• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlanta walk out

@Nimothy
(And anyone else this pertains to)

Do not post in cop threads again unless you have fully educated yourself with general use of force policies and continuum’s.

Calling cops murderers when they are following legal use of force policies and their training is tip toeing on cop bashing.
So is this going to be a new sticky?

@Nimothy sounds a bit like an anarchist. The cops are “oppressors” and such. What a bright future we’ve made for ourselves.

Reactions: MCSO1357
I think @DarnYankeeUSMC is basically saying that why would any law enforcement officer bother with any crime that is “less than” what has been happening for the last two weeks. Police officers have been watching statues get pulled down and destroyed. They have watched as people lit buildings on fire, looted, and committed other violent acts against people. Even the few police forces that made arrests, the mayors or DA let the violent offenders go with no repercussions except when it was somebody protecting their own.

If police chiefs, DA, mayors, and governors don’t give a shit about protecting the cities and peoples lives and livelihoods, why would an everday officer bother putting his body in harms way. Obviously they will get thrown under the bus by their superiors if something looks bad on camera. Why would you even take a chance that something could go bad at this point in time and risk spending your life in prison.

Its not that Rashard Brooks didnt get what he deserved in the end, its the fact that these officers are not getting what they deserve. They did their job and look now. Why take that chance at this point in time.

They made a choice. One that was well within the boundries of their training and job description. None of us were there, saw what they saw, or have a clue about what it takes to do their job every day, unless of course you're doing it.

It sounds like some here want to vilify these officers for taking another piece of shit off the street vs giving him a pat on the back and sending him home in a cab. If these guys have to second guess every decision they make before they make it because they're too worried about the perps having more rights then they do, fuck that. Or they end up dead, one of the two.

I guess if that's the point we're at, I'd hang my badge up too...

They made a choice. One that was well within the boundries of their training and job description. None of us were there, saw what they saw, or have a clue about what it takes to do their job every day, unless of course you're doing it.

It sounds like some here want to vilify these officers for taking another piece of shit off the street vs giving him a pat on the back and sending him home in a cab. If these guys have to second guess every decision they make before they make it because they're too worried about the perps having more rights then they do, fuck that. Or they end up dead, one of the two.

the one thing i’ve learned over my years on this earth is...that a warrior is patient and waits for the right moment. now isnt the right moment, so do whatever you can to secure yourself and your loved ones; in the manner that you deem best. stay safe out there; whatever you decide to do.

I just retired out of LE 6 months ago. I can't tell you how glad I am to be out. I really really feel bad for the guys in my office that are still on the job. Some are looking to get out, others are just putting their heads down and pushing through to get their 20 or 25 and retire. What is bad is there are good young officers looking to cut their losses and get out now. I really wonder what type breed will be signing up in the next few months/years.

I just retired out of LE 6 months ago. I can't tell you how glad I am to be out. I really really feel bad for the guys in my office that are still on the job. Some are looking to get out, others are just putting their heads down and pushing through to get their 20 or 25 and retire. What is bad is there are good young officers looking to cut their losses and get out now. I really wonder what type breed will be signing up in the next few months/years.

I have a feeling it’s going to be even more lived-with-your-parents-till-your-30s, never-been-in-a-fight, rioters-have-rights-too types. At least I feel like those guys are going to be put on the top of the list.

Hammer that nail boys!!!! It's working out fucking fantastic!!! Keep on keeping on cuz that's the way it's done.

Remember this. The people that make the rules and policies are not going to be there for you when the shit hits the fan.

Tell me, who's buying the groceries for Barney and Goober's families? Making their house payment? Car payment? And finally.... who's putting money in their commissary account?

Ohh yeah I almost forgot. If you get fucked by your local officials. Don't forget to check in here with us. I bet we can do something for your family through the GGWG!!

Hammer that nail boys!!!! It's working out fucking fantastic!!! Keep on keeping on cuz that's the way it's done.

Remember this. The people that make the rules and policies are not going to be there for you when the shit hits the fan.

Tell me, who's buying the groceries for Barney and Goober's families? Making their house payment? Car payment? And finally.... who's putting money in their commissary account?

Ohh yeah I almost forgot. If you get fucked by your local officials. Don't forget to check in here with us. I bet we can do something for your family through the GGWG!!
The people that make the rules and policies should be primary objectives. Maximum priority. Then we can deal with the rest.
Listen to this. The good part starts at around 19 minute in.

