• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Armasight/Flir Customer Service

hammerhead

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2005
Aust.
Last year I spent approx $8,000(AUD) on Armasight NV and Thermal optics. (Drone Pro and Prometheus)

The thermal unit was faulty and had to be returned for replacement - that's an extra $260 thank you very much Armasight quality control.

I then discovered that the remote control on the NV did not function at all.

I sent internal emails to Armasight and then Flir, after Flir acquired Armasight, advising them of the problem but have yet to receive a reply.

It is now 6 months since my first email to Armasight and 2 months since my last email to Flir.

Customer Service? What Customer Service?

When I have a warranty problem with a high ticket item I start with the dealer/distributor I purchased from, in many cases they have more clout. Besides that, I can only offer that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" call and raise heck with them directly if possible. It's easy to delete an email but it's much harder to ignore a customer calling and complaining. 2 months/6 months.................your awfully patient.

Thanks for your post EP.

".......I start with the dealer/distributor......" I agree but that's not an option here unfortunately since I imported direct from Armasight.

"...awfully patient." I cut them a little slack initially because I figured they were in an ownership transition to FLIR. However it seems FLIR has a lot of work to do on its customer service also.

I've owned a gaggle of Armasight devices, both NV and thermal over the past three years and in general, their CS has been fine. As late as Dec 2016, I sent Q-14 in for repair and received it back repaired as expected in nine days. I was impressed!
But there has been one open issue on my CO-LR which first got sent in Nov 2015 and is still not working. The negotiations between FLIR and the Dealer are not going well. My fear is the Armasight CS will be brought down to the level of the FLIR CS, rather than the other way around.

<<remote control on the NV did not function at all.>>
BTW, this is normal ... you need to "learn" the remote ... maybe you tried that already ... but I usually have to learn the Armasight remotes, they do not come "pre-learned".

Thanks for the tip wigwamitus. I'll check that out. The Prometheus remote worked from the get go - expected the Drone Pro to do the same. Looks to me like the Flir customer service comes from the customers lol.

Update:

Finally, received an apology from Flir two weeks ago but no still no offer to sort the original problem. Does anyone have an email contact for higher up the Flir food chain? Clearly "Customer Service" is just a name plate on an empty room.

I will hunt you one up. I don't have one, but I know someone who does.

Thanks for your trouble wigwamitus. BTW it seems my remotes are matched to their parent optics at the factory - ie the pairing is not "learnable".

I can speak from the FLIR side of customer service and it has been excellent. Fixed a scope that went down (probably due to user issues) at no cost and had it back really quick.Their track record with service has been great with FLIR products. I think the question here is how well will they cover the Armasight products?

Good point Ben. In my case it seems Armasight products are a liability they are not prepared to service. Either that or they are not concerned with their international (Aussie) customers.

Hammer,
I am still trying to get you an escalation point.
In the mean time, could you try to find a local dealer to help you? I think I recall you purchased direct from Armasight, but a local dealer, might still be happy to have a new prospective customer, who might bring future sales and so might be willing to help. I think that would be the case for some dealers over here, so might also be true for some dealers over there.
Just trying to brainstorm ideas.
Wig.

You could also try calling Armasight again to see if you get lucky.

Wig,
There was no Armasight rep over here when I ordered my gear (afaik). In fact, their export manager asked if I would be interested in becoming a dealer for them. Since then a few Oz companies have taken on their products. I'll see how I fare with them. btw my approaches to Armasight USA now get redirected to Flir.

Well, if you are getting redirected to FLIR go ahead and talk to FLIR !
I called IRD yesterday, the same lady I've been talking to answered and after hearing my issue told me to send email to TRIJICONEO so I did ... so yes the mergers are merging ... but FLIR might help. What is the current issue? And what is FLIR saying?
:)
I'm still trying to get you an escalation contact. But that contact will want to know the answers to those questions!

wig,
The current and enduring issue is that the Drone Pro remote does not control the Drone Pro.
Flir asked for the serial numbers of both units which I supplied by return email almost a month ago. Since then - nothing.
Apparently the last two digits of the serial numbers refer to the receiver numbers. Since my numbers don't match, it is quite likely that I was simply supplied with the wrong remote for the main unit.

Did you try calling? Did you get a "ticket number" ? They might not hunt you down to help solve the problem (they should but they might not) ... so you might have to hunt them down to solve the problem ...

My past armasight customer service interactions have always been outstanding. However, any of my recent interactions with Armasight branded products through FLIR customer service has been abysmal. Delays. Declined coverage. etc. Armasight used to cover a product through its warranty cycle despite not being the original owner - they would allow you to re-register the product and repair it, which is great for resale when you decide to upgrade. FLIR... not so much.

They quietly changed the policy and will not even perform simple tasks for items that may have changed hands prior to the merger/buyout. I will not be buying any more FLIR / Armasight branded products. I upgrade fairly frequently, so this really just tied my hands on being able to buy these items much the same way Trijicon ties my hands - anything I buy from Trijicon, I plan on keeping until the warranty is expired.

Catalyst, I bought Armasight products based on their "old" reputation for quality and service. My recent experience of their "new" standards leaves me looking elsewhere for future purchases.

UPDATE: After nearly a year and countless emails to customer support, Armasight finally came good. Just one exposure on facebook did the trick.

I had excellent experience with Armasight customer service. As for FLIR customer service, I will say stay the hell away from their products. I have an Armasight Apollo Pro that them cam lock on the mount has gotten worn and will lot lock or tighten scope on a rail. I decided to send it in to FLIR. I also asked since the ocular lens assembly seemed to be attached to scope body with four screws if there was any way to convert to a Zeus since i’ve never been happy with the scope as a clip on. Lastly I asked if there were any firmware updates or a way to make the remote work without plugging in an external antenna.

I created an account through FLIR custom sight and selected to submit a repair request thought there. I also paid the $100 fee for shipping label and for inspection and repair estimate. FLIRs sight had a box to type in comments about the unit and problems but I could not find a way to print that and include it. A RMA was created and the number was also included on the shipping label. After about a week I confirmed that my scope had been received and was told that the info I entered creating the RMA should be in FLIRs system. After 3 months of no news a few days ago I finally got through to a number and got a “REAL” person. They checked the RMA and stated it showed received with no information. I went thought problems I was having and was told there was no way to convert my Apollo to a Zeus. I informed them that at he minimum I needed a new mount as mine would not latch tight or hold zero. Two days later, I have my scope back and absolutely nothing has been done. Nothing has been fixed or changed on my mount and there was no explanation from FLIR if anything was even looked at. As near as I can tell, it was just put in a box and sent back.

Plan on an ass chewing phone call tomorrow but checking the internet, it would appear that FLIR doesn’t give a damn about customer service!

Reactions: wigwamitus
Thanks, trying to get back in the game. Called FLIR today and they are shipping a new mount. Met and talked with a guy at Tulsa Arms show last weekend that could maybe work on some BAE thermal. I got the impression he knew you.