• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Coup de Grace Builds

I'm at between 200- 400ft elevation. Next question, barrel length? 28" vs 26"?

I'm at between 200- 400ft elevation. Next question, barrel length? 28" vs 26"?
If you plan to run nothing but heavies, shoot in the winter at low elevation, I'd run the 7tw, and go 28", the velocity nodes for accuracy in my 28" barrels have been the same as my friends' 26" pipes, I just run it at lower psi, I like 28". As a reference, my lady also shoots a 6gt, 26" 7tw hawkhill marksman contour 237 bore. It shoots the best with 107smk at 2910-2920, also very well down around 2830.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Rigged up for the hog killing fields.

Stock required bolt release and rear trigger hanger screw fitment. The 6mm ARC MDT mag required a little clearance and feed lip work in order to seat deep enough without bolt interference.

IMG_3519.jpg

Stock required bolt release and rear trigger hanger screw fitment. The 6mm ARC MDT mag required a little clearance and feed lip work in order to seat deep enough without bolt interference.

View attachment 8172547
Holy crap that ejection port cut! I have a couple CDG getting barreled at the moment. They're gonna be in a chassis, but I never realized it was that much longer than standard rem700 inlet. Good looking rig!

@SkyScrapin you're saying the manners mini chassis is a no go fitment unless modified I take it?

Last edited:
Holy crap that ejection port cut! I have a couple CDG getting barreled at the moment. They're gonna be in a chassis, but I never realized it was that much longer than standard rem700 inlet. Good looking rig!
Think It'll fit a 7PRC?

@SkyScrapin you're saying the manners mini chassis is a no go fitment unless modified I take it?

It definitely not made to fit if you order for a Rem 700.

You can go onto Manners stock builder and mention the action type and they will cut it to fit. I have one coming thats "right" but wanted to tinker during the interim.

I can see one potential hitch being the 6mm ARC MDT mags tho, unless they offer a longer mag release. Haven't investigated that with Manners yet.

View attachment 8172547
Well shit, thats a bummer. How much modifying did you have to do for the bolt release and trigger hanger? I have a CS2 waiting for my barreled action to get back. Did you have to get the milling machine out or was it just a slight mod?

Threw an old 26” M24 6.5CM barrel from PVA on for the pic, but it will eventually be a 28” Bartlien full bull in 6BR.
Triggertech Diamond 2 stage.
AW mags with HRD kits.
Atlas Super Cal.
IMG_6225.jpeg

That's a little dandy!
Thanks! The 103s are deadly in the 6ARC. The CDG did great with all the dust and muck. I’m searching for failure which I think will be the TT trigger before the action. Either way, it’s so incredibly easy to take apart, when it fails in the field, I’ll have it up and running in minutes.

IMG_3541.jpeg

Thanks! The 103s are deadly in the 6ARC. The CDG did great with all the dust and muck. I’m searching for failure which I think will be the TT trigger before the action.
Does yours actually CRF or is it more like push feed? I’m not grabbing the ARC case from the magazine reliably if at all when hand cycling.

Does yours actually CRF or is it more like push feed? I’m not grabbing the ARC case from the magazine reliably if at all when hand cycling.
I don't think any CRFs really grab from the magazine. The benefit comes when the case is extracted and prevents short stroking and double feed under pressure.

I don't think any CRFs really grab from the magazine. The benefit comes when the case is extracted and prevents short stroking and double feed under pressure.
I know that using arc aics mags with an origin, Tl3, or archimedes, I can stop mid load on a short stroke and 90% the time if I pull the bolt back, it'll eject the case. So I believe it's crf the round under the extractor. This is with creed and gt cases. The arc mags release the round up ealeir than regular aics as they're designed for crf function out the box, this may be a big player in the success I've had.
Shorter stuff like an ARC or br variants I'm sure it becomes less consistent. I do know zermatt sells push feed 223 bolt faces as the 223 rounds rarely ever crf.

Edit: just ran 10 65cm through the CDG with AW, if you got with a 50% short stroke and attempt to eject, it won't be under the extractor, but looks like at about 75% forward stroke and then pull bolt back, it was successful ejecting a loaded round.

