• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury Precision Ordnance Sniper's Hide Edition Rifle

Stock Color choices from APO...
SABER-color-swatches-sm.jpg

Reactions: t8500shx
Any suggestions on bi-pod mounting for this rifle? Arca-Swiss, 1913 or just live with a sling stud mount? It seems like the first m-lok hole is not very far forward due to the sling stud location. Thoughts?

Maybe one of these: BT17: 4" 1913 Rail

When does the APO Saber M700 Saber Snipers Hide Edition Arca Spigot come out?

When mine comes I am going to add a 9" Rail to it, the MLOK has enough purchase and you can probably thread a screw into the Stud hole for that little extra

I think the HRD Gear model (Sold at MHSA so local for me) has enough room to add it how you see fit

rs=w:600,h:600

Reactions: Weatherby_Eyebrow
When mine comes I am going to add a 9" Rail to it, the MLOK has enough purchase and you can probably thread a screw into the Stud hole for that little extra

I think the HRD Gear model (Sold at MHSA so local for me) has enough room to add it how you see fit

rs=w:600,h:600

I like this idea and conviently MHSA is local-ish also! Any reason the 9” over the 11”? I got this pick from buddies rifle, same handguard I believe. I was thinking i might have to drill one extra hole toward the chamber end since the mlok holes dont go that far back. This would give more room for baricade stops was my thought.

One idea for a longer Arca / RRS spec rail:

Area 419 14" universal rail. The hole with the paint missing on the right is the sling stud. It looks like you can hit that plus 3 MLOKs and only have to drill 1 or 2 rear holes. The hole in the barricade stop is not usable as it overlaps on the interface between the rail and the frame.

Note: The rifle below is a standard Saber M700 not the SH edition. I can't confirm the hand guard will be the same length and have the same holes.

Additional Note: Magpul MLOK screw heads are too big to fit in the universal channel however Area 419 does sell a kit with screws that do fit and MLOK nuts you can order with it.

Last edited:
FYI,

I spoke to Shannon Kay from the PRS about this being accepted as a production model rifle and he sent me this:

Frank,

Thank you for reaching out - this year instead of trying to maintain a list which is ever changing due to new rifles/scopes that come out we have set guidelines for the production class. If the rifle and scope meet the 2k a piece threshold and a combined limit of $4K it would be good to go for Production as long as it meets the following guidelines. Hope that things are going well! We are busy as ever but hopefully things will start to settle as I retire.

2.3 Bolt Gun - Production Division The PRS Production Division was created to encourage growth to our shooting community from outside our ranks by allowing shooters the opportunity to compete in PRS events without being disadvantaged due to equipment. In order to accomplish this we have set limits on the original cost of your rifle and the optic. All other equipment that can be mounted to or added to your rifle that doesn’t significantly increase accuracy will be considered accessories and will not be regulated. We want shooters to be able to buy new equipment or pick up a new item off a prize table and be able to use it without the fear of being disqualified from the Production Division.

2.3.1 Production Division combined rifle and optic MSRP as listed on the company’s website shall not exceed $4,000 USD, the rifle shall not exceed $2,000 USD and the optic shall not exceed $2,000 USD.

2.3.2 Rifle: For the purpose of the Production Division, a rifle is defined as the original manufacturers configuration of a complete firearm which will be comprised of at least but not limited to the following: stock with bottom metal or chassis, a complete action, a barrel and a trigger mechanism.
2.3.3 Optics: For the purpose of the Production Division, an optic is defined as a magnified optical system capable of safely engaging targets at various ranges through the use of an internal reticle and or adjustable turrets.
2.3.4 Accessories: For the purpose of the Production Division, the following items are considered accessories and will not be regulated or prohibited from being used on or in conjunction with your production rifle: muzzle brakes, silencers, barricade stops/blocks, custom paint, rings, red dot sights, bags, pads, bipods, rails, zoom levers, data card holders, bolt knobs, bubble level, etc.
2.3.5 Ammunition: No Restrictions. Any and all types of factory ammunition or hand loaded ammo is allowed.
2.3.6 Production Division Rifles will not exceed a caliber of .30 or a velocity of 3,200 fps. A match DQ will result any rounds over the speed limit of 3,200 fps (+/- 32 fps for environmental factors and equipment discrepancies).
2.3.7 Match Officials may request at any point during a match that a competitor fire their rifle through chronograph. If the bullet exceeds the 3,200 fps speed limit, the shooter will receive an automatic match DQ.
2.3.8 Enforcement: The PRS WILL NOT maintain a list of authorized rifles or optics due to the dynamics of the ever changing cycle of revised models, new products, and upgrades being released by manufactures. Match Directors are responsible for addressing and enforcing the Production Division regulation matters if and when they arise on a case by case basis.
2.3.9 COF: Production Division shooters will shoot the same COF as Open Division.
2.3.10 Production Division Exceptions: • If your production rifle came standard without a threaded barrel, you may have a qualified gunsmith remove the barrel and thread it so you can run a brake or a silencer, provided no additional work is done to the barrel or action to “Accurize it”. • If your barrel needs to be replaced, it must be sent back to the original manufacture for a replacement barrel of equal value. Aftermarket pre-fit barrels, or a new barrel from a custom shop are not allowable replacements. • You may safely tune your original trigger but replacement triggers are not allowed. • You may glass bed rifles.

this should allow the rifle to be used in the production class

I would be so in the market for this in 5.56 to use as a trainer, club match rifle. Any idea if APO can make this happen?

