster Position", i.e. bend over and kiss your ass goodbye. </div></div>

how about "all of thee above" not in that specific order, metor strike leads to massive earthquakes, leads to yellowstone, leads to social disruption/disorder leads to widespread famine & disease....
can't wait !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always wondered if the Mayan calendar ended at 2012 because some poor bastard just got tired of carving. </div></div> No, it's a Fu*kin circle & they ran out of space...

I think the funniest part of this entire Hide isn't the threads like this because let's all face it, you read some of this shit or you wouldn't see my post in the first place. The funniest part isn't the teen-age kid with a felony arrest on his record posting a UTube video of what he's gonna do when SHTF. It's the guys that grill those kids about "you couldn't save yourself from a paper cut", "this kid is the product of video games", "this guy/kid/gal/dog/cat/yougettheidea makes gun owners look bad", "you need so many gallons of water prepared for the aftermath", "you need this much ammo/food/water/clean air/cappuccino machine".... ad naseum ...

That same elitish prick who has WELL prepared to defend LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE AMERICAN WAY... will have a signature quoting some draconic religion text designed to control the masses about how "God will show me the way", "God will protect me"... ad naseum ...

Well asshole, if God is going to protect you why you got all them fucking guns? That may border on religion/politics but damn guys. Get your story straight. Are YOU saving your ass with all those guns or do you have them just so you feel like a REAL man in a crowd of your friends. If God is gonna save your punk ass because you are meek and blindly following a list of basic rules then why all the guns/ammo/food/water/jolly ranchers/grandma's fruit bread from 3 Xmas' ago.

Pull out of the television for a minute and think for a second away from corporation commercials and pharmaceutical ads and think logically for a bit. If SHTF what makes you think you're still around? What makes you think that you can survive when your cell phone doesn't work. All that geek-toy knowledge you got (and my CCNA for that matter) are all well and good when your alarm goes off in the morning for work but what about the obvious question of "what would cause a SHTF scenario?". Will you survive? What would you do? OMG! WTF! This was not in the pamphlet I got at the recruiter's station during ROTC training?

Bottom line is IF something happened to classify as a genuine SHTF moment you probably won't be around to post it in a forum afterwards.

The real question you should ask is....

What the fuck would I want to still be around for? Call me stupid but I saw a signature that says it all really. I could go find it but I can relate the general idea.

"I don't advocate killing everyone, I just think we need to take the warning labels off of things and let nature sort it out."

Kind of like the old saying of "if you eat too many marbles you won't be able to grown up and have little idiots of your own.

So really? Zombie ammunition, SHTF shelters, bunkers and such. Fellas, if SHIT HITS THE FAN I'm out, thank you, good night, best of fucking luck. I'm checking out on the first flight to the other side. I don't want to see it, be a part of it or see what's left afterwards. Take me Lizbith! Fucking whole ride was filled with bullshit anyway and if that's life then you can fucking keep it.

I should've been born in a day when you lived and died by your COMMON INTELLIGENCE to get you through the day. Then we had to go and put a safety cap on it. Hey asshole, put it on the top shelf instead. Stupidity is natural life's way of taking out the trash.

Me, I got a few toys sure or I wouldn't be here learning about them. But will they save me when the zombies come? Dude, you gotta get out of the house every once in a while.

If 2012 is the year, I really want things to hurry up. I'm that sick of my job.

I think, as someone here may already have posted, they just ran out of room on the rock at 2012.

No biggie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think, as someone here may already have posted, they <span style="color: #FF0000">just ran out of room on the rock at 2012.</span>

No biggie. </div></div>

Can someone enlighten me?

The calendar is inscribed on a piece of stone about 2 to 3 inches thick and about the size of an extra large pizza.

If they'd used a smaller type size, we could have had another 950 years and they still could have read the freakin thing.

"Large" pizzas will continue to get smaller.

I'm not worried about 2012. I think my Y2K insurance covers anything that goes wrong.

In fact, I'm going to start selling Y2K-12 ("zombie apocolypse") insurance.

Let me know if you're interested.

Not to hijack the thread, but I just watched the movie 2012, it's kinda funny. At the end of the movie when everybody is on the boat, the captain says that Africa was never flooded, and they were setting course for Africa. How ironic would that be, a bunch of white people showing up on the African coast.

Also funny, a huge tidal wave crashes over the Himalayas but doesn't flood Africa.

When I saw this thread I thought it was about the elections
smile.gif

It wouldnt really have to come to natural disasters for things to deteriorate in our society.

Take a look at what happened in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. The "animals" reared their heads. That is a dramatic example but still shows what will happen.

