• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlanta walk out

Ahh, the what if? The never ending " but what if".

Now pay attention. Who let this guy back on the street? If he had turned around and let them cuff him and haul him to jail. How long would he be there? Probably just a couple hours?
Yeah, the cops doing cop shit was probably the right thing to do. You've convinced me. NOT!

Your outrage is noted though.
Jeebus do you people have any reading comprehension? <<<Does that help get my point across? After stating it several times I would think that it's an easy path to follow.
so cops just dont enforce any laws then?.....or just not the laws you disagree with?

how about if you dont want to get arrested.....dont drive drunk?
how about if you dont want to get shot....dont fire a weapon at police?

none of this "oH CaLl HiM a CaB!" bullshit....if he knows that hes gonna get a free cab ride every time he gets pulled over for DUI, what motivation does he have to stop?

if you dont think DUI should be an arrestable offense....change the law.

but dont fault the officers for arresting a guy, in accordance with the written law....its not their obligation to "call him a cab".....its their obligation to hold him accountable for the crime he committed.

This is what I was pointing out. The cops are the shit catcher. Their discretion has been taken away by the fucktard above them.

So if those above them are deciding to not enforce their own laws why? And when/where is the police union doing anything to help?
Ohh yeah I forget. You're just doing your job.
The Police union doesn't set Policy. If the government is going to leave the officers out to dry, can you really blaming them for sitting back and doing nothing.

If you don't like it, feel free to volunteer and go show them how its done.

So it appears to arguments have fallen out here for a man who was suspected DUI:
1) get a cab/uber/relative to drive you home ( I'm ok with this in some instances, like stupid teenagers with beer in car. Best to let parents take care of it and not destroy their lives before they get started. If it's habitual, then throw the book ).
2) arrest him

Do I have this correct?
Correct? Possibly. There's a reason the officers discretion has been removed from them. IMO it's turned decent officers into drones. Just doing their job. No thinking required. When "X" happens you do "z".

In this case/situation. Probably the supervisor should have been notified and then sent him home in a cab or something.

In this case/situation. Probably the supervisor should have been notified and then sent him home in a cab or something.

question....why does this guy deserve ANY leniency? ....what makes him so special that he can break the law, and endanger lives, without suffering ANY consequences?....why is he not responsible for his actions?.....and why is it the Cops obligation to "call him a cab"?

if the next night he went out and killed someone driving drunk...and it got out that the police pulled him over the night before for DUI and just let him go...you really expect me to believe the Police would not be getting blamed for that?

Ahh, the what if? The never ending " but what if".

Now pay attention. Who let this guy back on the street? If he had turned around and let them cuff him and haul him to jail. How long would he be there? Probably just a couple hours?
Yeah, the cops doing cop shit was probably the right thing to do. You've convinced me. NOT!

Your outrage is noted though.
Jeebus do you people have any reading comprehension? <<<Does that help get my point across? After stating it several times I would think that it's an easy path to follow.
It not what if when it has happened SO many times that Officers, departments and Governments have been sued due to letting some shitbag go home who in turn kills innocents.

Its not what if when many states have laws REQUIRING an arrest for a DUI where an officer can be charged with a crime and sent to jail, lose their job, pension ect for letting a DUI go.

Would you let someone who robbed a convience store go? Just give him a break I'm sure he will just go home and head to church to beg for forgiveness on sunday?

The lack of intelligence and mental gymnastics of some of the posters here really makes me worry for our side.

question....why does this guy deserve ANY leniency? ....what makes him so special that he can break the law, and endanger lives, without suffering ANY consequences?....why is he not responsible for his actions?.....and why is it the Cops obligation to "call him a cab"?
Yea The guy was on his way to choir practice after he volunteers his time helping orphans learn to read.

Not like he was violent multiple felon out on parole due to COVID. This is the guy these retards hitch their wagon to. I'm sure THIS was the time he needed a break to turn his life around and become a saint.

Someone who is clearly incompatible with society and deserved to die BEFORE the cops even interact with him. No fucks given.

Coke, 1 EA.

so cops just dont enforce any laws then?.....or just not the laws you disagree with?

Ummmm, that's some serious deduction on your part.

how about if you dont want to get arrested.....dont drive drunk?
how about if you dont want to get shot....dont fire a weapon at police?

You've not been following along have you?

none of this "oH CaLl HiM a CaB!" bullshit....if he knows that hes gonna get a free cab ride every time he gets pulled over for DUI, what motivation does he have to stop?

