• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army M24 Build Thread

I need some help putting together a deployment kit for me M24A2. I am not really looking for every exact item but more so to just fill in the empty spaces in my Pelican rifle case. The case i have is (472-PWC-M24A2 Rifle Case) that came pre-cut from the factory. Here is what I have so far:
mr_fullmetal The round cutout above the stock is for an OTIS Technology, Inc. cleaning kit NSN:1005-01-453-3783 Sniper 7.62/5.56

Attachments

• 20180723_021153.jpg
    20180723_021153.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 20180723_021807.jpg
    20180723_021807.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 242
mr_fullmetal The round cutout above the stock is for an OTIS Technology, Inc. cleaning kit NSN:1005-01-453-3783 Sniper 7.62/5.56

The rectangle slot directly in front of the scope objective is for ammo. I think you'll find that M118, M852 or Mk316 boxes will fit that perfectly. Commercial ammo cartons are a bit larger and won't fit. The rectangle slot under the butt stock is for the sling.

Reactions: lockedandloaded
Probably for the PVS-22 UNS, and PEQ-2A laser?

L-shaped cutout is for the bolt with extended tactical knob

Vertical slots for detachable magazines

What suppressor is that?

thanks for the reply guys. Any guess what goes in the bottom right corner?
That large pocket is undoubtedly for a Deployment Kit though I don' t know what container goes in it. It's not a Pelican 1100 or 1120 for sure. Check this link out http://www.rifleshootermag.com/rifles/featured_rifles_essentials_030306/ Scroll down there is a H-S Precision rifle with a case that might fit that slot but I have no idea who makes that or what's in it. Your suppressor slot is cut for the Ops Inc. 3rd Model (now the AE M24 Suppressor) which is 12.5" long.

If anyone is working on a clone i have a badger m24a2 bottom metal with mag for sale in the accessories!

Are any Hide members in contact with Remington Illion, NY?

Any chance of a group purchase of remaining parts/accessories in inventory? After the rebuild program, they may own a large amount.

Lockedandloaded, I think that's an excellent idea, but I'm pretty sure the rifles came out of the Custom Shop in South Dakota, that might be the best place to start emailing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmyJerry
Hello guys,
I'm also trying to complete my m24. It came from Remington just as a rifle with sling and scope bases. And of course with the iron sight bases. I have the rifle topped with a leupold mark 4 with m3 knobs. I would like to find a m118lr bdc turret for the m4. Right now it just has the civilian 168g 308 turret, and it turns counter clockwise to move the elevation. The older m3 ultras I believe turn clockwise. I'm also looking for a complete deployment kit, and in the kit should be a spare elevation knob. I have contacted leupold directly for the bdc cam and they don't have any spares. And the custom shop said that they can't reproduce the original markings. But they can't get the right dope. I will contact Remington and see what they say. Maybe they have deployment kits available? ?

If anyone else has input to get me on the right path I would be grateful.
Thanks
P

Pierce, the deployment kits seem to be as rare as hens teeth and if they are for sale, the price is ridiculous. As for the m118lr bdc turret, I can ask around, keep checking on GB and ebay. My first M24r's was the rifle only as well, in actuality these were pretty rare I'm told as a lot either came with scope and deployment kit or the full meal deal. Also I believe a lot of the M24r's came out of the custom shop in S. Dakota might be the best place to start calling.

Pierce, the deployment kits seem to be as rare as hens teeth and if they are for sale, the price is ridiculous. As for the m118lr bdc turret, I can ask around, keep checking on GB and ebay. My first M24r's was the rifle only as well, in actuality these were pretty rare I'm told as a lot either came with scope and deployment kit or the full meal deal. Also I believe a lot of the M24r's came out of the custom shop in S. Dakota might be the best place to start calling.

Thanks for the help,
-P

Thanks for the help,
-P
Both my Ultras have the old M118 turret, I did check my deployment kit and the spare elevation turret is just a generic 168 grain turret. I don't think the the 118lr came out until 1995 at which time they were ending the production of the original ultras.

Both my Ultras have the old M118 turret, I did check my deployment kit and the spare elevation turret is just a generic 168 grain turret. I don't think the the 118lr came out until 1995 at which time they were ending the production of the original ultras.
Thanks mjh30! Thanks for the insight on the spare elevation dial in the deployment kit. I have the newer mark 4 m3 10x40 LR/T. I'm curious if the m118lr m3 dial will work on the newer scope. As my elevation know turns counterclockwise. And I think the old M118 m3 dial turns clockwise.