First intelligent thing you've said. Cus when the shit does hit the fan I'm pretty sure I won't give a fuck about rules and policies.

• Haha
Reactions: Sierra770
First intelligent thing you've said. Cus when the shit does hit the fan I'm pretty sure I won't give a fuck about rules and policies.
Actually when the ROL as we now know it completely ends,... true Law as intended by the founders and enforced by Men Of Vigilance, will restore this nation. The ROL as we now know it has protected the criminal an allowed legalized theft, via the tax system to the point the working people of this nation are the slaves.

If you think it's the first. Your reading comprehension needs brushing up.

If You think that I advocated for that guy to get a walk then your dead wrong. I was advocating for the two dumbass officers to use common sense but they couldn't because their EGO's were in the way.
Ten to twenty people with their phones out and waiting for the shit to hit the fan. Just a few days earlier half the city was in an uproar and the crowd was waiting for dumb and dumbest to give them an excuse to do it again. They spent 40 minutes with this guy. Calling in the supervisor could have bought them more time and would have put one of the upper command on the spot. One of the ones that makes the policies that dumb and dumbest have to enforce. But EGO stepped in and they didn't want to get called little bitches by the boys and they sure weren't going to back down in the face of the crowd. They were lucky that a few homies didn't jump in to help.
Ahh nevermind.
Keep pushing the rope. It's getting entertaining.

So if a I’m reading this correctly, cops should use their discretion as to whether it’s worth arresting this guy or call him a cab, or just let him walk home, should solders get to use their discretion when told to take a hill, or clear a city? Why should they the bad guys will just be back tomorrow or the next day? Where does a law or mission become mandatory or should everything be up for discussion?

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Everything is recorded nowadays so the old days of officer discretion that is being discussed is much more narrow that I think has been described.

Reactions: TACC
So tell me when you plan on making a house payment for Goober. How about making sure his wife and kids are safe?
So if a I’m reading this correctly, cops should use their discretion as to whether it’s worth arresting this guy or call him a cab, or just let him walk home, should solders get to use their discretion when told to take a hill, or clear a city? Why should they the bad guys will just be back tomorrow or the next day? Where does a law or mission become mandatory or should everything be up for discussion?
Could you imagine a sergeant calling up Patton and telling him “we let the Italians go sir because just around the corner the Germans are really being mean”.
You're just another douche that thinks I give a fuck what you think.
You do know that the chief quit her job over this? Well that's not really the truth/full story. She's not the chief anymore but she still collecting a city check doing something else. So what are the other fuckstains that make policy doing for these guys?

I am going to take another WAG and say that you prefer to push a chain instead of a rope.

What is being discussed is a no-win situation. Exercise discretion and let the drunk driver go because that's what the community demands? Well, guess what, the next night out he doesn't get caught and kills your grandma driving drunk. Then you as the officer are liable because you let him walk the first time.

Reactions: TACC and CStroud
I agree 100%
Everything is recorded nowadays so the old days of officer discretion that is being discussed is much more narrow that I think has been described.
Why? $$$$$$ and more $$$$$$. It's not about justice or penalizing to change behavior.
So the policy makers send out their drones to follow orders and hang them out when shit hits the fan. These two did exactly what they were trained to do and now their asses are hanging in the wind for??? The policy makers who are nowhere to be found.

Good Lord, can't anyone read anymore?
Call your supervisor and make him make that decision when you are in the no win situation.
These two were not in some vacant parking lot. They had a fucking audience of people that were waiting for them to Fuck up and they obliged.
What is being discussed is a no-win situation. Exercise discretion and let the drunk driver go because that's what the community demands? Well, guess what, the next night out he doesn't get caught and kills your grandma driving drunk. Then you as the officer are liable because you let him walk the first time.

And you can "what if" every action in life.
What if I hadn't stopped to get gas? Would I not be in this accident.
What if my kid wasn't sick on 9 - 11? I would have been in the first tower.
What if is a Stoopid childish game.

Reactions: gigamortis
So tell me when you plan on making a house payment for Goober. How about making sure his wife and kids are safe?

You're just another douche that thinks I give a fuck what you think.
You do know that the chief quit her job over this? Well that's not really the truth/full story. She's not the chief anymore but she still collecting a city check doing something else. So what are the other fuckstains that make policy doing for these guys?