So you're saying that people don't have multiple upon multiple DUI convictions because of the current laws? Fucking outstanding!!

if you dont think DUI should be an arrestable offense....change the law.

More of that reasonable deduction on your part.

but dont fault the officers for arresting a guy, in accordance with the written law....its not their obligation to "call him a cab".....its their obligation to hold him accountable for the crime he committed.

So it's the officers job to hold him accountable? I must be mistaken about how our justice system is supposed to work.

Listen. You seem to have not read more than a few snippets and your shorts are bunched up.

So tell me this.
The guy was in jail for assaulting children. The authorities released him because of some virus. They cuff and stuff him for DUI. How long before he's back on the street? Do you think that in this case at that time it was going to make a rats ass difference? Right around the corner they are throwing bricks through windows and burning shit. So please explain how a fucking DUI arrest was going to make a difference.

Reactions: gigamortis
Listen. You seem to have not read more than a few snippets and your shorts are bunched up.

So tell me this.
The guy was in jail for assaulting children. The authorities released him because of some virus. They cuff and stuff him for DUI. How long before he's back on the street? Do you think that in this case at that time it was going to make a rats ass difference? Right around the corner they are throwing bricks through windows and burning shit. So please explain how a fucking DUI arrest was going to make a difference.
literally makes 0 difference. its not the cops job to decide what the courts do.

thats like saying my mailman shouldnt deliver my mail because i throw most of it away....its not the mail mans job to screen my mail for me.

basically what you are saying is police should just not enforce ANY laws then...after all, what difference does it make? gonna be released anyways right?

Yea The guy was on his way to choir practice after he volunteers his time helping orphans learn to read.

Not like he was violent multiple felon out on parole due to COVID. This is the guy these retards hitch their wagon to. I'm sure THIS was the time he needed a break to turn his life around and become a saint.

Someone who is clearly incompatible with society and deserved to die BEFORE the cops even interact with him. No fucks given.

Coke, 1 EA.
Damn, are you really that dense? You better wake up and realize that YOU are being used.

You actually wrote that^^^^and think that him getting tossed for DUI was going to have him repent? Sheesh you are a drone.

literally makes 0 difference. its not the cops job to decide what the courts do.

thats like saying my mailman shouldnt deliver my mail because i throw most of it away....its not the mail mans job to screen my mail for me.

basically what you are saying is police should just not enforce ANY laws then...after all, what difference does it make? gonna be released anyways right?
Very slowly this time.

In this situation. Did you read that?
IN This Situation. Now go back and read all of what I have said in this thread about THIS SITUATION.
Maybe you don't think that the officers on the street should be able to use judgement? Is that it? They're too stupid to decide what is fucked up and when a different approach is needed?
Better to have mindless drones just doing their job?

Good for you

Damn, are you really that dense? You better wake up and realize that YOU are being used.

You actually wrote that^^^^and think that him getting tossed for DUI was going to have him repent? Sheesh you are a drone.

LOL, I'm dying here. You must have been a fun marine with a broken sarcasm meter. Like I can't even right now haha. Corporal autism over here. LOL

So tell me this.
I'm going to go with Never for $100, Alex. HAHAHAHA

Very slowly this time.

IN This Situation. Now go back and read all of what I have said in this thread about THIS SITUATION.
Maybe you don't think that the officers on the street should be able to use judgement? Is that it? They're too stupid to decide what is fucked up and when a different approach is needed?

Good for you
so.... in....your...infinite....wisdom.....which....laws.....should....and.....should....not....the....police.....be.....enforcing.....?.....

whos to say the police didnt use their judgment and thought arresting the piece of shit was the right plan?

well just because YOU disagree, well clearly the police did it all wrong....right?

Very slowly this time.

Good for you
Following the law and department policy does not make them drones. It makes them complying with the laws and policy's they swore to uphold.

Since you can do it better go down and join the ranks. They need people like you who can teach them the right way to Police.

I would like to see all PD go on strike in protest across the country. Let people see what "defund the police" would look like.
I think this might be the only thing that stops this mess right now.

Reactions: 338dude
@Nimothy
(And anyone else this pertains to)

Do not post in cop threads again unless you have fully educated yourself with general use of force policies and continuum’s.

Calling cops murderers when they are following legal use of force policies and their training is tip toeing on cop bashing.

