• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Are they preparing us for this???

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I havent seen this since the 60's. Do you suppose they are preparing the general populace for what they know is coming. Look at the map they chose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a nuclear bomb explodes nearby, here's why you should never, ever get in a car

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/static3.businessinsider.com\/image\/581a9a2ab28a642b0f8b5d0e-100-100\/dave-mosher.jpg"}[/IMG2]
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/static6.businessinsider.com\/image\/5925d72cdf1bf082008b4677-1333\/nuclear-weapon-bomb-attack-city-buildings-illustration-shutterstock632270807.jpg"}[/IMG2]An illustration of a nuclear blast in a city. Shutterstock
    • Nuclear blasts create fallout, which can harm you with large doses of radiation.
    • Cars offer little protection from fallout.
    • A surer way to survive in the aftermath of a nuclear explosion is to go indoors, stay put, and listen to the radio.
    The first thing you'd see if a nuclear bomb exploded nearby is a flood of light so bright, you may think the sun blew up.

Wincing from temporary blindness, you'd scan the horizon and see an orange fireball. The gurgling flames would rise and darken into purple-hued column of black smoke, which would turn in on itself. As a toadstool-like mushroom took shape, the deafening shock front of the blast would rip through the area — and possibly knock you off your feet.

Congratulations! In this hypothetical scenario, you've just survived a nuclear blast with an energy output of about 10 kilotons (20 million pounds) of TNT. That's roughly 66% of energy released by either atom bomb dropped on Japan in 1945.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/static5.businessinsider.com\/image\/5579dbebeab8eab37749d053-1024\/nuclear-bomb-7.jpg"}[/IMG2]The fireball of a nuclear explosion. Public domain

This scenario may sound far-fetched, but more than 14,900 nuclear weapons exist in the world, and kiloton-class nukes (like the one we just described) are now proliferating in favor of larger weapons. In fact, a 10-kiloton-or-less nuclear detonation by a terrorist is the first of 15 disaster scenarios that the US government has planned for.

No one could fault you for panicking after the sight and roarof a nuclear blast. But there is one thing you should never do, according to Brooke Buddemeier, a health physicist and radiation expert at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

"Don't get in your car," he tells Business Insider — don't try to drive, and don't assume that the glass and metal of a vehicle can protect you. Why vehicles and nuclear survival don't mix

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/static4.businessinsider.com\/image\/5925f528621e6c1c008b4859-\/atomic-bomb-car-paint-vaporized.gif"}[/IMG2]

Avoiding driving after a nuclear blast is wise because streets would probably be full of erratic drivers, accidents, and debris. But Buddemeier says there's another important reason to ditch the car: a fearsome after-effect of nuclear blasts called fallout.

Fallout is a complex mixture of fission products, or radioisotopes, that are created by splitting atoms. Many of the fission products decay rapidly and emit gamma radiation, an invisible yet highly energetic form of light. Exposure to too much of this radiation in a short time can damage the body's cells and its ability to fix itself — a condition called acute radiation sickness.

"It also affects the immune system and the your ability to fight infections," Buddemeier says.

Only very dense and thick materials, like many feet of dirt or inches of lead, can reliably stop the fallout.

"The fireball from a 10-kiloton explosion is so hot, it actually shoots up into the atmosphere at over 100 miles per hour," Buddemeier says. "These fission products mix in with the dirt and debris that's drawn up into the atmosphere from the fireball."

Trapped in sand, dirt, cement, metal, and anything else in the immediate blast area, the gamma-shooting fission products can fly more than five miles into the air. The larger pieces drop back down, while lighter particles can be carried by the wind before raining over distant areas.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/static5.businessinsider.com\/image\/5925fd27621e6c1d048b47c0-2000\/nuclear-explosion-fallout-radiation-danger-zones-weather-change-bruce-buddemeier-llnljpg.jpg"}[/IMG2]A simulation of nuclear fallout conditions over Washington DC at different times of the year.Bruce Buddemeier/Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

"Close in to the [blast] site, they may be a bit larger than golf-ball-size, but really what we're talking about are things like salt- or sand-size particles," Buddemeier says. "It's the penetrating gamma radiation coming off of those particles that's the hazard."

Which brings us back to why a car is a terrible place to take shelter.

"Modern vehicles are made of glass and very light metals, and they offer almost no protection," he says. "You're just going to sit on a road some place [and be exposed]."

Buddemeier says he's asked people what their knee-jerk response to a nuclear blast might be. It wasn't comforting.

"There was actually a lot of folks who had this notion — and it may be a Hollywood notion — of 'oh, jump in the car and try to skedaddle out of town if you see a mushroom cloud.'" he says.

However, fallout is carried by high-altitude winds that are "often booking along at 100 miles per hour," he says, and "often not going in the same direction as the ground-level winds. So your ability to know where the fallout's gonna go, and outrun it, are… Well, it's very unlikely." What you should do instead of driving

Look atthe map they chose....