I am going to take another WAG and say that you prefer to push a chain instead of a rope.
Don’t take it personally, it’s obvious to most adults on here you are a bit confused on how the chain of command works, if the low man on the totem pole is given a assignment, ie, go find people breaking the laws, or go take a hill the good guys do it, they don’t sit down and decide if they should really do it, it’s an order it’s not up for debate. That’s how the military, law enforcement so on and so on works

How many calls did patrolman take that night? A bunch I bet, there would have to be a supervisor for every patrolman to show up to decide whether that guy or this guy should get a cab? This guy only smacked his wife once sarge should I hook him up or turn him loose? Why not make everyone a judge so they can decide who goes to jail and who doesn’t. That would really speed up things.

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.
IN THIS SITUATION again IN THIS SITUATION.
Absolutely no fucking place in this entire thread have I advocated for every Tom Dick and Harry to be cut loose.
Use the fucking brain God gave you and maybe you won't be getting fucked by Bubba and your previous chain of command.
Comprende?
Don’t take it personally, it’s obvious to most adults on here you are a bit confused on how the chain of command works, if the low man on the totem pole is given a assignment, ie, go find people breaking the laws, or go take a hill the good guys do it, they don’t sit down and decide if they should really do it, it’s an order it’s not up for debate. That’s how the military, law enforcement so on and so on works

How many calls did patrolman take that night? A bunch I bet, there would have to be a supervisor for every patrolman to show up to decide whether that guy or this guy should get a cab? This guy only smacked his wife once sarge should I hook him up or turn him loose? Why not make everyone a judge so they can decide who goes to jail and who doesn’t. That would really speed up things.
You are definitely a retard. There's no other obvious reason for you to post this crap ^^^^^^>
Go back to grade school and take a reading comprehension class.

Reactions: Ravenworks
But THIS SITUATION happens everyday, drunks getting pulled over and locked up. You are playing Monday morning quarterback. If they knew the guy was going to fight I’m sure they would of called for more help. They didn’t so they where going to arrest him for breaking the law. Once he starts fighting should they have stopped and called a supervisor?

Reactions: seansmd
I comprehend everything you’ve typed, when the cops know shit it really going to go sideways call a supervisor and let him decide, when it’s a simple arrest go ahead and carry on. It’s obvious the angrier you get and more names you call people it’s because you realize you are wrong on several levels about this situation. It’s kind of how the Democrats do things, scream louder and call people names and it will make you right.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Fuck the politicians let the blue flu run for weeks or even months until they figure out they fucked up.

Go hump someone else leg.
You obviously don't have the capacity to comprehend.
I comprehend everything you’ve typed, when the cops know shit it really going to go sideways call a supervisor and let him decide, when it’s a simple arrest go ahead and carry on. It’s obvious the angrier you get and more names you call people it’s because you realize you are wrong on several levels about this situation. It’s kind of how the Democrats do things, scream louder and call people names and it will make you right.

Go hump someone else leg.
You obviously don't have the capacity to comprehend.
I doubt either of us will be offered memberships to Mensa, but I sure can’t see where you are coming from, anyway enjoy your evening beverage, good luck in getting a cab from the officer next time.

I bet you are a lonely sole, Very sad. Hopefully someday you’ll find happiness.

I was pulled over by a rookie cop that had a problem with me, and was becoming nervous and jerky....so I requested a Supervisor. It took 30 minutes before the Super got there, but in that time there were 4 more units there also. With 6 cop cars all around me, passers by must have thought something big was going on or they caught some big time criminal. LOL. All turned out just fine. No excitement. No cuffs. No fighting. Yes sir. No sir. Supervisors rule.

Ohh look. Another with a comprehension deficit disorder.
It was a simple arrest that flipped in seconds. Farcical to think a supervisor can attend every incident, especially something as clear cut as this guy getting arrested.
Yeah, every fucking day officers are surrounded by people with their phones out and videoing. Probably the same fucks that were burning looting assaulting and whatever else just a few hours earlier.

Sounds pretty normal and routine to everyone?

Okay I'll bow out because the intelligence level here has reached an all-time low.

For you boys in blue 💙💙💙.
Keep up doing what you've been doing. It's working out just fucking perfect.
Don't forget to check back with us after you get settled in.

I live in Atlanta. My building was damaged by the riots. Most of the protests were peaceful. Many of the people who damaged property were young white men. I witnessed it with my own eyes who was doing the damage. It was opportunists. I walked through the protests myself on two days and closer to the evening, I witnessed some people instigating others to do things like break windows or steal or key a car. Most people just protested, though. The news reporting forces you to conflate a protest with rioters. Rioters took advantage of the protest, as they always seem to do when there's no organization.

