• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AR mount options

LRDD

Minuteman
Nov 5, 2007
Freeort Florida
I just got my first gas gun in 308 and I want to put some glass on it. I need 20 MOA built in to what ever I get so what are the advantages/disadvantages to a mount like the nightforce unimount or going with a Badger riser with Badger rings? I have plenty of rail so space on the gun is not an issue.

I actually like the American defense mount for a QD mount. If you don't need a QD model, the NF unimount is a great option.

I purchased a riser for flexibility…moving my scopes around without having to remount them (ar to precision etc)

I'd normally say larue, but I think I am over them. I think adm is the way to go. Great mounts

I would go with the cantilever. They have the exact one you are looking for on that site in stock.

AR mount options

What the hell are those things made of, kryptonite/Gold composite?

GDI mounts are solid and the best option for a QD mount. I upgraded from an ADM and let me tell you, the GDI is in a league of its own. There's no other QD mount on the market that's built as well as the GDI and it can easily be seen when you hold one in your hand.

If an ADM is all you can afford then it will suit you well but if you can afford a GDI, you should spend the extra and get it. You can thank me later as several others have.

Last edited:
Youre nothing short of mentally retarded if you think the Bobro is better than a GDI, says anyone who's used both.

For non-QD, it doesn't get any better than Spuhr.

The GDI costs far more money yet offers no advantage over the Bobro.

Same with the Spuhr vs. AADMount, and I own both.

As for mental acuity,if you want to challenge my intelligence, bring it.

Joe

Last edited:
You're nothing short of mentally retarded...

Really? Kind of ironic after reading your signature.
This site is full of you super pricks with big mouths hiding behind a computer screen.

Who knew it was a self description. This is why I seldom get involved in conversations on this site. Every thread eventually turns into a who has the bigger dick contest. When the truth is the man with the bigger dick rarely feels the need to tell anyone.

All that being said, I've never had my hands on a GDI, but I have a hard time believing something is worth that much when I can buy something for less than half the price that'll meet all of my personal requirements for a mount.

I'm a big believer in buy once cry once, so who knows maybe they do something the others don't.

The GDI costs far more money yet offers no advantage over the Bobro.

As for mental acuity,if you want to challenge my intelligence, bring it.

Joe

You've obviously never handled or used one or you'd think differently. I will never understand why someone would use a single lever locking mechanism on anything that accuracy really matters. Will it hold zero? Sure, but for how long and under what conditions of being used and abused?

GDI locking mechanism —

Bobro locking mechanism —

I have no need to challenge your intelligence because you've already proven it with your reply in reference to GDI and Bobro.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Really? Kind of ironic after reading your signature.

Who knew it was a self description. This is why I seldom get involved in conversations on this site. Every thread eventually turns into a who has the bigger dick contest. When the truth is the man with the bigger dick rarely feels the need to tell anyone.

All that being said, I've never had my hands on a GDI, but I have a hard time believing something is worth that much when I can buy something for less than half the price that'll meet all of my personal requirements for a mount.

I'm a big believer in buy once cry once, so who knows maybe they do something the others don't.

I have little tolerance for misinformation so if that makes me a dickhead then that's a title I'll wear with pride. All I'm saying is...there IS a difference, a noticeable one and more than the price alone, when it comes to comparing mounts regardless of brand. For QD I say GDI, Alamo 4-Star, and ADM. For non-QD I say Spuhr, Aadland, USO, and NightForce.

As far as my dick size, it always looks like I just got out of the pool on a cold winter day so if you think you can beat that...bring it! LoL

Last edited:
You've obviously never handled or used one or you'd think differently. I will never understand why someone would use a single lever locking mechanism on anything that accuracy really matters. Will it hold zero? Sure, but for how long and under what conditions of being used and abused?

GDI locking mechanism —

Bobro locking mechanism —

I have no need to challenge your intelligence because you've already proven it with your reply in reference to GDI and Bobro.

You've offered nothing to support your assertion that the GDI is a better mount than the Bobro.
Please elaborate on the superiority of the GDI clamping mechanism over that of the Bobro (it's a clamp, not a lock, dipshit).
I'll be happy to expose the weaknesses in your argument for all to see.
Stick to something you're good at, like overpaying for products with no benefit over the competition like your POF.

Joe

I have little tolerance for misinformation so if that makes me a dickhead then that's a title I'll wear with pride. All I'm saying is...there IS a difference, a noticeable one and more than the price alone, when it comes to comparing mounts regardless of brand. For QD I say GDI, Alamo 4-Star, and ADM. For non-QD I say Spuhr, Aadland, USO, and NightForce.

As far as my dick size, it always looks like I just got out of the pool on a cold winter day so if you think you can beat that...bring it! LoL

LMAO. Thanks for the picture from underneath. I see a significant advantage there over other qds on the market, and if someone wants to send me one I'd be happy to confirm that advantage for everyone! HAHA

I still don't see how they justify their asking price, though. However, if the market will support that price tag more power to them.