Last edited:
^ my TL3 in .223 was push feed so I sorta expected this from CDG in 6mm ARC, but wondering if someone else had more success.

I know that using arc aics mags with an origin, Tl3, or archimedes, I can stop mid load on a short stroke and 90% the time if I pull the bolt back, it'll eject the case. So I believe it's crf the round under the extractor. This is with creed and gt cases. The arc mags release the round up ealeir than regular aics as they're designed for crf function out the box, this may be a big player in the success I've had.
Shorter stuff like an ARC or br variants I'm sure it becomes less consistent. I do know zermatt sells push feed 223 bolt faces as the 223 rounds rarely ever crf.

Edit: just ran 10 65cm through the CDG with AW, if you got with a 50% short stroke and attempt to eject, it won't be under the extractor, but looks like at about 75% forward stroke and then pull bolt back, it was successful ejecting a loaded round.
I see most CRFs extractors grab hold as the round angles on the feed ramp. The natural "binding" of the feeding angle. With no feed ramp in the CDG, this could delay the extractor from grabbing hold until the bolt is rotating closed.

Reactions: lash

Feels like a push feed. I honestly paid it no attention until you asked.

I took the hide famous 7-axis dremel to an MDT mag to get it to fully seat and feed. When the CDG Manner's inlet stock finally arrives, I'm hoping factory MDT 12rd mags will fit properly.

Reactions: TheOE800
I see most CRFs extractors grab hold as the round angles on the feed ramp. The natural "binding" of the feeding angle. With no feed ramp in the CDG, this could delay the extractor from grabbing hold until the bolt is rotating closed.

When I was zero'ing my CDG 6mm ARC, I was single feeding, and not from the magazine. Pop round in the open port, wherever it landed it landed, and it fed perfectly.

To be clear I have no feeding issues, just curious if the few of us running 6mm ARC are all seeing the same feeding behavior. FWIW the 6mm ARC 10rd fit and fed fine in my MDT chassis.

I don't have a Mausingfield, which has the most traditional Mauser style extraction, but what you're describing is typical of Nucleus and Archimedes, especially if run slowly. Ted commented on the phenomenon a while back saying, "it was never meant to be run that slow..."

When I was zero'ing my CDG 6mm ARC, I was single feeding, and not from the magazine. Pop round in the open port, wherever it landed it landed, and it fed perfectly.
I don't contest at all it fed smoothly. The notion that rounds pop out of the magazine and under the extractor of a CRF action is something I've yet to see be a reality in any CRF actions and I find it a misnomer. They quasi push feed.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
I don't contest at all it fed smoothly. The notion that rounds pop out of the magazine and under the extractor of a CRF action is something I've yet to see be a reality in any CRF actions and I find it a misnomer. They quasi push feed.
So I guess I am in error and should restate. When does a CRF action take control of the round then? Does the CDG feed that way? Does the CDG feed that way using AR15 mag length cartridges?

Sometimes, it doesn’t happen until the round is in the chamber, but should always be before bolt close.

Reactions: FredHammer
The benefit of CRF is on the extraction. That is where the case is controlled out of the chamber and ejects at the back of the stroke.

Reactions: padfoot 37
has anyone built one on a MDT XRS yet? I was looking at the bravo but I really don't want to have to modify the chassis to fit. I'm hoping its essentially the same inlet with all the MDT's and it would work the same as the HNT26, which look awesome by the way.
Mine is in an xrs. Fit right up with no mods.

Reactions: BenW and Bobinmi
The CRF is cool but the mechanical ejector is what separates it for me. I really can't see myself buying any action without it going forward.
The mechanical ejector will throw brass into next week. I have to remind myself to slow down so it doesn't launch it. This action is so smooth I'm having to relearn how to operate with it, no big clanking noise when the bolt hits the end of travel. A couple of people questioned if I would really like the flexing bolt handle, I love it.

Dropped the 1.25 straight cdg 6bra into my atx chassis. The nv bridge rubs the barrel, so dropped it into a xlr envy pro. My other cdg with a heavy comp 65cm barrel is sitting in the atx chassis now. I won't be able to get to the range till Sunday, but I do like em. I have a acc elite here I'll test the fitment into as well.