To clarify, responsible debate on whether or not a debated shooting is/was legal is encouraged.

But in situations like this, labeling this officer a “murderer” and other such things only fuels the ridiculous shit happening out there. Especially when made with an obvious non understanding of law and policies.

Otherwise we will have to get rid of any such threads that can spiral into prohibited areas.

Hmmmm. I wonder why there's an image problem in law enforcement?
Following the law and department policy does not make them drones. It makes them complying with the laws and policy's they swore to uphold.

Since you can do it better go down and join the ranks. They need people like you who can teach them the right way to Police.
Could it be? Surely not! The "just following orders"? Ummmm, yes, it does make them drones.
so.... in....your...infinite....wisdom.....which....laws.....should....and.....should....not....the....police.....be.....enforcing.....?.....

whos to say the police didnt use their judgment and thought arresting the piece of shit was the right plan?

well just because YOU disagree, well clearly the police did it all wrong....right?
I am going to take a WAG and say that they didn't use any judgement at all. They were doing what they were told.

Again. Your reading comprehension is at a grade school level.
Maybe you can quote where I said anything like that.
I have advocated that there's alternatives. Now please go ahead and quote where I said otherwise.
I have erased nothing. It's all there.

To clarify, responsible debate on whether or not a debated shooting is/was legal is encouraged.

But in situations like this, labeling this officer a “murderer” and other such things only fuels the ridiculous shit happening out there. Especially when made with an obvious non understanding of law and policies.

Otherwise we will have to get rid of any such threads that can spiral into prohibited areas.
I do wonder if its due to sheer stupidity vs malice? I mean there are some real dumb shits out there who don't even know what the definition of murder is, much less how each state defines it differently.

Could it be? Surely not! The "just following orders"? Ummmm, yes, it does make them drones.

I am going to take a WAG and say that they didn't use any judgement at all. They were doing what they were told.

I have advocated that there's alternatives. Now please go ahead and quote where I said otherwise.
Or maybe, just MAYBE they took into account all the variables of the situation including a violent felon on parole , high/drunk in control of a 4000lb weapon who is of great risk to public safety and in accordance with their Department and State Policy/Laws, chose to arrest him.

I know that's really hard for you to comprehend but you should try. Maybe the Cops are smarter than you give them credit for. Its not like they deal with these situations everyday or anything.

Part of being an Adult is doing things you don't agree with. I disagree with plenty of shit my bosses and administrators push down. That's called life. Someone who was in the military should know this better than anyone.

It's been a hoot. I'll check back after I now a pasture field and mend a fence or two.
Probably have a nice glass of bourbon and a cigar also. Cuz well I gotta be a drunk to advocate for the PO PO to better job.

My point is you should fuckin try to toss the wallet on the ground or offer it up to not have to kill someone.
Dumbest statement ever.
Listen to yourselves. If you’re that itching “wishin a dude would” go do it, kill someone. See how it feels.
Many of the people you have been arguing with already know how it feels. That is why they know more about this than you.

You are in waters way the fuck over your head, and you haven't even noticed

You are the perfect example of the "Dunning-Kruger" phenomenon.

I do wonder if its due to sheer stupidity vs malice? I mean there are some real dumb shits out there who don't even know what the definition of murder is, much less how each state defines it differently.

I’m not sure. But there are many LEO’s on here that support the site and 2A in general.

Labeling them as murderers is a no go. A clue should be no Minneapolis police are walking out over the George Floyd officer, but Atlanta officers are over this one.

You fucking wrote it in this very thread. That's why. Are you that fucking Stoopid?
The authorities have/had no desire to keep this shitbird behind bars!!

Or maybe, just MAYBE they took into account all the variables of the situation including a violent felon on parole , high/drunk in control of a 4000lb weapon who is of great risk to public safety and in accordance with their Department and State Policy/Laws, chose to arrest him.

I know that's really hard for you to comprehend but you should try. Maybe the Cops are smarter than you give them credit for. Its not like they deal with these situations everyday or anything.
Typically its drunks and alchies who go through the mental gymnastics to defend drunk drivers. I'm just trying to understand why you think this asshole deserved a pass.
I am saying, Why The Fuck didn't they follow suit? Their bosses don't care. From the chief on up to the god damn governor! But they couldn't let it go??
Fuck dude. Is that hard to understand?

