• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone tried one of the new high rate of fire triggers?

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
Hiperfire and there is another one too. hiper is a bump fire from what I read. the other has a short reset. both are close to or over $500. just curious if they will catch on

Hiperfire is not a bump fire trigger.... It's a single stage trigger.... Nothing like a bump fire and it ranges from $200-$235 depending on which model.... It uses extra Springs to over come sear engagement so trigger pull as low as 2 lbs are attainable... I think you have your triggers mixed up.

http://www.hiperfire.com/

my tac con fire trigger arrived. will test it when i am off of work so hopefully tomorrow. bummer i don't have much 223 ammo. will post results if you would like

Hiperfire is not a bump fire trigger.... It's a single stage trigger.... Nothing like a bump fire and it ranges from $200-$235 depending on which model.... It uses extra Springs to over come sear engagement so trigger pull as low as 2 lbs are attainable... I think you have your triggers mixed up.

HIPERFIRE

ok cool, thanks for the corrections. now have you tried one of the two new triggers?

my tac con fire trigger arrived. will test it when i am off of work so hopefully tomorrow. bummer i don't have much 223 ammo. will post results if you would like

DrDr, please do. I know there are two companies with two different approaches to the matter. the initial msrp was so high I wondered how they would sell

My buddy is really into the "bump fire" stocks...both on an AR and 2 AK's. I have shot them both several times and found them not for me. They are great for firing a bunch of rounds down range but NOT so great for putting any of those rounds on target. He is single and spends the majority of his disposable income on el-cheapo ammo with the intention of burning them up in the (general) direction he is pointed in. Never served in the military, so I suppose this is as close as he can come to owning a full ammo with out dropping the dough on a real one.

I saw the videos for both trigger, maybe I mis-heard, they might have said it wasn't a bumpfire trigger. I just have seen vids and one had a 3 position safety with an extra mode that gave the ability to be almost semi auto, still pulling trigger each time you shoot. and like I said, first preorders were $495 from the posts they made on FB. i wondered how they would sell at that price point.

Tac-Con? 3MR Trigger System - YouTube

and like I said, first preorders were $495 from the posts they made on FB. i wondered how they would sell at that price point.

I'd say quite a few. I ordered one last week and my order number was 3604. I would imagine they sold quite a few after shot show as well. If I keep my place in line, I'm looking at May before I get it...

I'd say quite a few. I ordered one last week and my order number was 3604. I would imagine they sold quite a few after shot show as well. If I keep my place in line, I'm looking at May before I get it...

Mind telling us what it's like when it comes in?

Mind telling us what it's like when it comes in?

I'm quite sure there will be plenty of reviews floating around once they start shipping. I got in pretty late in the game. If the community is "review poor" when mine is in hand, I'll write up a little something.

My buddy is really into the "bump fire" stocks...both on an AR and 2 AK's. I have shot them both several times and found them not for me. They are great for firing a bunch of rounds down range but NOT so great for putting any of those rounds on target. He is single and spends the majority of his disposable income on el-cheapo ammo with the intention of burning them up in the (general) direction he is pointed in. Never served in the military, so I suppose this is as close as he can come to owning a full ammo with out dropping the dough on a real one.
That's funny. My friends used to call me spray and pray. When ammo was cheap.

Geissele SD-3G with the Black spring, plenty fast enough for me.

I'm using the same trigger. That with a fa bcg and a heavy buffer. I can bump like crazy without some stupid stock. Don't do it as much lately

There is no need for a "special trigger" to get quick shots off.

Here is a video of a Daniel Defense M4VI being fired simply with the *stock* relatively heavy trigger that they come with 6-7 pound weight.

Just learn to ride the reset and you can get off shots very rapidly.

That stock has absolutely no impact on the rate of fire. It is purely quick manipulation of the trigger making, effective use of the reset point.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

A agree that you don't need a special trigger for a quick sustained rate of fire, at least not for a short 7rd string. I do suspect that the Mako stock is assisting with the shooter in the above video for a sustained ROF mag dump, much like an Atchisson's or Slide-Fire.

Me, standing, BCM carbine. Stock trigger.

7rd CQM Drill BCM AR15 - YouTube

I do suspect that the Mako stock is assisting with the shooter in the above video for a sustained ROF mag dump, much like an Atchisson's or Slide-Fire./QUOTE]

I am the shooter in the video, and, again, the stock is contributing nothing at all

Last edited:
A agree that you don't need a special trigger for a quick sustained rate of fire, at least not for a short 7rd string. I do suspect that the Mako stock is assisting with the shooter in the above video for a sustained ROF mag dump, much like an Atchisson's or Slide-Fire.

Me, standing, BCM carbine. Stock trigger.

7rd CQM Drill BCM AR15 - YouTube

The reason you were able to get off seven shots that quickly is because you were dressed in full camo. When I wear my multicam gear, I go way faster too.

:)

Last edited:
Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. I will say that your trigger finger should be a registered machinegun component, if I were a freedom-hater, but since I prefer a society where even guys from Missouri can own detachable box magazine-fed semi-automatic weapons, I say continue on my friend!

