• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Applied Ballistics Mobile App

Yea I understand that. I'm waiting on a chrono. I guess im just so new to this that I expect that "instant gratification". I didnt have my range finder today to verify. I have been practicing ranging stuff. Its alot more precise than i thought it was going to be. Everything is magnified at longer ranges. Dont have anyone that I know locally that shoots long range so only have the you guys to ask. Thanks for the reply. But had a good time shooting today no less.

Yea I understand that. I'm waiting on a chrono. I guess im just so new to this that I expect that "instant gratification". I didnt have my range finder today to verify. I have been practicing ranging stuff. Its alot more precise than i thought it was going to be. Everything is magnified at longer ranges. Dont have anyone that I know locally that shoots long range so only have the you guys to ask. Thanks for the reply. But had a good time shooting today no less.

You're welcome. I'm still figuring all this shit out myself.

Get your chrono and a kestrel weather station for accurate atmospheric conditions. That will help a lot. Make sure all your settings are correct in the app also.

Good thing you had fun, that's what it's all about. It's not worth it if it stresses you out. That's what work is for.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I need help restoring my data to a new phone. I synced with the web site and only one rifle was recovered. Two others no go. Now I was meticulous about backing up after the old phone performed an automatic hard reset. That time I had to start from scratch, my fault.

Now I do keep written data but would like to do this the easy way. And what about the custom drag curves I purchased? Google Play lists this in my apps but once again no go on recovery.

I sent Chuck a pm on this subject several weeks ago but no replies received. Bryan, you listening?

I recently purchased a galaxy tab 3 to run AB and I am missing many of the features, specifically there is no access to the ballistic calibration, preferences and web sync. I don't really care about the web sync the ballistic call I really want but this ap is almost useless without being able to access the preferences. I noticed the app was updated on the 22. Has anyone else had problems with this app on a tablet or since the update?

Did you do the most recent update? Or I wonder if installing the app for the first time after the update is causing problems?I got some emails from chuck but we were unable to figure out the issue so he's forwarding it to "the app guy". Apparently there are supposed to be 3 little dots on the bottom corner that access the menu option and i dont have those. So at least initial response was good hopefully this can get figured out because it looks like a great app.
It's supposed to run the same as the nexus and its supposed to the same three dot menu, would you post a screen shot of what it aupposed to look like?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Mine is set to auto update. Got it.:mad:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-28-19-41-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-28-19-41-19.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Yes I was having problems posting the screenshot then after I got it to work I couldn't erase the angry face.

Well I have to give the applied ballistics guys credit. They figured out my problem and got me up and running very quickly. I'm impressed with the customer service. Turn out I'm a tech device dummy. My tablet has a menu button built on the device so the option go through that button and not the 3 dot menu screen others have. So again thank you to the applied ballistic staff and great customer service.
So for anyone else using a tab 3 use this button, on the bottom left of the pad itself

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hello,

I’m writing from Costa Rica Central America were long range shooting is picking up as a sport. I having a serious problem using applied ballistics, is seems that the firing solutions are not accurate that all. I have double check all data and all the inputs are correct in the app. None the less the point of impact is off by about 4/10 mils at 400 meters.

For example the app will output a solution that 400 meters of 2.2 mils but the rounds are hitting low all the time (all data is accurate: muzzle velocity , BC, BP ,temp, etc) , same happens with longer ranges.

On the other hand a friend using a very similar rifle a REM 700 XCR .308 with the same ammo and the firing solutions from applied ballistics are right on target.

It seems and always hitting low while my friend hits right on target inputting the same variables in to the app.
Its ready frustrating when you can’t trust the app, perhaps something is wrong that I’m not looking at.

I’m shooting a REM700 SPS Varmint .308 with a Vortex Razor HD 5x20 with Hornady 178grs Superformance BTHP.

Thanks

try doing a ladder test with your scope to see if you scope is dialing correctly. Also, I dial and also hold to make sure everything is "jiving".

I have a request, how about a 'Import/Export' option that writes preferences/profiles to local storage that I can move around. For the days when I want to sync up the tablet with the profiles on my phone but do not have internet/wifi capabilities where I am...

I mean I guess I could just root the phone and copy the db out, but it would be much nicer if it was just another option under 'Web Sync Profiles'...

-pd

Hello,

I’m writing from Costa Rica Central America were long range shooting is picking up as a sport. I having a serious problem using applied ballistics, is seems that the firing solutions are not accurate that all. I have double check all data and all the inputs are correct in the app. None the less the point of impact is off by about 4/10 mils at 400 meters.