Attachments

• 15349866385562055763179.jpg
    15349866385562055763179.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 297
Went out shooting this past weekend and finally got some time behind my 10x mark 4. I’ve shot my m24 before with irons and a target scope but never really shot the gun as it would have been used/issued. All in all I was very please and quite impressed what these guns are capable of. My brother has one as well and his shoots like a laser beam too. The majority of the shots were with handloads, 175 smk w/ 43grs of varget, and the two groups at the 8 & 9 o’clock position were with 168 FGMM. All shots at 100yds. The group in the black was supposed to be on the black sticky at 3 o’clock but I incorrectly adjusted the scope after getting it on paper. Obviously you can tell which ones were sighters and 3/5 shot groups.

Attachments

• 844F797C-B9BF-4AA3-8843-98AA36754DDF.jpeg
    844F797C-B9BF-4AA3-8843-98AA36754DDF.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 308
Hello guys,
I'm also trying to complete my m24. It came from Remington just as a rifle with sling and scope bases. And of course with the iron sight bases. I have the rifle topped with a leupold mark 4 with m3 knobs. I would like to find a m118lr bdc turret for the m4. Right now it just has the civilian 168g 308 turret, and it turns counter clockwise to move the elevation. The older m3 ultras I believe turn clockwise. I'm also looking for a complete deployment kit, and in the kit should be a spare elevation knob. I have contacted leupold directly for the bdc cam and they don't have any spares. And the custom shop said that they can't reproduce the original markings. But they can't get the right dope. I will contact Remington and see what they say. Maybe they have deployment kits available? ?

If anyone else has input to get me on the right path I would be grateful.
Thanks
P

Leupold Stevens discontinued manufacturing BDC dials for the Ultra series scope many decades ago.

Attachments

• 20181020_225816.jpg
    20181020_225816.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 282
To be honest, that reply doesnt make sense as they were still making the M3A Ultra then, I'm pretty sure it was 1995 or later before they stopped making the Ultra. Don't know why she would state they stopped making them years ago when they were still making the scopes

To be honest, that reply from Leupold doesnt make sense as they were still making the M3A Ultra then, I'm pretty sure it was 1995 or later before they stopped making the Ultra. Don't know why she would state they stopped making them years ago when they were still making the scopes

Reactions: f2504x4
Leupold Stevens discontinued manufacturing BDC dials for the Ultra series scope many decades ago.
I actually joined this site to sell some old M24 parts I have around but need 100 posts. Let me know what you guys are after and I will dig through the kits I have. Not looking for a killing for it but want it in the hands of those who will use it.

I actually joined this site to sell some old M24 parts I have arou
I actually joined this site to sell some old M24 parts I have around but need 100 posts. Let me know what you guys are after and I will dig through the kits I have. Not looking for a killing for it but want it in the hands of those who will use it.
Picture added.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 431
Reactions: Usmcflamethrower
I could use a firing pin, Allen wrench set. sun shield for the scope. Extra rings
Scope rings or turret rings? Don't have scope mounting rings and were not part of the deployment kit. Honestly you are better just putting an Allen wrench set together from Lowes or something off a listing in the TM. I am going to try to make two decent partial sets rather than going part by part. I do have a stray firing pin, sunshade (some camo paint on it) and a follower and spring. Also action screws and a few other items. Really have no idea on prices. Make an offer and I will do some research. Like I said not trying to make a fortune but saving for a project build.

To be honest, that reply doesnt make sense as they were still making the M3A Ultra then, I'm pretty sure it was 1995 or later before they stopped making the Ultra. Don't know why she would state they stopped making them years ago when they were still making the scopes

I have a 1992 L&S brochure for Law Enforcement Products showing the Mark 4 M3-10X with the 7.62mm NATO M118 round 173gr. at 2,550 ft./sec. The 168gr. dial is not listed.

Can't recall the exact years they switched from laser-etched reticles to wire-formed reticles, and clockwise to counter clockwise dial rotation?

I have a rare AICS 2.0 Stock that was Specifically built for the M24 program that I may be letting go at a good price.
If anyone is interested PM me.

I have a 1992 L&S brochure for Law Enforcement Products showing the Mark 4 M3-10X with the 7.62mm NATO M118 round 173gr. at 2,550 ft./sec. The 168gr. dial is not listed.

