• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ar-10 gun smith

Ammo dog 2311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2012
New york
I have a DPMS LR-308 I would like to get work done to. I would like to get some suggestions on a good gunsmith that I don't have to wait years for.
I would like to put a new barrel,trigger,bolt and carrier group. Not sure about a new buffer. I would like to get this build started ASAP.
Was going to send it to either JP or Kreiger, any thoughts on that ?

Re: Ar-10 gun smith

For what you want to do it would be a to cheaper just to do it yourself. All you would need is an armorers wrench an upper vice block and a few punches...buy a headspaced bolt where you buy your barrel and spend about two hours doing the work. I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass but AR's really are THAT easy to work on.

I understand where your coming from. I really don't have the want to start building guns yet. I have been a carpenter for 27 years and making furniture for the last 10. Just started a sales position. I just want to relax for a while. My creative juices are gone. Don't want to make anything right now. I have a entire wood working shop that sits idol right now and I am ok with that now......I would like someone to make something for ME now.
My gun smith does not work on AR's. he is finishing a 300 win mag build for me and have started the plans for a 338 lapua build as soon as the 300 is done.
Want to do this build while the bolt guns are being born.

It fired every time I pressed the trigger and the groups weren't too shabby. It was a buddies rifle that he sent there for some work. I don't have any experience with 'their' rifles. Hope this helps