• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken Optics EP-4 Tracking Test Video

Sounds like typical QC issues for a "cheap" scope manufacturer; however, seems like we're starting to see more of this pop up in the more expensive scopes as well. After reading through some of the above posts it sounded like Arken was really quick to address issues, but then there were some complaints of no response at all, maybe because of SHOT it was hard to address everything but I am curious how well their customer service is of late, how responsive have they been to issues?

Also, is Arken a Hide sponsor?
Mike reached out to me this morning. Standing by to see if they'll follow through on their commitment to providing quality customer support. I'll report back here if comms go south again.

Other than the tight-as-fuck power ring and the etched reticle SNAFU I've been mostly pleased with the optic and I think most people would be genuinely impressed with what they're getting for the money. Charlie Mike

To all.... We will never ignore our customers, but the fact is we are a extremely small team which has meant that not everyone gets addressed right away. We will continue to improve our products and execution across the board to better serve our customers (starting with bringing on solid employees). Despite all the naysayers, we have proven that we can offer a legitimate alternative to shooters. Please continue to be patient with us. We won't get everything right everytime but you can count on us to do the right thing. We are sold out for a reason. Thank you all for the support.
V/r,
Mike Reilly
Thank you for your service Mike and thank you for your continued response on the Hide. After reading part of your story (https://mountainandprairie.com/mike-reilly/) I am really impressed and look forward to testing out your 6-24 and comparing to some other budget class scopes I've been reviewing. Looks like long lead time and some QC issues so I'll wait a bit for things to settle down, but would be happy to support an organization like yours (Arken) who supports our military veterans.

Reactions: Sam19kilo
so it looks like @Loe_307 who claims to be an Arken rep is on here all the time....40 min ago...last time I checked.
@randalloc is banned.....up until now I thought he was the official guy. Why oh why Oh @Tucker301 God did he get catted?
On facebook theres this Frank Medero guy hawking the scopes and being extremely annoying in the Arken
fan page. Its honestly hard to read thru comments with his being every other one.

I wanted to buy one of these! I Have the money in hand! it's amazing
How can somebody eff up their reputation so bad
with simply their online presence ?

Fuck it. I'm staying with Athlon. Awesome value and awesome warranty (I've Heard) that I haven't needed yet.

The money in hand ready to buy part is kind of where I am. Frank and others have had some really good things to say about these scopes, but I've got a new rifle that's been sitting around for almost 6 weeks waiting on glass. If memory serves, when I got the rifle the 6-24x50s were 6-8 weeks out, now a month and a half later I got an email that they're still 6 to 8 weeks out, but the web site says 8-10 weeks. While I can tolerate a delay for something I really want, I can't see waiting 2 months to try something new out when there are other proven products available right now. From my prospective it looks like Arken may be a victim of their own success. I guess the old axiom of cheap, good or fast, pick two holds, where in this case cheap and good wont be fast.

Reactions: Blackfoot 7
I kind of agree a little bit. I paid for a 6-24x50 and will have to wait a couple of months for it to come in... I'm having to hold myself back from just buying something else in the meantime. Whether I'll be able to resist that temptation for 2 months is a major question.

The money in hand ready to buy part is kind of where I am. Frank and others have had some really good things to say about these scopes, but I've got a new rifle that's been sitting around for almost 6 weeks waiting on glass. If memory serves, when I got the rifle the 6-24x50s were 6-8 weeks out, now a month and a half later I got an email that they're still 6 to 8 weeks out, but the web site says 8-10 weeks. While I can tolerate a delay for something I really want, I can't see waiting 2 months to try something new out when there are other proven products available right now. From my prospective it looks like Arken may be a victim of their own success. I guess the old axiom of cheap, good or fast, pick two holds, where in this case cheap and good wont be fast.
Many folks here on the hide have given us the opportunity to show them what we can do and what we're all about, despite the reservations they may have had. Most have also shared their opinions for better or worse, but it does seem that all that have held our optics have given us a fair shake, either by allowing us the opportunity to rectify any mishaps or through simply sharing how great a bargain we offer. We are grateful for both. All of these people know that we are able to provide a pretty outstanding product line at lower costs than most are used to. Do not mistake this for cheap in term of quality. Yes, circumstances beyond our control (such as forecasting such high demand or predicting a major health risk to the world) have limited our ability to provide, but we will make good on our promise.
V/r,
Mike Reilly

It was never my intention to imply the scopes are cheaply made, my point was cheap and good isn't going to be fast and that the lack of available product is frustrating. I'm sure all the guys at Arken are even more frustrated, it's very hard to keep a business afloat when you have no inventory to sell. It's good to see someone trying to bring a quality product to market at a value price point.

It was never my intention to imply the scopes are cheaply made, my point was cheap and good isn't going to be fast and that the lack of available product is frustrating. I'm sure all the guys at Arken are even more frustrated, it's very hard to keep a business afloat when you have no inventory to sell. It's good to see someone trying to bring a quality product to market at a value price point.
Sadly, the concept of the Triple Constraint is lost on a lot of people.

I ordered on Friday February 7th, they did reply to a comment on Instagram saying 6-8weeks. I did see the change to 8-10weeks. If it takes longer I’m sure they will make shit right. (Throw in some rings!!?) They are solid dudes, I picked them because they are veterans as well. I am excited to try it out

Reactions: patriotnation
I had a Arken 6-24 and only one valid issue I had was the ocular focus was super tight and wouldn't fully extend. For the price I can not deny the scope what it is due. Above many individuals have made valid points toward the reticle and illumination. Now back to my issue with the scope.... Arken reached out and answered my questions quickly. Now they have sent me a Overnight Label to ship the scope to them for warranty and/or replacement. Sent out on 2/11/2020. (We shall see how long it takes to get a replacement.) It speaks volumes for me when the company contacted me when I made a FB post about it.(On the Enthusiast page) I didn't go out of my way to contact them. The scope functioned and was clear but my issue was it wasn't as clear as everyone made it out to be and so I started looking at images of other scopes and noticed their focus rings extended farther than mine. I look forward to receiving what I hope to be a fully operational optic. If it all pans out I will probably own a couple more.