Mine is in an xrs. Fit right up with no mods.
Awesome. Guess I might as well get that and barrels ordered this week while I wait. If anyone else was planning on their CDG being a switch barrel would you go with a remage style barrel or a shouldered prefit. The barrel swap will only take place before and after hunting season each year.

Awesome. Guess I might as well get that and barrels ordered this week while I wait. If anyone else was planning on their CDG being a switch barrel would you go with a remage style barrel or a shouldered prefit. The barrel swap will only take place before and after hunting season each year.
Remage is a joke. When an action holds proper headspace in manufacturing, there no reason to do anything but shouldered.

Pretty sure my friend @GBMaryland has put a CDG BA into an ACC Elite without issue regarding fitment.
Correct.

Works just fine... the only thing I needed to do was add a washer to the rear action screw as it will stick through the action to much otherwise.

Literally grabbed the proper sized stainless slip-washer and it worked like a champ.

Shoulder no question. Barrel nut is not worth it. Unless you can get a free one or damn close to it. Then id rocksett the nut on the barrel after headspacing it once. Too many good places to get shoulder prefits nowdays

Pretty sure my friend @GBMaryland has put a CDG BA into an ACC Elite without issue regarding fitment.
Into both the XRS and ACC Elite without issue, I thought I reported back.

Correct.

Works just fine... the only thing I needed to do was add a washer to the rear action screw as it will stick through the action to much otherwise.

Literally grabbed the proper sized stainless slip-washer and it worked like a champ.
Yep, no washer up front and preferably a slightly thinner washer than MDT supplies in the rear or just a bit of shaving the rear screw down.

Thrown together for pics and to play with a bit but not torqued yet. Aw mags clicked in no problem. Krg wiskey 3 comp, tt special, pva 6.5creedmoor barrel and thunderbeast cb break. Have a bushnell xrs3 to put ontop once i get some rings and get everything torqued. So amazing. First custom action but im blown away.
20230707_203336.jpg
20230707_203242.jpg
20230707_203357.jpg
20230707_203349.jpg

Here is my build:

CDG fixed bolt handle
26” PVA 6BRA
TT diamond
MPA Matrix Pro w/ anodizing from outlaw
Leupold MK5 in a badger one piece mount
How does it feed with the bra rounds stuffed all the way to the back with no hrd kit? Just looked at ur mag and that appears to be your format.

How does it feed with the bra rounds stuffed all the way to the back with no hrd kit? Just looked at ur mag and that appears to be your format.
Yea so the HRD kit wouldn’t feed at all, the first round would clear the lips but wouldn’t get picked up by the bolt, and would settle below the bolt face. That caused the next round in the mag to nose dive. So I took the kit out and ran a standard mag. If they are all back as far as they would go and you run the bolt quick I was probably about 75%. Still got nose dives some times but much much better than the HrD. I polished the feed lips on the mag last night and I’m going to try the HRD again, but right now running it fast with a standard AW has worked the best

Reactions: 4O6shootist
I have my HRD AW mags feeding 6BR into a Nucleus 6.5 Creed barrel (no cone) right now.

I’ve been running 22BRA with hrd kit in aw mags.Can run bolt fast or slow and feeds 100%.I had to tune mags some.Closed feedlips some.About .010 on both front and rear

Reactions: st1650 and lash
Honestly I’m tempted to just throw my Arch 6.5 creed in without the cone barrel, I bet you it feeds just fine with AWs

Honestly I’m tempted to just throw my Arch 6.5 creed in without the cone barrel, I bet you it feeds just fine with AWs
From what we’re seeing here, it wouldn’t surprise me. The AW does present the round a bit higher than the AICS in an AW cut action.

From what we’re seeing here, it wouldn’t surprise me. The AW does present the round a bit higher than the AICS in an AW cut action.
I’ll try it Wednesday. I was overseas all summer, just going home for a week to play with it and then back to work. My action has been waiting in its box for a couple of weeks now.