• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Anyone use USA Ammo?

shaneinhisroom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2011
Ohio
I'm not sure if I placed this in the correct section, so please move if necessary.

I am looking to buy some match/practice ammo and have been scouring the usual ammo sites. I've come across www.usaammo.com and saw that they have 175gr match .308 ammo. They don't say what kind of bullets but they do give the usual specs.

Has anyone tried this ammo? It's a little cheaper than Southwest and I may just go with Southwest but they also have very cheap 9mm and 5.56 remanufactured ammo so that I can save on shipping.

Appreciate it,
Thanks

Re: Anyone use USA Ammo?

I shot the loads while they were in development, helping out CKA who developed the loads for USA Ammo. I believe they are 175 SMK. I just ordered 600 for some standby match loads. They shot really well in all the guns that I saw testing the load.

I have also shot the 40 cal 180gr and 223 55 vmax loads, all of which performed well.

Give them a shot I think you will be very happy with the performance and they are very reasonably priced.

Thanks for your post; can you compare their match accuracy to any other match ammo? I'm interested to see how they fare, since their price is so low. I wonder if their QC is better on their match ammo.

They use Nosler Custom Competition bullets which are very similar to SMK bullets. Most rifles shoot 1MOA or better with the ammo.

Cool. Now it's a question of is it worth it to see if Southwest will shoot better for the money...