Right now, where I am, the streets are louder than normal. For example, people have been doing burnouts and racing up and down the street. Just outside my window last night, multiple cars drag raced up and down the street and then did donuts and burnouts... at midnight. An officer drove by shortly after and did not give chase to anyone -- smoke still thick in the air and the cars dispursing like Fast N Furious. In fact, lately I hear reving engines all night... to the point that I get woken up at least twice per night. If it's not revving engines, it's hundreds of 4-wheelers and dirt bikes ridden by young men without helmets (required by law here). They'll block intersections until they all can pass and weave in and out of cars. Never heard of anyone getting hurt, but if there was an accident I wouldn't be surprised if the person in the car who was involved gets swarmed and hurt even if it wasn't their fault.

Officers normally drive around town with static blue lights on. The APD officers still out have them off. Other offices still have them on, it seems. As far as I can tell, there are far less police rolling around than before. I live near an area where I see police often from multiple "branches". Since the incident being discussed here, I don't see them much. I don't see them rushing past my building once or twice a night like was common in the past.

IMO, the problem is officers - everywhere - are not trained enough. They go through a few months of Academy and then occasionally get some training on various topics of the day. Some officers get fat and unhealthy while others get mentally unstable because they aren't given time and a salary that allows them to decompress from what is one of the hardest jobs on earth. Just like specialist elements of the military, they need active, regular training to maintain a clear state of mind during high-stress situations. It's not like riding a bike... you must practice, a lot, to be able to discern if someone turns and points a taser vs. a gun at you while running away after being in a fight. Officers are NOT "highly trained" and whenever I hear that I get sick to my stomach.

We have thrown our police into the wolf's den with a sheep's clothing. They are NOT equipped to handle de-escalation, mental illness, or almost any form of combat. They often have to "fight for their life" instead of be capable of controlling any physical altercation. Some of them are so fat they'd die of a heart attack trying to protect their gun and if they had to give chase, they'd make it a block before running out of breath. It's not acceptable.

THE POLITICIANS have not equipped them with what they need to be successful. The union is also a problem, let's be clear. But the politicians - especially the ones that have been in office for decades - are the one's at fault here. They will be obsolve, of course, but THEY ARE THE ONES AT FAULT.

Also, I find it funny that the Chief of Police in Atlanta had to step down. But the Chief in Minneapolis, who kept this POS officer on the roster despite numerous legitimate complaints, is still on the job. And he took over for a Chief who stepped down because of an officer involved death. Weird... wonder why?

Edited still photo's from a video. Cherry picked at the right moment and it could make the police look like they were dancing the Watoosie around his body. If he had let the police cuff him, take him to jail, and plead his case, HE'D STILL BE FUCKING ALIVE TODAY!
You are more than probably right if he complied. I watched the full video. He grabbed the officers taser and ran turn it back and fired snd was shot in the back. Did not deserve to die though, he was running and there were multiple cops on the scene that could have ran after him.

But THIS SITUATION happens everyday, drunks getting pulled over and locked up. You are playing Monday morning quarterback. If they knew the guy was going to fight I’m sure they would of called for more help. They didn’t so they where going to arrest him for breaking the law. Once he starts fighting should they have stopped and called a supervisor?
Here's the rub, he was on parole so there wasn't a cab in the short remaining life he had.

There is an awful lot of what iffing here.
If a frog had wings.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda.....

Probably a hundred times on the Hide, in discussions about police hibatchery, I have said that what we have is a leadership failure.

For those of us interested, there are multiple examples of failing school classes being revitalized by the right teacher.

Failing sports teams becoming champions with a new coach.

Failing military units restored by a solid leader like Hal Moore at the Presidio after RVN. We have more recorded mil restorations than in the civilian world.

A new CEO revitalizes a business.

America is built on these success stories.

Leadership at it's best creates recovery.

There are daily examples of supervisors everywhere improving conditions and raising morale, in every facet of our life.

There are knowns that animal trainers can restore abused animals to healthy relationships.

Parents can get unruly children on the road to prison, back on track if timely intervention and appropriate attention is focused on the revovery.
Parents can raise excellent trouble free children with appropriate attention and leadership.

All leaders can restore and refocus units back to proficiency.