Remove electricity (high oil prices essentially raising the costs of power stations) from society coupled with the inability to move yourself and family to a place that has electricity. Those two factors alone will decrease the amount of resources (food & supplies). Anything beyond a weeks duration will have a serious impact.

These things can happen if the assholes running the country don't stop spending us into default. It's time to cut the cord on the dependent population. By dependent, I mean the people that have not and will not likely ever contribute in a meaningful way....keep a job more than a year but stay on government handouts for years. Enough is enough.

Well the Myans were a bunch of tards in the first place! Anybody that would sacrifice a virgin does not have the intelligence to predict the end of the world. And the round rock with their so called calender was really the first design for a jalepeno and jungle monkey pizza with extra goat cheese!

2012 No, natural disaster, riots, emp, terrorist attack? Yes. I dont fault all these "Doomsday preparers" for doing what they are doing either. I question their reasons, but the preparations they are making are by no means going to put them at a disadvantage, on the contary, they will probably be better prepared than 99% of the popluation in the event of a disaster. More power to them.

Me on the other hand, I stock up on water, and food. This is the link to the food I have purchased for such an event.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11487214

I have myself, wife, and 2 young daughters to take care of and believe this will do just fine. It will supply 4 people for 4 months.

I also believe that those who have not prepared themselves will either have to depend on the government to take care of them (ie Hurricane Katrina, and we all know how miserably the government failed in that situation), die, or try and take from those who have prepared (hence the AR15 and the stocking up of .223 ammo).

And I am in the process of making what some would deem a "Bugout" bag for the house which contains items such as sleeping bags, jetboil stove with fuel canisters, water purification setup (Katdyn filter), tent, first aide supplies, etc.......basiclly my camping gear.

This is obviously not all of the supplies that my kit contains, but a breif description, I also have a smaller kit for each of my vehicles. Im here in California so the worst I might experience would probably be a major earthquake, or some sort of riot. Traffic would probably be pretty bad so getting up to the mountains (30 min drive) may take a bit, but Id rather be up there out of the city with my family than sitting on my porch with a full combat load of ammo and my AR haha.

I have responded several times within this thread. Each time I do this, I believe my responses have shifted slightly as my thinking gets further refined.

I am not a 'Doomsday Planner' as such. I consider SHTF probabilities to be limited, both in likelihood, and in scope. I consider myself to be a poor candidate for dominating such a situation, due to impaired health and the overly strong dependence it imposes on me to exist within a functioning society.

None of this demands that I either prepare on down to the dotted 'I', or cavalierly deny the necessity. It just alters the goals of my response.

What I do is at geared at least as much toward my descendants' continuance as toward my own. Where I may provide them with means and ability, I try to do so, but like the man and the fish, I'm not there to feed them, but rather, to teach them to feed themselves.

In such a future, horespower will be associated with manure, and not with greenhouse gasses. My girls know how to raise and ride horses.

In such a future, certain necessities, such as the Indians traded for, will become crucial. Salt, for instance. I'd rather store a ton of table salt before I store a ton of rice.

Bugging out? I did that over a dozen years back, I already am where I would have headed. We have 1600 souls in our small farming community, and one traffic light. I like that set of proportions. Many of the neighbors are Mennonites, who already have a leg and a half up on any potential approaching refugees; and many of them know me and mine on a first name basis. All my family lives within the same small block as I in our small town.

Firearms, ammunition? Some, but little beyond my immediate needs. The means and components to produce more? Yes; I say, and need say, no more. What resources I have are zeroed and maintained. Beyond that, little more appeals to me.

What actions I anticipate are about staying and standing, among a decent cross section of neigbors, friends and family.

Greg

If you are to prep fore a SHTF situation invest in yourself. IE: combat medic school, survival schools, what ever is available to you. Even if it is something like CPR or agriculture. The ability to self sustain is more valuable than the ability to defend. I dont think that rural america will eat it's young.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemisis7.62</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I dont think that rural america will eat it's young. </div></div>

Speak for yourself. People are tasty!

Well I beleive that SHTF comes in many forms. Lost in the woods, car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, unexpected natural disasters etc. Most people do not prepare for anything and that is just wrong! I dont prepare for the end of the earth, but I do prepare for the unexpected SHTF incedent and again, that comes in many forms too numerous to mention!

In early december i am cashing in all my 401ks, stocks, precious metals and all but 4 guns and heading to vegas.
I figure i will spend my fortunes on cocaine, scotch, hookers and the occasional buffet.
Then on the 20th, I will climb the highest hotel staircase to the roof, and set up shop.
I will also be videotaping the entire thing just in case I live, there will be something to play back to the jury to prove that I was "temporarily insane"......

Ya... I just ordered a MRAD and when my wife finds out there will be a mushroom cloud over my house.