You've offered nothing to support your assertion that the GDI is a better mount than the Bobro.

Please elaborate on the superiority of the GDI clamping mechanism over that of the Bobro (it's a clamp, not a lock, dipshit).

I'll be happy to expose the weaknesses in your argument for all to see.

Stick to something you're good at, like overpaying for products with no benefit over the competition like your POF.

Joe

You'll be happy to expose me? It's already painfully obvious that you haven't a clue of what you're talking about. It's a clamp and it locks in position, does it not? Well, the GDI does anyway. Secondly, what makes one mount superior over the other is not only the clamp/locking mechanism but also the amount of bearing surface the mount has. If you weren't a moron then you'd know this already. The Bobro clamps onto the rail with nowhere near the amount of surface as the GDI and other mounts yet people who don't know shit, such as yourself, still hail them just like they do Larue mounts.

As for POF being overpriced, I'd hardly consider $2500 being overpriced when it's every bit as accurate and moreso than the higher priced competition. But keep telling yourself that there's no benefit so you'll feel better about owning an inferior product.

Now, what was that you were saying about exposing me? You've exposed nothing but your own stupidity.

Lookie

ERA-TAC one-piece mounts

Great mounts, rings, block mounts, cantilever, extended (AR..), 0 MOA, 10 MOA (one Model only) 20 MOA, adjustable cant in 10 MOA steps.......

Example: 34mm block mount, 2'' extension, 20 MOA cant, 20mm high, QD levers: 285€

Downside for you, good for me: It is a German company

If you have have a true monolithic rail, and are not running buis with the intention of using them in a time pressure situation where the scope must be removed in a hurry then 1) you do not need an offset/cantilever mount, and 2) you do not need a quick detachment setup. That said, the Badger riser and your choice of rings is a great way to go. If you need an offset, then take a look at JP Rifles offerings as they are fantastic and fairly priced and dispense with the unnecessary qd gear.

The only claimed benefit of a one piece mount when cantilever not needed is swapping optics...which can easily be accomplished with rings. QD is for true operators...and mall ninjas.

Thanks for all the replys guys. I could really give a shit about the mount being qd. Truth be told I would like a bolt on mount as the scope is going to stay on this rifle. Seems I don't have a lot of options for bolt on mounts with 20 moa built in. As. I said qd means shit to me so would a riser and rings not be a better option than a mount?

If you don't want qd, I'd suggest going with as few moving parts as possible. Less parts to break or be out of spec. Personally, I'd go with the AADMount if I was you. Built in level and half the price of the sphur.

You'll be happy to expose me? It's already painfully obvious that you haven't a clue of what you're talking about. It's a clamp and it locks in position, does it not? Well, the GDI does anyway. Secondly, what makes one mount superior over the other is not only the clamp/locking mechanism but also the amount of bearing surface the mount has. If you weren't a moron then you'd know this already. The Bobro clamps onto the rail with nowhere near the amount of surface as the GDI and other mounts yet people who don't know shit, such as yourself, still hail them just like they do Larue mounts.

As for POF being overpriced, I'd hardly consider $2500 being overpriced when it's every bit as accurate and moreso than the higher priced competition. But keep telling yourself that there's no benefit so you'll feel better about owning an inferior product.

Now, what was that you were saying about exposing me? You've exposed nothing but your own stupidity.

Not even close.
All scope mounts have a clamp, and only some have a lock.
The 2 mechanisms are independent of one another.

As for how much bearing surface is appropriate, enough to avoid compressive forces given the materials involved is enough, a little more is appropriate (to account for variation), and too much is worthless; adds weight and cost and increases the likelihood of introduction of error such as introduction of foreign matter between the mating surfaces.

Exactly how much experience do you have with design, materials, measuring, repeatability, etc., anyway?
I have decades of experience in all of them... machine shop, tool & die, Injection mold design, machine design, CAD/CAM, CNC manufacturing, etc.
I've built hundreds if not thousands of fixtures for precision location of parts, and I can say with 100% assurance that the Bobro mount has all the elements required for repeatability.

Don't worry about it, though, the world needs ditch diggers, too.

Joe

I have looked at Bobro but have not found a 20 MOA mount from them. Everyone seems to be back ordered on the AD-recon 20 moa mount, no like finding them in stock. I really really like the Aadmount, but their 20 moa mount is also on back order. Looks like I am gonna get stuck with a Nightforce unimount or a 20 moa riser and rings if I want something now.

Might be worth a try to email Jon @ Aadland to see what the wait will be.

Buy a used Nightforce for $125 and spend the extra money you would be spending on a mount for better glass.

I did talk to Jon and he said at least a few weeks before he had some back in stock but he did have some with minnor blemishes that he could ship out ASAP.

LRDD, you may want to try SWFA. They show a 1" Extended and 30mm Extended Bobro mount with 20MOA built in on their web site. You should probably give them a call to confirm stock as I do not believe their inventory is live. Good luck!

