• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AR15 Stock Pack Question

Matt3357

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2011
St. Louis Metro East
I am looking for a stock pack for my AR15 with the A2 stock that will hold a 20 round magpul mag. I have the Tactical Works stock pack for my 308 Savage 10FP and love the padded cheek weld, pouch, and ammo loops. I am looking at the Triad Tactical standard stock pack with the internal loops as a possible option. Anyone have one that can either give me the pouch dims or check a 20 round AR mag to see if it fits?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: AR15 Stock Pack Question

A twenty round mag will fit in a Triad Large Stock Pack. I'll confirm on the standard size in the morning.

BTW, I'm hoping this post sill suffice as a reply to your email, phone message, PM, and this thread......

Overkill works!!

Hey Matt,
I put one on my A2 just last night and had issues with the charging handle hitting the pack. My set up doesn't have enough clearance
Bob

Yes that will suffice. I didn't call you though...I just thought about it. haha

I didn't even realize you were on here until I did a search for the answer. I pm'd when I saw you were on...after I emailed the site, started this thread, and thought about calling the site. My momma always said something about me not having any patience...

Thanks for the reply and I look forward to hearing about the standard pack. That is the one I want if a 20 rounder fits in the pocket.

Thanks,
Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 41Mag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Matt,
I put one on my A2 just last night and had issues with the charging handle hitting the pack. My set up doesn't have enough clearance
Bob </div></div>

I had to custom modify mine in order to clear....busting out the ol' sewing kit.

The Triad Stock Packs with either internal or external shells loops will hold a 20 round 5.56 mag (30 round as well).

As noted above you need to check the clearance on your charging handle. The Stock Packs take up about 7 3/4" of the comb.