I am planning on comparing with my eyes the pst gen II vs arken vs razor gen II vs Nightforce Beast. I know the more expensive options will prolly win out. But thats what a comparison is for.

First impressions was the scope was robust for sure. Not Razor G2 or Beast Robust but still up there. I would've liked a 56mm obj also but beggers can't be choosers.

Tactile turrets for sure. On the one I had prior to sending it in. It also had a double click/feel when adjusting. I feel like this is very minute and you had to be paying attention for sure so I don't knock it for that especially at the price point.
Tracked flawlessly from my experience
Zero stop is super user friendly and easy to set.
Paralax functioned as it should.

Honestly all in all I enjoyed having a budget optic like this in my hands.

I am in no way affiliated with arken other than being a consumer. I like finding good deals as much as the next guy. I hope I was able to answer some of the questions individuals come to these forums with.

Reactions: Sam19kilo
I had a Arken 6-24 and only one valid issue I had was the ocular focus was super tight and wouldn't fully extend. For the price I can not deny the scope what it is due. Above many individuals have made valid points toward the reticle and illumination. Now back to my issue with the scope.... Arken reached out and answered my questions quickly. Now they have sent me a Overnight Label to ship the scope to them for warranty and/or replacement. Sent out on 2/11/2020. (We shall see how long it takes to get a replacement.) It speaks volumes for me when the company contacted me when I made a FB post about it.(On the Enthusiast page) I didn't go out of my way to contact them. The scope functioned and was clear but my issue was it wasn't as clear as everyone made it out to be and so I started looking at images of other scopes and noticed their focus rings extended farther than mine. I look forward to receiving what I hope to be a fully operational optic. If it all pans out I will probably own a couple more.

I am planning on comparing with my eyes the pst gen II vs arken vs razor gen II vs Nightforce Beast. I know the more expensive options will prolly win out. But thats what a comparison is for.

First impressions was the scope was robust for sure. Not Razor G2 or Beast Robust but still up there. I would've liked a 56mm obj also but beggers can't be choosers.

Tactile turrets for sure. On the one I had prior to sending it in. It also had a double click/feel when adjusting. I feel like this is very minute and you had to be paying attention for sure so I don't knock it for that especially at the price point.
Tracked flawlessly from my experience
Zero stop is super user friendly and easy to set.
Paralax functioned as it should.

Honestly all in all I enjoyed having a budget optic like this in my hands.

I am in no way affiliated with arken other than being a consumer. I like finding good deals as much as the next guy. I hope I was able to answer some of the questions individuals come to these forums with.
Mine double-clicked initially, but after a couple of full rotations it went away. Probably just needed to settle in a bit. Click adjustments have been spot on. It also helps to know and understand how to lock up and secure the zero stop so it doesn't walk out on you. Charlie Mike

These totally fell off my radar. Where can you find specs, always bugs me when you visit a manufacturers website and they list on specs for their optics. Where can I find what reticles are available for the 4-14 and 4-16, I've always wanted to see how a new design Chinese sub $500 scope can perform and these seem like some of the best.

These totally fell off my radar. Where can you find specs, always bugs me when you visit a manufacturers website and they list on specs for their optics. Where can I find what reticles are available for the 4-14 and 4-16, I've always wanted to see how a new design Chinese sub $500 scope can perform and these seem like some of the best.
All the specifications and images of the reticles are on Arken's website. Just click on the product and scroll through the information and images.

All the specifications and images of the reticles are on Arken's website. Just click on the product and scroll through the information and images.

Usually that is the case, maybe something is wrong with their website this morning, but this is all I see when I scroll down
1606145078287.png

It looks like some models are out of stock and the web pages for them are disabled?

There's a problem with the mobile version of arkenopticsusa.com. Specs section of web pages only display when viewed from a desktop.

If you're stuck on mobile, you can get specs from their other website, arkenoptics.com.

https://www.arkenoptics.com/ep-4-16x50-riflescope-p00101.html

One caveat, their newest scope, the SH4 GenII 6-24x50, isn't listed on arkenoptics.com.
Thanks for that. I was able to find the specs on the 4-14 as well. 4-16 has impressive FOV but pretty heavy for a 4-16x50, the 4-14 is really light but much narrower FOV.

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
I went into my fav store today for glass for my new T1X , well a friend bought a EPB4 6-24 about 3 months ago and decided to trade it( he is never satisfied it seems) short story long he was praising it 3-4 weeks ago I bought it for 100.00 less than he paid nice scope! glass,turrets, nice finish smooth adjustments on the eyepiece and parallax (great range) Now I need a scope for the T1X the EPB 4 is kinda massive .

I went into my fav store today for glass for my new T1X , well a friend bought a EP 4 6-24 about 3 months ago and decided to trade it( he is never satisfied it seems) short story long he was praising it 3-4 weeks ago I bought it for 100.00 less than he paid nice scope! glass,turrets, nice finish smooth adjustments on the eyepiece and parallax (great range) Now I need a scope for the T1X the EP 4 is kinda massive for a 22 I hope that they replenish inventory of their lineup.
Correction I mistakenly added a B to the product description I deleted the B