Can't recall the exact years they switched from laser-etched reticles to wire-formed reticles, and clockwise to counter clockwise dial rotation?
That really was a great scope for the time but the 173 grain M118 was junk. Seems odd that they were pushing that LE guys when they would not be shooting NATO ammo and still lean toward the 168 grain today. At least according to the LE snipers I know.

Reactions: M.Born28
Lockedandloaded didnt know that Leupold had made the mk4 m3 that early. But it makes sense since they basically stopped making the m3a ultra around 1993.

Okay sorry for the delay. Work has been hell combined with a broken windshield and a tree falling on my shed. Anyway I did get the parts split out and the pictures are below. Kit one (first picture) is the most complete with newest parts. None of these kits are complete by the TM but you should be able to see pretty well what is there in the pictures. Kit two is less complete and kit three is left overs but all functional.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 339
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 299
Now that they are up I WILL stay on here regularly for questions but PMs will be best to keep the board clean.

Alright right got a little teaser, M24A3ish. Since I have more .308’s than I can shake a stick at I decided in needed something more “practical “ like...a .300WM, Lol!

B7C9C3CE-4F8F-4094-8AFA-8BAF14D14B3B.jpeg

She has about 100 rounds of A191 down the pipe and at 16lbs it’s not bad but you know you been shooting.

Here is a side by side of MOD 0 vs MOD 1, looks like she prefers the 190’s a bit more, then again it could be that recoil, those 220’s are shout!

9F472576-B949-41BE-B872-B4BD774FC552.jpeg

I’m also thinking about putting something else on the muzzle, as I’ve had issues with this SF brake before, it shoots fine when suppressed but I think it’s producing some weird turbulence when unsuppressed. 3 rifles now and it’s alway the same trend. However I just wasn’t that eager to hop down behind those 220’s without a brake.

Last edited:
Alright right got a little teaser, M24A3ish. Since I have more .308’s than I can shake a stick at I decided in needed something more “practical “ like...a .300WM, Lol!

View attachment 6978364

She has about 100 rounds of A191 down the pipe and at 16lbs it’s not bad but you know you been shooting.

Here is a side by side of MOD 0 vs MOD 1, looks like she prefers the 190’s a bit more, then again it could be that recoil, those 220’s are shout!

View attachment 6978365

I’m also thinking about putting something else on the muzzle, as I’ve had issues with this SF brake before, it shoots fine when suppressed but I think it’s producing some weird turbulence when unsuppressed. 3 rifles now and it’s alway the same trend. However I just wasn’t that eager to hop down behind those 220’s without a brake.

If you ever decide to sell that rifle please for the love of God tell me first. Thanks ??

If you ever decide to sell that rifle please for the love of God tell me first. Thanks ??

Lol, I probably won’t be letting go of this one! Interestingly I was struck with another idea about my accuracy issues after I changed out the SF brake for a B.E. Meyers FH and groups still hovered around that 0.75-1.0 MOA mark. I remembered an interesting phenomenon I had with a Mk13 MOD 5 I had back in 12'. The nut of the story is out of the 8 mags issued with the rifle one would shoot a solid 0.25 MOA groups with one particular AI mag, another 4 were like 0.5-0.75ish and 2 others were 1.0-1.5 MOA. Simply by swapping mags you could go from 0.25 to 1.5 and back again. Best I could com up with regarding that Mk13 was different mags were asserting different pressures on the bolt body and effecting accuracy. Since I have a mountain of A191 and AI .300WM mags I decided to play a little game, up until this point I've only really used one mag. Low and behold, out of the 10 mags i brought to the range, mags #3,4 and 7 produced groups that were notably better. I then re-shot #3, 4 and 7 and seen here...

6F348FAA-19E7-4B91-98BD-094AC9992C4A.jpeg

Now that one flyer on the second group (Mag #4, I was getting tired) was totally me but as you can see it there is a certainly a trend here and totally repeatable, switching back to mag #1 produces the same 0.75ish groups I was originally getting. Now I'm not sure if its a Remington 700 / .300WM / AI mag issue or what but thats lighting striking twice now for me and its got my attention. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this in their M24's? I know most guys are running the .308's in the straight stock configurations from the M24R program but I'm interested in comparing notes with anyone running DBM A2/A3s or I guess even pre MOD 7 Mk13s for that matter.

Reactions: saddler