In both police and mil, the bad apples are removed, the standards restored and held. The low performers will raise their performance, and the top performers will shine. Like children, all these subjects ask for is appropriate leadership, clear concise guidelines, and appropriately applied discipline and reward.

Morale is critical. Units can maintain morale through the lowest of times when good leadership from bottom to top holds standards. And win. History records many examples.

All this comes from appropriate leadership. Leaders often sacrifice themselves personally to build units, the mission and men before self.

Parents give up "me me me" to properly raise a child.

Personal sacrifice in leaders is visibility lacking in todays troubles. Morale is almost non existent.

Minor shift here. Carping, bitching, whining, discord, anger, in a unit destroys unit espirit' and morale. The disunity seen HERE on the Hide would destroy any unit efficiency or family structure.
Anyone who has been an effective supervisor knows it and can see it.

The number of members often mentioned who took their experience levels once shared and left is one example of unit failure by destruction of a level of standards.
The number of members who advised s level of civility and were dogpiled is an example of what we see outside in the world where moderate leaders are shouted down and the average citizens being attacked.
The number of attacks against moderators (da po-leece) here is a microorganism of the larger world.
As is attacks on Frank's leadership.

Bad apples are removed. More from the bottom pop up.
The paradigm shift in personalities and values is very obvious here and outside.
The continued shifting seen here is more largely visible outside.

Khrushchev said, we will defeat you from within without firing a shot.
Much within here destroys the unity we once knew on the Hide.
Just like the disparity outside the Hide is destroying American unity from within.

The leadership failure is the biggest destruction from within.

The police issues are from leadership failures. And it's from the top down.

Perhaps in this case, IF the right supervisor had appeared on the scene, the Atlanta event could have ended differently. IF coulda.

In the Minneapolis incident, IF the right supervisor had appeared on the scene, the event should have ended differently. If shoulda.

In both incidents IF the wrong supervisor had appeared on the scene, and pushed the hard line take no prisoners, many of us believe the events would have ended even worse. If, woulda...

All goes back to leadership.
Shitty mayor whose personal aggrandizement is priority.
Shitty council. ^^^^^
Weak Chief, politicized... (or shitty chief)
Inadequately prepared under supervision. (Or shitty)
Inadequately prepared line level supervision. (Or shitty)
Inadequately trained OR properly trained but inadequately supervised officers. (Or shitty)

Or any combination of the above that leads to a breakdown in standards, discipline, and leadership.

All of the Above Parties, mayor, council, chief, supervisors, and troops CAN be the best of the best, and all it can take is one incident going sideways (Murphy) and they suffer the same shitstorm created or experienced by shitty leaders in total.

No one is immune to a shitstorm. The quality of leadership determines the recovery.
We now watch, waiting to see how the recovery goes, and our leadership will be more clearly defined as the events play out.

In the event of failure, at this point, leadership must rise from the bottom, starting with each individual, who willingly sacrifices some self for men and mission, who joins with other individuals who work together to recover the unit, to stop the destruction from within.
Leadership from the bottom up...

VR

If a frog had wings.

Probably a hundred times on the Hide, in discussions about police hibatchery, I have said that what we have is a leadership failure.

For those of us interested, there are multiple examples of failing school classes being revitalized by the right teacher.

Failing military units restored by a solid leader like Hal Moore at the Presidio after RVN. We have more recorded mil restorations than in the civilian world.

There are daily examples of supervisors everywhere improving conditions and raising morale, in every facet of our life.

There are knowns that animal trainers can restore abused animals to healthy relationships.

Parents can get unruly children on the road to prison, back on track if timely intervention and appropriate attention is focused on the revovery.
Parents can raise excellent trouble free children with appropriate attention and leadership.

In both police and mil, the bad apples are removed, the standards restored and held. The low performers will raise their performance, and the top performers will shine. Like children, all these subjects ask for is appropriate leadership, clear concise guidelines, and appropriately applied discipline and reward.

Morale is critical. Units can maintain morale through the lowest of times when good leadership from bottom to top holds standards. And win. History records many examples.

All this comes from appropriate leadership. Leaders often sacrifice themselves personally to build units, the mission and men before self.

Personal sacrifice in leaders is visibility lacking in todays troubles. Morale is almost non existent.

Minor shift here. Carping, bitching, whining, discord, anger, in a unit destroys unit espirit' and morale. The disunity seen HERE on the Hide would destroy any unit efficiency or family structure.

