• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Anyone seen the illumination on the USO 1-8 SR-8S?

ace of hearts

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2013
It seems that USO is no longer offering the 1-8x with both the illuminated reticle and the red dot feature, so one or the other must be chosen. The USO web site notes that the red dot option (SR-8C) is day light visible, but does not specify about the non red dot version, that implies that the illuminated reticle without the red dot (SR-8S) is not day light visible.

Has anyone received their SR-8S version yet? and if so how is daylight illumination on a high setting? I am not sure if there is a rule about posting a link to another forum so I will not include the link, but the one thread that I can find with outdoor pics makes it appear that the outer circle is fairly bright, but the crosshairs seem faint, particularly at low power. If the SR-8S is well illuminated it seems that many people would opt to save the $500, if not the SR-8c may be worth the extra money.

I was under the impression they are very different scopes, mechanically.

The red dot version is a dual focal plane with the red dot in the second focal plane. The regular illuminated scope is the normal FFP with illumination.

I was under the impression they are very different scopes, mechanically.

The red dot version is a dual focal plane with the red dot in the second focal plane. The regular illuminated scope is the normal FFP with illumination.

They made a few scopes with both the FFP illuminated reticle and the SFP red dot, but the price was very high so it will not be a regular offering (lazy has more info on this than I do), but the two methods of illumination are not mechanically mutually exclusive. In any case I am trying to find out if the illumination on the FFP is adequate or if the red dot is needed (the red dot is significantly more expensive).

Both are FFP reticles and are virtually the same other than the "C" has a Red-Dot in the SFP. The "S" has a lit reticle just like all the other USO's and is not daylight visible, just like all the other USO's. The "C" has a Daylight visible Red-Dot and the FFP reticle is not lit. The info is out there, not sure why there is so much confusion about it. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Both are FFP reticles and are virtually the same other than the "C" has a Red-Dot in the SFP. The "S" has a lit reticle just like all the other USO's and is not daylight visible, just like all the other USO's. The "C" has a Daylight visible Red-Dot and the FFP reticle is not lit. The info is out there, not sure why there is so much confusion about it. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Man why is there always 1 guy in every thread that wants to bash a fella for trying to learn something? Here is the reason for my confusion...

1. It sounds like you have looked through USO scopes before; I have not had that opportunity so I am not familiar with the level of intensity of their illumination. Thanks for sharing that none of the USO scopes are daylight visible, I did not know that.
2. The USO website dose not specifically state that they are not daylight visible (although I admit is implied since the they say that the red dots are daylight visible).
3. This thread has some pictures outside during daylight in which it looks like the illumination may be visible. http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=167312
4. Despite a growing consensus by experienced members such as yourself that the "S" is not daylight visible, I was told directly by dealer earlier today that on the highest power the scope IS daylight visible, so I have some conflicting information here.

Thanks to all who help clear this up

I've looked through the new SR8 with the red dot. It is daylight visible. I took it outside on a sunny day and pointed to a white wall the the dot was very bright, just like a C-More, Aimpoint.
I am ordering a couple of these SR8 with the red dot.

Ace, thank you for stirring this up. We kept this quiet because they're trying to get things done and keep it @ the same price we had listed. For the guys that ordered a red dot lit reticle from me, I'm being told yours are being done.

Lazy, many apologies if I stirred something up, did not know that this was sensitive info. Since the combo configuration is not listed on their website, seems like pretty public info that it is not being offered currently. I just wanted some opinions about the reticle illumination. Lazy has been good to me and if I have caused any inconvenience to him I apologize.

No worries bro......we did want to say anything until we were 100% on what was going to happen

Man why is there always 1 guy in every thread that wants to bash a fella for trying to learn something? Here is the reason for my confusion...

1. It sounds like you have looked through USO scopes before; I have not had that opportunity so I am not familiar with the level of intensity of their illumination. Thanks for sharing that none of the USO scopes are daylight visible, I did not know that.
2. The USO website dose not specifically state that they are not daylight visible (although I admit is implied since the they say that the red dots are daylight visible).
3. This thread has some pictures outside during daylight in which it looks like the illumination may be visible. http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=167312
4. Despite a growing consensus by experienced members such as yourself that the "S" is not daylight visible, I was told directly by dealer earlier today that on the highest power the scope IS daylight visible, so I have some conflicting information here.

Thanks to all who help clear this up

Ace, I wasn't bashing you. Just answering your question. I even took a stab at myself at the end there with the holiday inn line. Relax, go shooting or something.