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/static4.businessinsider.com\/image\/5925d264df1bf02f018b45fc-1259\/apartment-building-house-radioactive-fallout-shelter-protection-quality-level-llnl-bruce-buddemeier.jpg"}[/IMG2]The protection factor that various buildings, and locations within them, offer from the radioactive fallout of a nuclear blast. The higher the number, the greater the protection. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Your best shot at survival after a nuclear disaster is to get into some sort of "robust structure" as quickly as possible and stay there, Buddemeier says. He's a fan of the mantra "go in, stay in, tune in".

"Get inside ... and get to the center of that building. If you happen to have access to below-ground areas, getting below-ground is great," he says. "Stay in: 12 to 24 hours."

The reason to wait is that levels of gamma and other radiation fall off exponentially after a nuclear blast as "hot" radioisotopes decay into more stable atoms and pose less of a danger. This slowly shrinks the dangerous fallout zone — the area where high-altitude winds have dropped fission products. (Instead of staying put, however, a recent study also suggested that moving to a stronger shelter or basement may not be a bad idea if you first ducked into a flimsy one.)

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/static1.businessinsider.com\/image\/5925fd27621e6c28048b47e3-1662\/nuclear-explosion-fallout-radiation-danger-zones-decay-bruce-buddemeier-llnl.jpg"}[/IMG2]The dangerous fallout zone (dark purple) shrinks quickly, while the much less dangerous hot zone (faint purple) grows for about 24 hours before shrinking back. Bruce Buddemeier/Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Finally, tune in.

"Try to use whatever communication tools you have," he says. He added that a hand-cranked radio is a good object to keep at work and home, since emergency providers, in addition to broadcasting instructions, will be tracking the fallout cloud and trying to broadcast where any safe corridors for escape are located.

There is only one exception to the "no cars" rule, says Buddemeier: If you're in a parking garage with your car, the concrete might act as a shield. In that case, you could stay there and listen to a radio inside your car.

If everyone followed these guidelines after nuclear blast, he says, hundreds of thousands of lives could be saved.

However, fallout is carried by high-altitude winds that are "often booking along at 100 miles per hour,"

so what youre saying is.....all i need is a car that can do a touch over 100mph and ill be safe from fallout?.......seems pretty easy to me.

i also dont know why anyone would nuke D.C.....everyone knows roaches can survive a nuclear blast.

I've said since I was a teenager that sometime in my lifetime, a nuclear blast will destroy a U.S. city.

Back then, it was the bad old days of the Cold War (where Plattsburgh AFB was 80 miles away and we'd have been Fallout-central here at Schloss Nitrocellulose.

Since the end of the cold war and the rise of Islamic nutjobs... I've assumed a terrorist blast.

I don't think anyone is preparing us for anything that we shouldn't have been preparing for... for decades. It's gonna happen. I'll be pleased and shocked if it doesn't... but there ya go.

The blast is going to be nothing compared to the waves of urban refugees fanning out like locusts into the hinterlands... lacking all common sense and survival skills... and expecting what?

Using Nukemap... .a 300 KT ground burst in NYC (about the size of a large Pak warhead) would kill 600K, injure a million and would put a radiation cloud as far as Worcester, Ma. That leaves something like 6 million - 20 million people fleeing their urban area (and maybe other 'scared' urban areas) to try and get somewhere safe? Where? How are they getting there? Where's the gas going to fuel their cars coming from? Whose house are they going to stay in? What is going to happen when 20 million people hit the road from their urban cesspools... and are 9 meals away from being even greater animals than they are now...

Anyway... Nuclear explosion? Meh... it's the aftermath that will be the nightmare.

Sirhr

Oh, want to play with Nukemap? It's fun! http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

We dont have multi qote here but...

MC, thats hilarious.

Sirh...Ive seen it coming for a long time/ ITS COMING.

Just the excuse needed for another endless war.

Well sure its coming, logically if it is not here then it must be coming. Ask yourself if there might be another policical reason for this kind of information being pushed now. Remember they beat Goldwater by creating the public perception that he would bring about a nuclear war.

Here's what I got from the article:
    1) Do not try to escape from the fallout in a Willys,
    2) 'like many feet of dirt or inches of lead, can reliably stop the fallout.' I need to stockpile more ammo

And what Sirh pointed out is so true about the loonies. I don't know about 9 meals, but I don't want to be anywhere near a pack of those fools.

I miss the days of the bomb shelters in the back yards,

I'm only about 7 miles from an old Titan silo out here in fort stinking desert. I sure home Kim knows it's not active and isn't targeting it. If he is I doubt I'll even get an 'Ah f' out.

i agree with sirh also, but its not going to be just loonies, its going to be mass waves of hungry thirsty scared herds of people

We'd never notice the difference here in Detroit, and with Dearborniastan right next door its doubtful anything would happen here.

