• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken Optics EP-4 Tracking Test Video

Saw these a few weeks ago on Facebook and recoiled a little at the price (thinking you get what you pay for). If these continue to track and the company stays on top of their customer service, I could see one of these making it into my safe. Wish either this or the Tikka T1X was about $30 cheaper MSRP, because it would be a great pairing for NRL22 base class.

Interested to see how these shake out.
The lack of illumination kinda sucks at lower power is what I hear. But illumination would probably up the price to 700-750$. That I think is a smart move at least for now, once they get a foot hold with a reliable optic for 550$ then offer a illumination model for a little more, people might bite on it.

Reactions: BMag02
Let me guess, Fanboy, you shoot a .338 LahPoouh. You’re mentally threatened by some dude on a forum you’ve never met because he made a comment about annoying fanboys of a new company you bought a scope from, and was just told how eerily similar the gay love fest over a $500 scope looked?

Please keep proving my point your witless, half baked responses.

Please.
Yes! All but the threatened part.
keep em coming tiny.

Ok
What else ya got tiny?

3i4s6m.jpg

If I may get in a word edgewise.
I do not currently own any $600 scopes, but I'm not a @Bender level snob. I am perfectly willing to try one of these Oakum scopes gratis.

I'm sure you need my credentials....let's just say I'm a certified grade IV Operator.
The maintenance guys describe me as "operator as fuck" and also nicknamed me "Cotton" cause I've got no shins.

Anyway, just send that bitch on over and I'll wind the fucking knobs off her like a ham operator trynta dial in Tokyo.

I got to get some sleep, I’ve been trolling dickless trolls like tiny, literally for two days. I’ll be back tomorrow sometime if tiny has any more in him. I’m his biggest fanboy now, he’ll never get rid of me.

• Love
Reactions: Bender
Nah, the Boomer fanboy is boring. Not original at all. I give him an F.

I thought we could have Paparock PT II, but now I’m just disappointed. He didn’t tell me how much he could bench, or if he wore a sniper hat pin with his Velcro sneakers.

*sighs and kicks a rock

I got to get some sleep, I’ve been trolling dickless trolls like tiny, literally for two days. I’ll be back tomorrow sometime if tiny has any more in him. I’m his biggest fanboy now, he’ll never get rid of me.
Ok Boomer, remember your warm milk.

• Haha
Reactions: Dewey7271
Nah, the Boomer fanboy is boring. Not original at all. I give him a F.

I thought we could have Paparock PT II, but now I’m just disappointed. He didn’t tell me how much he could bench, or if he wore a sniper hat pin with his Velcro sneakers.

*sighs and kicks a rock
Ok one more before bed.
Tiny, you’re taking forever to respond. I get it, you probably are in the middle of a fire fight on call of duty, and you have to pause it, and...it probably takes forever!!!! to type with tiny hands. And the WiFi probably sucks in mommy’s basement so everything’s probably slow.

Last edited:
So when do we label the troller of the known trolls a troll himself? :unsure:

Ok one more before bed.
Tiny, you’re taking forever to respond. I get it, you probably are in the middle of a fire fight on call of duty, and you have to pause it, and it probably takes for ever to type with tiny hands. And the WiFi probably sucks in mommy’s basement so everything’s probably slow.
Just for the record, you can’t pause call of duty.

The website reminds me of those fly by night ads that flood the internet offering 90% off name brand spec items. Overwhelming in your face sales and marketing bait and switch and then take the money and run.

I'm always cautious of a company that doesnt have a physical address.

How is the glass quality? What would you compare it to? This is an exciting new offering I wanna get my hands on

Arken Optics EP-4 Tracking Test Video

Before the weather changes to ice and snow, I managed to get out on the range to shoot a few videos. Two of them were online training lessons, but one I wanted to do a short piece on the Arken Optics EP-4 4-16x Scope as I have one here.

This scope retails for $550 and at first glance, it appears to be a very capable scope. The feature set includes a zero scope, ED Glass, and plenty of elevation for the new shooter. All this is great but the most important question is, does it track?

The scope comes with a tracking guarantee, and looking at the overall package they definitely spec'd out a decent scope for not a lot of money. This scope can easily compare with any other OEM scope selling for $1000 to $1500, in other words, it's punching above it's weight class.

View attachment 7189730
View attachment 7189731

I have not shot it yet, but after the marketing posts and reaction it received I wanted to jump on this as quick as possible.

No hype necessary, just a fact there is truth in advertising with somethings and testing this scope, it was clear to me it was tracking 100%. I tested it at 10 Mils and at 13.3 Mils on the 4ft Level pictured above.

The sight picture on this optic is very good, it's easy to get behind, the look and clean and what you would expect. The only thing left is to see how it holds up to recoil, and use over time. But at $550 I don't it as a big gamble, just a solid offering from a new company.

????

Arken Optics EP-4 Tracking Test Video

Before the weather changes to ice and snow, I managed to get out on the range to shoot a few videos. Two of them were online training lessons, but one I wanted to do a short piece on the Arken Optics EP-4 4-16x Scope as I have one here.

