• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

As a long time gun enthusiast, I was about 3 when my dad first taught me to use a lever

Hunt4life

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2011
Action .22, with help of course, picked up cans all over town to buy a Remington speedmaster.22 when I was 7, again with dads help, built CVA Muzzle Loader Kits in middle school, and mowed lawns to buy my first SAVAGE 30-06 for $135 bucks in that same time frame. Since then a have bought and sold tons of rifles, shotguns, and pistols though mostly bought if you listen to the wife.

Always wondered why I have been fascinated with weapons of all types but mostly rifles, accurate ones to boot, until today. While doing a bit of research on our family tree, I got further back In my fathers family tree than I had in the past. Low and behold my great, great grandfather was a Member of the Montgomery Sharp Shooters in the CSA in the Civil war and was Injured In the battle of Sharpsburg, Maryland. Sharp Shooters were deployed at the very front of the lines to use their skill to bring the fight to the enemy before they got into range for the infantry, sound familiar.

Truly amazing what you can find in the past, I think that is as far as I can go back on that side but the next time I am in Georgia I plan to look into the confederate pension archives to see if I can get his parents names.

Well, I know it is not much info on bolt guns, but this mostly where I hang out.