Hey guys this is Matt with APO and i wanted to give you guys some updates. With APO's Sniper's Hide Special Edition rifles starting to roll out of production I thought we'd share a couple of test targets from standard rifle barreled action in 6.5 Creedmoor. Note that these are 5-shot Sub-MOA groups with less than a box of Hornady factory ammo down the bore! With good continued barrel break-in by the customer these rifles will produce mighty fine groups!

Attachments

• Snipers Hide Special Edition Rifle -1.jpg
    Snipers Hide Special Edition Rifle -1.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Snipers Hide Special Edition Rifle -2.jpg
    Snipers Hide Special Edition Rifle -2.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 20190409_100322.jpg
    20190409_100322.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 282
Don’t I know it!
APO does offer a couple of different options for a training rifles in 5.56/.223 Please give the shop a call 434.296.8600 or feel free to email the sales team, we will be happy to get you info on what your looking for.

Hey guys this is Matt with APO and i wanted to give you guys some updates. With APO's Sniper's Hide Special Edition rifles starting to roll out of production I thought we'd share a couple of test targets from standard rifle barreled action in 6.5 Creedmoor. Note that these are 5-shot Sub-MOA groups with less than a box of Hornady factory ammo down the bore! With good continued barrel break-in by the customer these rifles will produce mighty fine groups!

Looking good! Welcome to the Hide, i knew it was only a matter of time before you guys turned up here!

@MADMATZ is there a possiblity you could post photos of the completed rifles in the different colors when they're done?

Hey guys just a quick update that first few rifles ordered are shipping out first of next week to there new homes! I have also seen some questions about which Trigger Tech trigger was spec'd. Sniper's Hide Special Edition SABER M700 ERT Precision Rifles come standard with Trigger Tech's "Primary Trigger" set to a crisp clean 3 pound pull weight. They are nice!

Attachments

• 26912.jpeg
    26912.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: Bayhawk21
Sniper's Hide Special Edition SABER M700 ERT Precision Rifles come standard with Trigger Tech's "Primary Trigger" set to a crisp clean 3 pound pull weight. They are nice!

Is there flexibility in selecting a flat vs curved trigger without incurring a significant additional expense?

Very nice! Still new to this skill, and I am trying to sort out what works. Good to know that Frank has put together a system that is based on all his expertise. I'll be jumping on this... would save me a lot of money I think.

Ephram M.

Reactions: Weatherby_Eyebrow
Does anyone know what the lead time is on one? I have a class at MH with Frank the end of July and would like to take a bolt gun instead of my JP!!

Just put my order in.

Standard package, 6.5 Creedmoor, changed out the brake for the one that will mount my suppressor.

Amazing customer service. A true pleasure dealing with this company. I believe I spoke with Mr. David Myles - great guy!

Hopefully I’ll have it in hand in a month or so. Looking forward to it!

Ephram M.

Last edited:
I did not see the tactical bolt handle in the configurator. Does it automatically come with the High Precision ½ MOA Package - II?

I did not see the tactical bolt handle in the configurator. Does it automatically come with the High Precision ½ MOA Package - II?

I do not believe so. When I went through the configurator, the accuracy packages, I and II were extra. But honestly, with the test targets that are coming with the rifle, that are basically 1 ragged hole, I am not sure that you need to get the extra package. Of course, it is nice to know that for those who have that skill level to take advantage (and actually notice the difference), that accuracy package is available.

For me, I am not so sure my skill level is at the point where I would be able to make use of the accuracy package. However, it is good to know that when I do improve, I can always send the rifle back to APO for the work. I guess that is the big draw for me, the customer support and upgrade ability from the company that made my rifle.

Ephram M.

Reactions: Davo308
Got mine today. It comes with a swivel stud up front instead of a pic rail. Not quite sure how to adapt this for a Revolution bi-pod. There's not even a MLOK slot up front on the bottom to mount a pic rail section close to the front of the rail. Waiting to hear from APO tomorrow. Any ideas out there?

And if you remove the stud and just use an MLOK pic rail Elite Iron has an extended version mount with a longer adapter
Thanks. That is now the intent. Calling Elite Iron tomorrow with the measurements. Not sure why APO didn't just put a slot there instead of the stud. Oh well.

Got mine today. It comes with a swivel stud up front instead of a pic rail. Not quite sure how to adapt this for a Revolution bi-pod. There's not even a MLOK slot up front on the bottom to mount a pic rail section close to the front of the rail. Waiting to hear from APO tomorrow. Any ideas out there?View attachment 7067072

This is how I'm running the area 419 14" universal rail and so far and it's pretty darn solid, no drilling. The right most bolt is in the sling stud hole after I removed it. The other 4 to the left hit each of the 4 M-LOK slots.

439885AB-AF06-4C37-9F7A-7345F6BED878.jpeg

Reactions: MADMATZ
Thanks. That is now the intent. Calling Elite Iron tomorrow with the measurements. Not sure why APO didn't just put a slot there instead of the stud. Oh well.

Please post a pic with your solution when you get the chance. I will be using a Revolution as well.

Ephram M.

Reactions: Beefmyers
I would get a Seekin MLOK the 13 pic one, it only has one lug, use it in the back and line the front hole up with the stud hole and put the last screw there.

Perfect! Thank you. Placed an order just now.

Ephram M.