This scope retails for $550 and at first glance, it appears to be a very capable scope. The feature set includes a zero scope, ED Glass, and plenty of elevation for the new shooter. All this is great but the most important question is, does it track?

The scope comes with a tracking guarantee, and looking at the overall package they definitely spec'd out a decent scope for not a lot of money. This scope can easily compare with any other OEM scope selling for $1000 to $1500, in other words, it's punching above it's weight class.

View attachment 7189730
View attachment 7189731

I have not shot it yet, but after the marketing posts and reaction it received I wanted to jump on this as quick as possible.

No hype necessary, just a fact there is truth in advertising with somethings and testing this scope, it was clear to me it was tracking 100%. I tested it at 10 Mils and at 13.3 Mils on the 4ft Level pictured above.

The sight picture on this optic is very good, it's easy to get behind, the look and clean and what you would expect. The only thing left is to see how it holds up to recoil, and use over time. But at $550 I don't it as a big gamble, just a solid offering from a new company.

Hmm might take a look at them when Im building my.338

Bullshit. Bender is sitting on a shit bucket right now. You gotta be a power. Everyone knows walking to the shitter = minus kills.
If you are sitting on a shit bucket, you are in it for the wholesale slaughter.
I love this kinda shit in forums ?

I got one coming tomorrow, looking forward to trying it out. I’m thinking about running it on a lapua for a while to see how it holds up.
ya I'm just going to throw it on my 6.5 creed. time will tell on how this optic hold up I almost ordered the 6-24 but I haven't herd anything on it. I'm on a tight budget so $600 to gamble is still a lot of money for me.

Reactions: Gohring65
ya I'm just going to throw it on my 6.5 creed. time will tell on how this optic hold up I almost ordered the 6-24 but I haven't herd anything on it. I'm on a tight budget so $600 to gamble is still a lot of money for me.
That’s what I was thinking too. I got a 308 that needs a scope. Gonna order the 4-16 for it.

I just got the 4-16 in the mail. It’s heavy, feels solid. Great clicks, some of the best clicks I’ve ever felt. It’s as heavy as my Weaver tactical 6-30x56, not quite, Weaver is 40 ounces this one 32 ounces I believe. But it feels every bit as solid. For such a short compact scope, it’s a tank.
This for sure is the best looking, and turrets for any scope under 1000$. Time will tell for endurance.

Last edited:
To be honest I am interested in the 4-16 for a 6.5 Grendel but I am going to wait until people get field time on the scope and that reticle gets changed.

I eat there all the time.
It's cheap.
It's delicious.
It'll make a turd.

It's not 5 star dining, and there always a chance you are gonna get a case of the screaming shits. So......caveat emptor.
That’s exactly my first impression of this scope. Could be great, could be a case of the screaming shits. Time will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: Steel+Killer
Can someone send me one to demo and we'll see how it holds up to being dragged all over the desert and mountains and a M110 that loves tasty optics?

Would also be valuable to see how it performs after a lot of verbal abuse, too.

Can someone send me one to demo and we'll see how it holds up to being dragged all over the desert and mountains and a M110 that loves tasty optics?

Would also be valuable to see how it performs after a lot of verbal abuse, too.
It’s 550$, that’s not much money for a Bavarian blood. Hell, a BMW headlight bulb cost more than that. Germans don’t care about cost. Buy it, abuse it and tell all your buddies about it. In other words treat it like a whore.

I just got the 4-16 in the mail. It’s heavy, feels solid. Great clicks, some of the best clicks I’ve ever felt. It’s as heavy as my Weaver tactical 6-30x56, not quite, Weaver is 40 ounces this one 32 ounces I believe. But it feels every bit as solid. For such a short compact scope, it’s a tank.
This for sure is the best looking, and turrets for any scope under 1000$. Time will tell for endurance.
that's good to know. how is the reticle at max power? can you post a pic. I cant find a picture of the reticle at low and max power.

that's good to know. how is the reticle at max power? can you post a pic. I cant find a picture of the reticle at low and max power.
The reticle is very nice at max power. It’s not thick at all. At 4 power it could use some illumination, but it’s not too bad. The design helps you find the center. I’ll try and get you a pick when I get home. I think this is going to give the budget optics a real run for their money. I think these guys have a great idea by not releasing another rebranded LOW optic right out of the gate. How many guys are going to buy a LOW optic from a new company costing 1500$, compared to how many guys are going to buy a 500$ scope from a new company? I probably would buy a DMR2 PRO or similar instead of a unknown/unproven scope for 1500$ from a newbie. But 550$ yeah I’ll bite.

But 550$ yeah I’ll bite.

I ran into a guy selling toothbrushes for $10. I thought he was nuts, nobody gonna buy a toothbrush for $10.
He did have some free candy, so I took him up on the free candy. As I chewed into the candy I said, "This candy tastes like shit!"
He informed me it was in fact shit, and offered to sell me a toothbrush.