I've said since I was a teenager that sometime in my lifetime, a nuclear blast will destroy a U.S. city.

Back then, it was the bad old days of the Cold War (where Plattsburgh AFB was 80 miles away and we'd have been Fallout-central here at Schloss Nitrocellulose.

Since the end of the cold war and the rise of Islamic nutjobs... I've assumed a terrorist blast.

I don't think anyone is preparing us for anything that we shouldn't have been preparing for... for decades. It's gonna happen. I'll be pleased and shocked if it doesn't... but there ya go.

The blast is going to be nothing compared to the waves of urban refugees fanning out like locusts into the hinterlands... lacking all common sense and survival skills... and expecting what?

Using Nukemap... .a 300 KT ground burst in NYC (about the size of a large Pak warhead) would kill 600K, injure a million and would put a radiation cloud as far as Worcester, Ma. That leaves something like 6 million - 20 million people fleeing their urban area (and maybe other 'scared' urban areas) to try and get somewhere safe? Where? How are they getting there? Where's the gas going to fuel their cars coming from? Whose house are they going to stay in? What is going to happen when 20 million people hit the road from their urban cesspools... and are 9 meals away from being even greater animals than they are now...

Anyway... Nuclear explosion? Meh... it's the aftermath that will be the nightmare.

Sirhr

Oh, want to play with Nukemap? It's fun! http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Good points Sirhr.
    I believe that the majority of intercity animals are to ingrained in their surroundings and will sit tight in the hood.
    Those that are in the fallout shadow are toast in 48 hrs or so.
    The left overs will gradually spread into suburbia and beyond.
    A 40 and some chips isn't hard to find.

R

The dems will have muslims nuke a city and blame it on Trump, Christianity and white gun owners.

And then there will be a big pity party for muslims. Just like after every time a muslim blows up people, all I see on the news is how muslims are a "religion of peace" and that we should love and embrace them all. Same tune over and over. Stuck on repeat.

The dems will have muslims nuke a city and blame it on Trump, Christianity and white gun owners.

And then there will be a big pity party for muslims. Just like after every time a muslim blows up people, all I see on the news is how muslims are a "religion of peace" and that we should love and embrace them all. Same tune over and over. Stuck on repeat.

Id say its more likely to come from the Faaarrrrrr right which is the arms companies and bankers who finance them. An endless, un winnable war, against an non definable enemy. Cant have all those munitions just laying around, got to blow it up to replace it.

'War is good business. Donate your son."

But youre right it will be blamed on the Muslims.

Why this whole thing could turn into

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"apocalypsenow","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"236","width":"420","src":"http:\/\/fedrev.net\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/12\/apocalypsenow-1024x576.jpg"}[/IMG2]

So without goin all prepper fucktard , has anyone planned for this . To be honest I have considered digging and framing out a sub terranean pressure treated shelter . Any body else ?

Id say its more likely to come from the Faaarrrrrr right which is the arms companies and bankers who finance them. An endless, un winnable war, against an non definable enemy. Cant have all those munitions just laying around, got to blow it up to replace it.

'War is good business. Donate your son."

But youre right it will be blamed on the Muslims.

Why this whole thing could turn into

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"apocalypsenow","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"236","width":"420","src":"http:\/\/fedrev.net\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/12\/apocalypsenow-1024x576.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Like, who?

So without goin all prepper fucktard , has anyone planned for this . To be honest I have considered digging and framing out a sub terranean pressure treated shelter . Any body else ?

I prefer oneshots idea for a wine cellar, perhaps a multi purpose facility. Yes, a lot of good North Coast Pinot Noir, and Spanish Tempranillo would help pass the time.

My thought lies more to getting out in the country, damn near anyplace south and west of Richmond Virginia, and away from major hiways. I think it will be very limited, destruction, just enough to get a war going, and create a lot of civil unrest at home to provide an excuse for martial law..

For the doubters, have you read Aldous Huxley's Brave New World,

Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury) is a rather appropriate book to be reading right now, too.... I think that the lead character, Guy Montag, has a namesake hanging out here.... but maybe I am remembering the 'fireman's' name wrong.

Ah Brave New World.... where we got the term Epsilon-semi-moron... and it has been applied to so many! In Ford we Trust!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury) is a rather appropriate book to be reading right now, too.... I think that the lead character, Guy Montag, has a namesake hanging out here.... but maybe I am remembering the 'fireman's' name wrong.

Ah Brave New World.... where we got the term Epsilon-semi-moron... and it has been applied to so many! In Ford we Trust!