I have the tac con fire control. Personally for the money... not worth it. It's a nice trigger overall. All it does in the full auto mode is assist in pushing the trigger out on the reset. So the reset is like a 1911. Save your money! I made the mistake of buying several...

Last edited:
I am the shooter in the video, and, again, the stock is contributing nothing at all

Amsdork is the bestest trigger puller in the history of ever. Video proof. Fuckin science bitches

I second waveslayer. It is overpriced but it does work. the trigger itself is very very nice and in its single stage setting it is a very nice crisp trigger pull, so I can't complain to much. The trigger does work but there is a LEARNING CURVE with using it. is it worth 500? in todays world it is what it is. SO i can't really say. I wish it was cheaper. to each his own

If I could do it over again I would try out the fostech sliding stock. I wonder what the fostech with the tac-con would be like? would it be doubly woubly fast or triple fast?....mmmmmm....... sounds expensive but fun.

thanks guys. how about the hyperfire? its getting a lot of use in 3gun with big names using it. hell everybody seems to be plugging it. anyone have one? which model are you running and how do you like it?

I have the E model Hyperfire . Its not the smoothest but not bad . The take up is a lot longer than I like . Ive tried the 2.5lbs springs and it didn't always reset but it may need some more time for it to settle in. The next stronger springs work great. With a little work I think I will really like this trigger . Kind of a cool concept. hope this helps .

I have the E model Hyperfire . Its not the smoothest but not bad . The take up is a lot longer than I like . Ive tried the 2.5lbs springs and it didn't always reset but it may need some more time for it to settle in. The next stronger springs work great. With a little work I think I will really like this trigger .

Read your post. FYI, the toggle springs shafts should be installed with the asymmetric cutout or step facing outboard. If either, or both of the shafts, are not, that will affect feel and other performance characteristics (when done right, the springs/shafts will be parallel). Some users have mistakenly assembled the springs because "real men don't read instructions." Your comment RE not resetting is very troubling. Perhaps the disconnector spring is not aligned w/ the pocket in the disconnector, which could freeze or limit the disconnectors motion. After about 20 cycles, the Parkerizing will be scuffed off of the the sears, you will notice an improvement in smoothness then and thereaafter as the surfaces self-polish.

Last edited:
Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. I will say that your trigger finger should be a registered machinegun component, if I were a freedom-hater, but since I prefer a society where even guys from Missouri can own detachable box magazine-fed semi-automatic weapons, I say continue on my friend!
ok very nice trigger work ...its trigger exorcise time for all slow fingers ......

nice Savages Dr Honeydew. if I am correct on the references

You are correct in your references, see attached photo of the full avatar. There will be a 3rd Savage in 6.5 SAUM joining the stable by late April.

On the subject of hyper speed triggers the Tac-Con looks cool, but not $500 cool. I think with some practice a Geissele SD-3G will get you to the same place at half the cost. At least that is the route I'm likey to take with my next AR-toy.

Kermit dissection.jpg

On the subject of hyper speed triggers the Tac-Con looks cool, but not $500 cool. I think with some practice a Geissele SD-3G will get you to the same place at half the cost. At least that is the route I'm likey to take with my next AR-toy.

I was able to bump fire my 6CM with the geiselle match trigger fairly easy.

Read your post. FYI, the toggle springs shafts should be installed with the asymmetric cutout or step facing outboard. If either, or both of the shafts, are not, that will affect feel and other performance characteristics (when done right, the springs/shafts will be parallel). Some users have mistakenly assembled the springs because "real men don't read instructions." Your comment RE not resetting is very troubling. Perhaps the disconnector spring is not aligned w/ the pocket in the disconnector, which could freeze or limit the disconnectors motion. After about 20 cycles, the Parkerizing will be scuffed off of the the sears, you will notice an improvement in smoothness then and thereaafter as the surfaces self-polish.

Hiperfire,
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd like to try one of your triggers but with so many great proven triggers already available I need a nudge.... Maybe a group buy or special SH pricing to help us commit?

My wife got an opportunity to try out one of these triggers this last week. She couldn't remember the manufacturer, but a gun dealer in western Nebraska (Ellsworth, Ne) put on a demonstration in the pasture behind his shop. I imagine it was Tac Con, based on the description and price that was quoted to her ($475).

She said she had a blast, but brought home a nicely sporterized Krag instead of the trigger. If they ever drop below 3 bills, I'd pick one up.

Hiperfire,
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd like to try one of your triggers but with so many great proven triggers already available I need a nudge.... Maybe a group buy or special SH pricing to help us commit?

I have one and my JP has less pre-travel. The JP broke instantly, the Hiperfire 24C does not. I never had any light strike issues with the JP either, so that kind of burns up the rest of what the 24C had going for it.

However, I do love the flat trigger. I run the 24C without the shoe and it's a lot easier to feel if I'm pressing straight back or if my finger is canted.