• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are the FN SPR enthusiasts extinct?

I really like mine. 5-30x. What are your thoughts on it?

Mine is a Gen2 4-24x50. I like it a lot so far. I’m thinking if trading up to a Razor simply to align my reticles across all platforms (using a SE 5-25x56 w/ EBR-7C on my .22), but it’s a solid piece of glass.

Turrets are a little softer than I like, but I haven't done the o-ring mod yet, so that should help. The reticle is really good, though I agree with Ilya’s assessment that having full and half mils on the lines and .2 in the tree is a little mixed up. That being said, the EBR-2C was the same way. It works wonderfully, just isn’t as uniform as the EBR-7C. LevelPlex is useful, glass is really crisp, it’s compact, and it was priced right. I don’t think I’ll ever need more than 24x. I’m quite pleased. Aside from trying to unify my reticles, I don’t have any other reason I’d get rid of it, to be honest.

Reactions: Master Gunny
Another Sig here on my SPR...

IMG_20200424_045428_341.jpg

Hey guys have a factory bottom metal from my spr with mag in the px if anyone may need one.

I have a Hogue stock brand new in OD if anyone is interested. Don’t know what it’s worth. It came from Midwest. For FN SPR

I used my A3G for a monthly long range match until COVID-19 hit. MOA targets from 560 yards out to 1,100. And the M*carbo spring is the shit. Mines at 1.5 pounds and has never failed a drop test. And I’ve dropped it hard enough to worry about damaging it

02524791-83DF-4C06-AB95-C9604D36E1BB.jpeg

C6ABCEB3-AB85-43D7-A807-745F8E46757A.jpeg

64B1EE76-4D52-44F7-95C2-6D572C11A0B6.jpeg

A401E994-6B59-4E84-A526-72508185F50A.jpeg

The last pic shows the target bay at 1,100 yards. The competition targets are the small blue and orange squares on each side of the larger round targets. There roughly 1 MOA, about 11” tall and wide.

Last edited:
I used my A3G for a monthly long range match until COVID-19 hit. MOA targets from 560 yards out to 1,100. And the M*carbo spring is the shit. Mines at 1.5 pounds and has never failed a drop test. And I’ve dropped it hard enough to worry about damaging it

View attachment 7339361
View attachment 7339362
View attachment 7339363
View attachment 7339364
The last pic shows the target bay at 1,100 yards. The competition targets are the small blue and orange squares on each side of the larger round targets. There roughly 1 MOA, about 11” tall and wide.

I hear ya! Mine is at 1.5 pounds as well with the MCARBO spring. So very nice.
Awesome pic btw

I went on the hunt for some 10 rnd FN TBM mags, and I think FN has even discontinued production of them per their website.

Hopefully Chad @LRI can come up with a DBM solution for the crowd.

And maybe, just maybe, FN pulls their head out and releases an updated version, or sells whatever is left for a good price.
Midwestgunworks still has the 10 round mags for sale. I think they are around $55

Reactions: rgv
Way back when I managed to pick up a barreled action from CDNN for around $400. This was the PBR/SPR version with a floorplate. I had the bolt bushed and then turned it into a 6.5x47. It's been a great rifle.

I've also got a FN SPR A2 with the McMillan A4 stock from Tactical Coordination sitting in the back of the safe collecting dust. I need to either get serious about shooting it more, or get serious about selling it and funding a M24 instead.

Way back when I managed to pick up a barreled action from CDNN for around $400. This was the PBR/SPR version with a floorplate. I had the bolt bushed and then turned it into a 6.5x47. It's been a great rifle.

I've also got a FN SPR A2 with the McMillan A4 stock from Tactical Coordination sitting in the back of the safe collecting dust. I need to either get serious about shooting it more, or get serious about selling it and funding a M24 instead.

Haha thanks guys. I feel like a little kid with a new toy now. I can't wait for tomorrow to get here so I can take her out and see the sun shine on the new paint!

AIAT is long gone. Thats what I was saying, I miss both, but something about the FN was special. Not that the AT ain’t an awesome rifle.

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
I love my fn, great shooting rifle. Just need to figure out the feeding issue on the last round. I know the intel isn’t correct, may just send it off to LRI and have him work some magic on it.

Yep, the 5 round mag isn’t as bad. I pulled the mag and stretched the spring in the 10 round. It helped a little.
Have heard some people have issues with the 10-round mag spring. May be worth buying a new mag spring from MGW and seeing if it makes a difference. They’re $15, cheaper than a trip to the gunsmith:

Have heard some people have issues with the 10-round mag spring. May be worth buying a new mag spring from MGW and seeing if it makes a difference. They’re $15, cheaper than a trip to the gunsmith:
I will have to order one and give it a try. If that don’t work, I will just stick to the 5 round mag until I can send it off.

I've shot mine quite a bit, loves the 168gr but not the 175's, been wanting to get it threaded but hate to take the chance of screwing something up.

So the issue with the TBM 10-rounders is they don’t lift the last round enough to feed? Just curious, I’m trying to stock up on mags before they disappear completely, and I’ve been looking for 10rnds specifically for matches. If they don’t feed well, maybe I’d do better to stock up on the 5rnd and just get my mag changes down pat...

I haven't had any issues with mine, I think the word is some people might have though. If it was a problem that someone was having seems like it would be pretty easy to fix or you could get the springs xrslug mentioned.

I have 3, 5 rounders and 2, 10s. In my last 260 barrel, they all worked flawless. Switched my boy to a 6.5-47 and only one of the 1 rounders work, all the other mags feed like garbage 🤷‍♂️

I got my A5 out last week on a beautiful (but hot) day...I was shooting my self deemed "accuracy load" and it shot like crap....okay, maybe RL15 does experience temperature issues, hahaha. I'll try to build a similar load with Varget and try it out.

I'm going to be sending my stock to Joe Ducos to get the cheek piece modified. I don't like how the saddle pushes my off to the side, I feel like I'm always fighting it. The Stock Doc will fix it! I'm going to have him install an Anschutz rail at the same time, then it will be more comfortable for positional shooting.

Just getting into the SPR game, I traded for a stock off the exchange an bought an action off of Auction Arms. Now I need Bottom Metal!

I have the A3 I also picked up a Hogue off of ebay, it came with the TBM for 75.00 brand new.

Would you mind letting me know (either by PM or here) what it took to get that A3? I want to get an idea what they are going for more less since im interested in one. Also, does that eBay seller have more hogues with TBM or was that a one time thing?

I would really like a:
T6
Eh5
PRS1
PRS2

but I know I'd probably have to have that custom made and spec'd just for me and I'd be closer to a grand on the stock itself. Which I'm sure will be worth can't swing that coin right now. I'll be happy with an A3.

But can you imagine how sexy the rifle would look sporting a PRS1/2??? One can dream!

Reactions: Geno C.
I’d like to build on an eh1 too. Maybe one day. I have a 70 sitting in a supergrade stock right now, that might be the action to do it with.