The number of members often mentioned who took their experience levels once shared and left is one example of unit failure by destruction of a level of standards.
The number of members who advised s level of civility and were dogpiled is an example of what we see outside in the world where moderate leaders are shouted down and the average citizens being attacked.
The number of attacks against moderators (da po-leece) here is a microorganism of the larger world.

The paradigm shift in personalities and values is very obvious here and outside.

Just like the disparity outside the Hide is destroying American unity from within.

Perhaps in this case, IF the right supervisor had appeared on the scene, the Atlanta event could have ended differently. IF coulda.

In the Minneapolis incident, IF the right supervisor had appeared on the scene, the event should have ended differently. If shoulda.

In both incidents IF the wrong supervisor had appeared on the scene, and pushed the hard line take no prisoners, many of us believe the events would have ended even worse. If, woulda...

Shitty council. ^^^^^
Inadequately trained OR properly trained but inadequately supervised officers. (Or shitty)

Or any combination of the above that leads to a breakdown in standards, discipline, and leadership.

All of the Above Parties, mayor, council, chief, supervisors, and troops CAN be the best of the best, and all it can take is one incident going sideways (Murphy) and they suffer the same shitstorm created or experienced by shitty leaders in total.

No one is immune to a shitstorm. The quality of leadership determines the recovery.
We now watch, waiting to see how the recovery goes, and our leadership will be more clearly defined as the events play out.

In the event of failure, at this point, leadership must rise from the bottom, starting with each individual, who willingly sacrifices some self for men and mission, who joins with other individuals who work together to recover the unit, to stop the destruction from within.

VR
I brought this up in another thread, in not so many words. Never saw a supervisor arrival on scene in the Floyd incident.

Just saw an article which said a 911 dispatcher actually notified a supervisor that they were watching the incident unfold on PD cameras and told the supervisor something didn’t seem/look right. Still, no one responded to the scene for an extended period. Failure to supervise will be the death of any department.

Reactions: TACC and j-huskey
If a frog had wings.

Shitty council. ^^^^^

VR

Totally agree we have a leadership issue. I will add we also have some personnel issues......especially when unions become involved. I’ve seen unions beat managers over the head so much the leadership takes a hands off approach. I’ve seen grievances for shit so ridiculous it’s almost comical.

Obviously not all unions are bad. But I have definitely seen them make their own bed.

Totally agree we have a leadership issue. I will add we also have some personnel issues......especially when unions become involved. I’ve seen unions beat managers over the head so much the leadership takes a hands off approach. I’ve seen grievances for shit so ridiculous it’s almost comical.

Obviously not all unions are bad. But I have definitely seen them make their own bed.

Very familiar with being beat over the head, eventually tired of that shit, retired from full time, and do mentoring.

Head beater got fired. I retired, he got fired. I gloated. Celebrated, threw a party... at the party, we wrapped his picture in a policedept shirt, and sacrificed it to Karma in the bonfire by the keg, perhaps inappropriately.... but.....

We didnt quite go that far, but the crew was several of the supervisors and troops who worked under him... and we did celebrate his firing.

As you said, he made his bed.
Stay safe.

Reactions: TACC
You are more than probably right if he complied. I watched the full video. He grabbed the officers taser and ran turn it back and fired snd was shot in the back. Did not deserve to die though, he was running and there were multiple cops on the scene that could have ran after him.
You're right. No one deserves to die. Him, the police, nobody. Once he made a decision to go down that path, outcomes multiply. I can't speak for what those cops were dealing with. Maybe they didn't know what the outcome would be. Maybe they wanted to go home to their families. Maybe they over reacted. Once resisting arrest began., the variables piled up. Anyone ask why he resisted arrest to begin with?

While no one can say whether they would or wouldn’t have shot him until they are in the situation, here’s what this person had without a doubt shown the officer/s here:

1: he does not want to be arrested and will get physical to stop it

2: he will take a weapon from an officer

3: he will use the weapon against the officer

Based on this, we have satisfied the means, opportunity, and intent, which is the basis for use of force justifications.

Any reasonable officer (key word is officer, not some non LE at home) can conclude if the subject is able to incapacitate the officer with the taser, he may take a more deadly weapon from the incapacitated officer and use it on that officer or another officer.

Honestly, the justification is only strengthened by several officers being there. As the subject has shown he will fight multiple officers and use their tools against them. Very real possibility if he takes one down with a taser, he will take another weapon to continue his escape.