Not trying to get in the middle of the fight currently going on here; but Bobro has been making mounts with two BLAC levers and 20 MOA cant for at least a year now I believe. My company rec'd the second batch of these after Andrew filled an order from a major optics player (I don't have permission to give the name). It was also on these Gen 2 mounts when he started putting the ring mount nuts on top. Initially he was putting the BLAC levers on the shooters right to indicate it was a canted set along with a small dot on the forward ring bottom if the buyer had requested levers on left with cant. He has now transitioned all mounts to levers on shooters left and still has Zero and 20 MOA canted mounts. For any other info, I'm sure Andrew would be happy to talk or email with you directly.

Thanks for all the help guys, Jon at Aadamount hooked me up with one of his mounts so all is well now.

I got a GDI mount and a Bobro mount sitting next to me in my drawer. The only thing superior about the GDI is the inflated price that they charge. They are both nice mounts but the GDI is no way worth almost $200 more than the Bobro.
FWIW I prefer Larue mounts because they have always worked for me and they have way less complex locking mechanisms.

Guys always fan boy the shit they have bought with really no experience with other options, or basic static use on a range. If you aren't using the rifle for work overseas, or some other scenario where taking the optic off post haste could be needed, stick with a non-QD. Any reputable ring maker will have something for you. For QD mounts, repeat ability is king. I've used Larue and GDI, and had a buddy use an ADM on multiple deployments to Astan and Iraq. All three will get the job done. I never had a zero issue with running the Larue or GDI. Zero was checked probably once a month or before larger long missions. My buddy who was running an ADM, never had an issue either. Price doesn't always necessitate a better, more durable product. There is a point of diminishing returns with everything out there. Never used a Bobro, so I can't speak to their quality. Oh, and fuck A.R.M.S. rings.

The only claimed benefit of a one piece mount when cantilever not needed is swapping optics...which can easily be accomplished with rings. QD is for true operators...and mall ninjas.

Not true. QD is helpful in saving money by using one optic across multiple platforms. I went to a QD setup for my bipods a long time ago and I own two bipods: a Harris and an Atlas for 4 guns that are set up to take them. And I can choose when I want to use which bipod. Same with scopes. I hate taking out the torque wrench and going through the tedious process of leveling scopes using whichever method... feeler gauge, hanging line with bubble level... it sucks. Get a QD and I can use the scope I feel like on the rifle I feel like. AND come out cheaper on the other end.

Not true. QD is helpful in saving money by using one optic across multiple platforms. I went to a QD setup for my bipods a long time ago and I own two bipods: a Harris and an Atlas for 4 guns that are set up to take them. And I can choose when I want to use which bipod. Same with scopes. I hate taking out the torque wrench and going through the tedious process of leveling scopes using whichever method... feeler gauge, hanging line with bubble level... it sucks. Get a QD and I can use the scope I feel like on the rifle I feel like. AND come out cheaper on the other end.

And you can do the exact same thing without qd. Just because one wants to use a one piece mount to switch one optic across multiple rifles does not require qd. Helpful hint...if killshot likes your post, you probably said something stupid.

And you can do the exact same thing without qd. Just because one wants to use a one piece mount to switch one optic across multiple rifles does not require qd. Helpful hint...if killshot likes your post, you probably said something stupid.

Maybe I forgot to mention what a pain in the ass it is to to switch scopes around getting the right torque specs? QD is just easier. I can also just switch Harris Bipods from rifle to rifle using the sling stud connection... nobody does that. It is a pain in the ass. That is why most people put a Harris on each rifle. I solve all of that by mounting a bit of pic rail to the bottom of every rifle.

QD is just easier.

And BTW... no need to be a prick. I mean it is Christmas and all. I didn't mean to offend you with my post. I was just pointing out that QD is nice because it is easy. You don't have to be an operator or a douchebag to want to save time. You can also be a small business owner who needs to get to the range, set up, shoot, and break down quickly during an extended lunch break.

Take a look at Spuhr mounts, it's rock solid
SP-3616 - 30mm Cantilever Mount 6MIL/20.6MOA - 1.46"

This is what I have in 34mm. I am on my 2nd Spuhr mount. Will buy at least 1 more this year and more after that for all the projects I am working on. IMO these are the best mounts out there. If you follow Hakan Spuhr on either FB or IG you will see him post pictures all the time. He is extremely innovative and knows exactly what he is doing.

I really shouldn't even give you the satisfaction of getting a response but nevertheless....

I agreed with him on the fact that I have no desire to spend thousands upon thousands for multiple optics when a good QD mount will allow the shooter to move the optic between rifles. I agree that a good, non-QD setup will yield the same results but like the other guy said, and I agree, I have no interest in using a wrench every time when wanting or needing to remove my optic.

The idea that if I "like" a persons comment then it must be stupid only further proves that you're a trolling jackass.

Last edited:
I own two larue scope mounts, bipod mount and light mount. All are rock solid quality products. They do what they are designed to do. Would recommend 100%.

Take a look at the Badger Unimount. I recently bought one from a member here and am very pleased with it.