Cheers,

Sirhr

IN Ford we Trust. Sieg Heil.

funny thing is, the nut jobs with nukes seem to thnk we value the North east and west coast cities. hahahhahhahahaahhahah. the north east and west coast commies think the world loves them, hahahhahah. I will sit here in Texas or Florida and watch the show. The locust swarm is also known by the zombie attack and everyone here has been prepared for that their whole life.

funny thing is, the nut jobs with nukes seem to thnk we value the North east and west coast cities. hahahhahhahahaahhahah. the north east and west coast commies think the world loves them, hahahhahah. I will sit here in Texas or Florida and watch the show. The locust swarm is also known by the zombie attack and everyone here has been prepared for that their whole life.

If it goes full tilt boogie Texas wont be any better than any where else. 70% of the folks there shouldnt have a drivers license let alone a gun. When the a/c goes of and the food gets short there will be plenty of dumb assed white and Spanish speaking locusts that didnt have sense enough to prepare.

As much as I love Virginia, if a nuke goes of in DC it will become a shit fest around here. Martial law and the Fed's commandeering homes for refugee's.

Ive been kind of looking toward south east Oklahoma, around the west end of the Ouachita's. Not so close to Mexico, or even Houston. Relatively temperate climate, and lots of nothing.

And that is the very basis, Army, of the divide in the country? We have two types of people... makers and takers. Those who turn raw materials into finished products... and those who trade paper or serve as 'overhead' to the economy of value add. And being a Wall St. lawyer may be profitable, but it adds no value. Trading stocks adds no value. Producing reality TV shows and making record albums... may be a nice thing to have for a society that can afford it. And art is good for the soul. But it's only valuable... to a society that has a surplus of economic power... in order to support it.

If the corn belt, the wheat fields,, the energy fields and the rust belt manufacturing plants went away... the cities could not last a week. If the big urban areas went away... meh. I'd miss watching the History Channel and visiting Snipers Hide. But I can run a lathe, plant a field, wire a barn, hunt, weld, shoot, fix an engine, build a still, cut firewood, adapt old parts into a generator... .... I don't give a crap if New York City exists or not. I don't care if Los Angeles is a part of the world or a smoking ruin. Well, more of a smoking ruin than it already is.

But these urban hovels are the homes of the takers. Who think that their shiny 'capitals' are the centers around which the world revolves. And as long as things are copasetic... I guess the world can revolve around them. But the reality is that their 'we are the center of the world' view is a chimera. Of their own making.

And it doesn't matter whether it's a terrorist IND or a plague or a civil war... the folks who live their pampered lives in the cities cannot survive the lights going out. And even if those who 'can' survive the lights going out are in the cities... those are not parts of the world that are conducive to being able to survive disaster.

Well, enough depressing talk for the weekend. Hopefully the republic will hold on for a few hundred more years before the 'Goths take over. Which they will. No nation survives forever.

But as long as I'm dead... guess I am not going to see it in 100 years.

However to Army's point... watching NYC or LA or some other place full of 'takers' turned into Chernobyl.... would be TV worth watching. And I've have little sympathy. We know how to fix the problem. But as long as the city-folks want to turn alt-left, call us hicks 'deplorables' and stop us from keeping the barbarians away from our gate... then let them turn into sidewalk shadows thanks to some Allah Akbar crazy with a nuke in his van.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Well, we have to ask frank is he has a business continuity plan to keep us informed when the SHTF and the zombies attack.

I have warned all my relatives to get out of jersey for decades, and get out now. If they get turned into sidewalk shadows so be it, my conscience is clear.

Mags, I think Texas in all its arrogance and some of its unique stupidity will survive just fine. Fla, well Fla has natural selection happening every day a mach 2 pace but I gotta tell you Cat 5 hurricanes roll off their backs and everything us up and running in two weeks max, during that two weeks when things are shit, looters get shot no questions asked, not like the memes you see with the rednecks faking a looting justice but they actually shoot any mfers that gets caught stealing from the neighbors, and legal as hell too. They help each other out without question, even the hood rats come together to help the neighbors out,its hard o explain, you gotta see it to believe it but that state handles disaster like no other state or country I ever seen. Florida is where you wanna be when the zombie attack happens. And they are way more armed than Texas, way more.

Last edited:
    Mags, I think Texas in all its arrogance and some of its unique stupidity will survive just fine. .

Texas will be just fine... better than ever..

Texas can survive just about anything including a full on WWIII end of civilization event.
    Lots of good hard men and women outside the cities who won't shed a tear.
    The excess human dead weight will just have to fall under their own weight & those know how to be builders & getters done will be fine.
    In the summer all those unprepared people will be done in couple days if the power goes out for some reason and water doesn't come out of the taps.
    Try streaming out of the cities without water in 100+ degree heat and see how far they get....

Then even if the rest of the country was overrun, the Governor can send some folks to the Pantex plant to get started building something special for any foreign invaders.

Last edited: