• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Area419 Arcalock comes loose

kentuckyMarksman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
I've got the Area419 Arcalock installed on my Atlas bipod. When shooting, the Arcalock will become loose, and I'll have to re-tighten it. I have to check it constantly to make sure it's tight. This has happened on multiple rifles (same bipod and Arcalock), using either a MDT ACC chassis, or the Area419 12" Arca Rail.

Is this common for the Area419 Arcalock? I thought Area419 made quality products. Is there a better design available, maybe one with a lever?

I'm sure I'm applying enough force to adequately tighten the Arcalock.

Not enough force for the arcalok rail

The ACC rail likely too narrow and you'll need to keep the pins installed

These help though

Attachments

• 20200707_094324.jpg
    20200707_094324.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200707_094324.jpg
    20200707_094324.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200707_094336.jpg
    20200707_094336.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 153
I haven't removed any pins from anything.

Interesting lever. Does that replace the gold thumb nut on the Arcalock? Or does the big end slide over it? Are those for sale anywhere?

I haven't removed any pins from anything.

Interesting lever. Does that replace the gold thumb nut on the Arcalock? Or does the big end slide over it? Are those for sale anywhere?
Big end slides over it. Also works for the RRS knob pictured

I have a few left for sale

When using on the Arcalock rail, make sure you wiggle it back and forth a bit to make sure you're settled into the scallops of the rail. Otherwise you may be tightening it on the tooth and it will end up coming loose.

That and tighten it down as hard as you can. ;)

ARCA is a generic term for a nonstandard dimensional mounting system. What you want is rails to the RRs dovetail standard. @flyer1a, are your rails RRs dovetail compliant?

ARCA is a generic term for a nonstandard dimensional mounting system. What you want is rails to the RRs dovetail standard. @flyer1a, are your rails RRs dovetail compliant?
Our rails and clamps are each checked (rails on machine and in assembly, and clamps in assembly) against GO/NO-GO gauges, cut to the RRS Standard. Anyone not using the RRS standard and go/no-go to check their parts deserves a swirly.

A clamp will certainly walk over extended use, that's not surprising, but constant issues are not ok with me.

OP, send an email to info(at)area419(dot)com and let us swap out that clamp. If the threads are letting loose like that there may be an internal issue. If you're putting any tightness into the gold knob the secondary finer threads should be engaged, and those walking out is really rare.

Our rails and clamps are each checked (rails on machine and in assembly, and clamps in assembly) against GO/NO-GO gauges, cut to the RRS Standard. Anyone not using the RRS standard and go/no-go to check their parts deserves a swirly.

A clamp will certainly walk over extended use, that's not surprising, but constant issues are not ok with me.

OP, send an email to info(at)area419(dot)com and let us swap out that clamp. If the threads are letting loose like that there may be an internal issue. If you're putting any tightness into the gold knob the secondary finer threads should be engaged, and those walking out is really rare.
I knew you guys would be on it. That’s why I keep coming back.

Thanks Craig! Email sent!

For those of you keeping score at home, a replacement clamp and return label are on today's outbound cart.

We want 100% of our parts to be perfect forever, but in a world where that is impossible, always know we've got your back.

Thanks for your help Craig! I will be buying more gear from you in the future, for sure.

For those of you keeping score at home, a replacement clamp and return label are on today's outbound cart.

We want 100% of our parts to be perfect forever, but in a world where that is impossible, always know we've got your back.
Excellent to know. I have the rail and clamp as well. I’m located in CBUS just down the road from you. And I thought I heard that one of your employers has a father that shoots at RGGC with us. Very cool.

Excellent to know. I have the rail and clamp as well. I’m located in CBUS just down the road from you. And I thought I heard that one of your employers has a father that shoots at RGGC with us. Very cool.
Gravy is the man - next time you see him, go say "Your dad's your uncle" - I promise the look on his face will be worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: J-Ham