• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Aperture Sights Tikka T3

tikka6.5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Was thinking of buying a Swedish CG63 to try some shooting with aperture sights. But I got to thinking and wondered if I could just put some aperture sights on my Tikka T3 6.5x55? I know that the Tikka T3 I have is very accurate with a scope. Did a search and found this Tikka T3 6.5 HPR Project Build Australian High Power Rifle - Project - Tikka T3. This Tikka T3 6.5 HPR Project Build is just what I would like to have for my Tikka T3 6.5x55. This setup would save time and $$$ as I wont have to search and find a good condition surplus rifle.

Has anyone set up a Tikka T3 Lite with aperture sights? The Tikka T3 6.5 HPR Project Build used a Tikka T3, Varmint S/S so the barrel should be larger in diameter. Other than that, the rest of the components should be compatible with my T3 Lite.

Is there some other sights, other than listed in link, that I should consider?

I messed with a homemade peep sight on my oversized bore (.315") M91/30 and enjoy shooting it but accuracy is not the greatest with the size of the bore shooting .311/.312 bullets. Its hard to tell if its me or the rifle when I shoot groups with it. I have had many iron sight rifles in the past and sold them all as I couldn't see the front sight do to my vision in right eye. I saw 3 front sights. I just recently tried shooting left handed and WOW, I can see the front sight now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 2.13.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 2.13.44 PM.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 23