For example the app will output a solution that 400 meters of 2.2 mils but the rounds are hitting low all the time (all data is accurate: muzzle velocity , BC, BP ,temp, etc) , same happens with longer ranges.

On the other hand a friend using a very similar rifle a REM 700 XCR .308 with the same ammo and the firing solutions from applied ballistics are right on target.

It seems and always hitting low while my friend hits right on target inputting the same variables in to the app.
Its ready frustrating when you can’t trust the app, perhaps something is wrong that I’m not looking at.

I’m shooting a REM700 SPS Varmint .308 with a Vortex Razor HD 5x20 with Hornady 178grs Superformance BTHP.

Thanks

Is your friend using your Ammo or the same ammo as you, and do you have it set up for spin Drift and Coriolis effect because depending which direction your shooting will effect these two vaiables,

and if all are correct then you might have a Scope/Rifle issue going On

John

pd,

Can you clarify how the NP-R1 reticle is different in your 3.5-15? Are you referring to the version of the reticle in a first focal plane scope (NP-RF1)? If this is the case, then you can use the existing NP-R1 reticle in the app and set the scope magnification preferences to 'first focal plane (FFP)' and it will work as a FFP reticle.

We want to accommodate all reticle requests. Doing so requires clarification sometimes because of all the various reticles combinations.

Thanks for your help,
-Bryan

Bryan,

I am referring to the SFP version of the 3.5-15 scope with the NP-R1. The 3.5-15 version of the NP-R1 has additional lines for elevation and windage as seen below:

Nightforce-NP-R1-Reticle-Compare.jpg

-pd

Little question.

How work the cutom drag curves(installed)

when i click in the custom drag curve choice, the page is white with nothing... and at the bottom they'r is DONE and PURCHASE.
When i click purchase it do nothing.

Bump for Apple / iPhone version, been waiting almost a year for this one!

Bryan, have you figured out a way to clone yourself? You know it would really help with all of the projects that you have going!

Thanks for all of the hard work, and sharing everything you have.

Bump for Apple / iPhone version, been waiting almost a year for this one!

Bryan, have you figured out a way to clone yourself? You know it would really help with all of the projects that you have going!

Thanks for all of the hard work, and sharing everything you have.
Love the APP, books and DVD instructional DVDs. All provide great information for all shooters.

Zak and Ray from TBACalso have been extremely helpful and responsive in answering suppressor questions.

Thanks to all!

Is there a way to flip the range card when I click trajectory so that 100yds is at the top and ranges increase towards the bottom? Thanks.

you could always buy a galaxy s3 on ebay for less that 200 bucks and just use it for a ballistics calculator. The horus setup I bought 5 or 6 years ago was around 500 dollars and this is a lot cheaper even if you had to buy the s3. if you already have an android phone it's a steal compared to what was available several years ago.

I Truely dont know why you guys bother with apple and iphones, BECAUSE APPLE like to dictatae what you can have and what you cant,
The Freedom Android gives you is much more personal and user frienly,Apple ought to realize that they are not that important and are just a private company thats all they are NOT a Governing Body,

sorry about the rant but I hate being told what I can and cant have,,

john

well. another point is that android covers 81% of the smartphone userbase. 12% is iphone. and then some others ...

so out of 10 persons, if you focus on android, you'll please 8, rather than a single one from apple. thus, you can get a factor of 8 more profit from focusing on android than iphone. but ... well. if you'd increase the price of the iphone app by a factor of 8 it would be on par again ... however I do have the feeling that this would not be well received.

thus, any delay in any iphone app should be ... understandable. at least from my point of view.

iphones started the smartphone war but they're losing it now. some of it is cost but a high end android phone will set you back as much as an iphone. this app works good on my galaxy s4 and as the android system matures there should be less problems with upgrades. apple locks things down so tight that it makes it harder for developers and that probably won't change. it's a lot better to buy a 30 dollar app that will work on the same platform for years than it's been in the past when we had to buy a "system" that included a device and an app that were married to each other. my 500 dollar solution is sitting in a drawer while I use my 30 dollar app on my phone, for me that's a lot better solution especially since the screen on my phone is a lot bigger than the screen on the ipaq was. I don't have to remember to keep a separate device charged up either.

I've been running this app on my Galaxy S3 for a few weeks and I have some critiques and requests.

Critiques:
When I use the "atmosphere from device" option it populates the field with an uncorrected absolute pressure. However, the calculation is run as a corrected pressure and it won't allow me to check the "pressure is absolute" box. This gives me an elevation correction that is off by a half mil at 600 yards.

I can select "atmosphere from device" to get the absolute pressure and then "stop atmosphere from device" which will allow me to check the "pressure is absolute" box. I can then run a calculation that matches my DOPE. However, if I go back to the atmospherics screen, the "atmosphere from device" option is automatically selected. Which means I have to open the option menu, reselect "stop atmosphere from device" and recheck the "pressure is absolute" box every time I go back to adjust my inputs.

Also, if I set up my scope as first focal plane, the reticle view tab under trajectory is not working/showing any correction info.

Requests:
I humbly request that you include the lead data in the reticle view tab, or at least make it an option. It would make things so much simpler for me and I would be eternally grateful.

I would like to be able to enter two wind speeds (max and average) so that I don't have to run two different calculations to get a wind bracket. Just to streamline the process.

Please consider adding the Bushnell G2 and BTR2 reticles to the list.

Thanks

I replaced my phone and can't figure out how to get another copy of the app and the custom drag models without paying for them again.

iPhone x3!

x3 at least! I need this on my iPhone. I ain't buyin a plastic crap phone to run this! :D Suck it, android users!

x3 at least! I need this on my iPhone. I ain't buyin a plastic crap phone to run this! :D Suck it, android users!

Im glad your happy with your iphone, But you will find just like these apps have taken a while to perfect this will become common practice as people prefer the freedom that the Android system gives

It's an App. The Iphone is the most sold smartphone in the world. Not making the App for the IOS platform is cutting of a huge percentage of the customer base.
just sayin

I could care less about a phone debate. My iPhone is quality and the others are simply not. If you enjoy your plastic phones, great. I'd just like to have this app on my iphone so I could use it. There are those who prefer cadillac and corvette and there are those who prefer BMW and Porsche. When another phone works as well as mine, I'll consider swapping. Until then the quality is high and the compatibility with my home computers is seamless. I've used PC's and PC products for years at work. They all fail sooner than later. Power supply's, blue screens, terrible user experience in all of them.

I could care less about a phone debate. My iPhone is quality and the others are simply not. If you enjoy your plastic phones, great. I'd just like to have this app on my iphone so I could use it. There are those who prefer cadillac and corvette and there are those who prefer BMW and Porsche. When another phone works as well as mine, I'll consider swapping. Until then the quality is high and the compatibility with my home computers is seamless. I've used PC's and PC products for years at work. They all fail sooner than later. Power supply's, blue screens, terrible user experience in all of them.

Yes, These two companies reminds of the product war between VHS and BETA back when Video Recorders first came out and VHS Won that one But the Truth was the BETA had a much better Resolution,

I think the issue with phones is that they have a locked system where apple get to say what you can and cant have, only time will tell.

Check your facts again, Android sells more smart phones than apple

Way more.

The Note 3 is awesome for these ballistic apps where they are being used outside. First off, if you are wearing gloves, or it is cold outside, you can use the stylus. Second, if you set the screen brightness to Auto, you get 660 cd/m2 in high ambient light, which is extremely bright. I can see my screen in the brightest in sunlight. The most obvious reason, the size of the screen makes it a lot easier to use in these conditions.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the Note 3 exhibits many advantages over the iPhone.

Last edited:
I thought I would share the AB Tactical version with you guys. Its a streamlined version that doesn't need connection to the internet, and comes with all the custom curves pre loaded. Heres a quick over view. I just wanted to share this with you guys, as another option that you have, should you choose to use it.

Here is the Main Screen, Setup Screen, and your weapon setup screen. Pretty straight forward (to bring up the range card you click one of the 3 variables up top.) Also on the setup screen you set your range card intervals.
Main_Screen.png
Setup.png
Weapon_Setup.png

Here is what your range cards look like.
Range_Card1.png
Range_Card2.png

Bullet Data, and Bullet Selection.
Bullet_Data.png
Bullet_Choices.png

Weather has 3 choices at the bottom. Pretty nice too. One uses the sensors on the phone (like galaxy s4, and s5 have full weather data on phone), one uses the internet and your location, and the other uses the kestrel. Having options is always good.
Weather.png

Target is pretty interesting too. You can self load the data, kestrel load the data, or you can just point your phone/tablet at the target, and select the variable you want to input. It takes the phones sensor data and uses that for the heading and inclination. You can also enter the target size if you select target.
Target.png

Part 2: This is the bullet calibration option. If you should need it, you can custom calibrate to your specific needs, and to correct for any little variations you might need to.
Ballistic_Calibration.png
Ballistic_Calibration2.png
Ballistic_Calibration3.png

So, is this the "truing" option? I'm using Shooter, and I really wish it had that feature.