• Haha
Reactions: ken226
It's been a hoot. I'll check back after I now a pasture field and mend a fence or two.
Probably have a nice glass of bourbon and a cigar also. Cuz well I gotta be a drunk to advocate for the PO PO to better job.
Still waiting for you to tell us how the Police could have done a better job in this situation...………..

Roll around in the shit. I don't give a fuck. It's your image that is fucked up not mine.
I am giving you shithead's an alternative and you attack me? Really?
Take the shit up with your command. They are the ones that are going to hang your sorry ass out to dry. Hell, the chief fucking quit, well not really, she took another job but officers Fife and Goober are behind fucking bars for "Just Following Orders" do you get it? I am not your enemy.

Have a nice day asshole. I am going to spend some time on my tractor.

You fucking wrote it in this very thread. That's why. Are you that fucking Stoopid?
The authorities have/had no desire to keep this shitbird behind bars!!

I am saying, Why The Fuck didn't they follow suit? Their bosses don't care. From the chief on up to the god damn governor! But they couldn't let it go??
Fuck dude. Is that hard to understand?
Do you not understand the difference between Judges, DA's, Police Brass and a Beat officer?

Authorities is a pretty broad brush.

The Judges or DA's may be releasing shitbags back on the streets but that Doesn't some how magically change the laws and policies for the guys on the ground when dealing with a DUI, much less one with the type of history they would have had access to in the 40 minutes between initial contact and the shooting.

If the Cops let this asshole go and he plows into a minivan and kills a family then what happens to the Cop? Even if the shitbag just goes home and it gets found out about (logs and body cams), the could have been subject to being criminally charged himself or fired for not following policy. Maybe the COP has responded to numerous fatal car crashes due to drunk drivers and is doing his best to keep deter drunk driving to save the next life. You have no idea what or why they made the choices they did.

The only one to blame here is the dead criminal. He could have taken his ride and bailed right back out. He made a serious of choices that led to his death and he is the ONLY one responsible. These cops should be given medals and raises for removing this shitbag from the genepool. Who knows how many other lives and property were saved by ventilating this cocksucker before he could do more harm.

Your lack of mental ability cannot separate these things because you don't understand them nor do you have any attempt to look at the nuance of all these situations. Its realty sad we live in the best country in the world with access to the best education in the history of the world and some of you mother fuckers couldn't wipe your ass without a pictogram.

Everything you listed is true if it wasn’t past tense to the shooting. The dude was running away got shot twice in the back. There was no immediate threat when he pulled the trigger is the argument the da will use and if his trial is in Atlanta he is going to jail. If I were on that jury I’d go for a conviction.
Maybe they will call me. HUNG JURY!

Still waiting for you to tell us how the Police could have done a better job in this situation...………..
Last one then I am out.

Look back and read. They could have called the supervisor and said. Hey this fuckstick was booted from jail for child assault because of the virus. He's just blown a one zero. We think that he should get a ride home. Maybe we keep his keys so he can pick them up tomorrow.
Maybe you should come out and see.
There's alternatives. Especially when they are burning looting assaulting and all sorts of stuff. Twenty people with their phones out and their idea was to cuff and stuff.
Good fucking move.

Roll around in the shit. I don't give a fuck. It's your image that is fucked up not mine.
I am giving you shithead's an alternative and you attack me? Really?
Take the shit up with your command. They are the ones that are going to hang your sorry ass out to dry. Hell, the chief fucking quit, well not really, she took another job but officers Fife and Goober are behind fucking bars for "Just Following Orders" do you get it? I am not your enemy.

Have a nice day asshole. I am going to spend some time on my tractor.
I'm not a cop nor have I ever been one.

I am very critical and vocal of police bullshit, but this situation here, You have to be retarded to not understand why he was placed under arrest.

Reactions: 338dude and ken226
Last one then I am out.

Look back and read. They could have called the supervisor and said. Hey this fuckstick was booted from jail for child assault because of the virus. He's just blown a one zero. We think that he should get a ride home. Maybe we keep his keys so he can pick them up tomorrow.
There's alternatives. Especially when they are burning looting assaulting and all sorts of stuff. Twenty people with their phones out and their idea was to cuff and stuff.
Good fucking move.
What the fuck do you think the supervisor is going to say? He does not have authority to supersede law and policy. You think some SGT or LT is going to risk their career by telling a beat cop to break the law? You think anyone would even be dumb enough to ask?

Should the cops call their supervisor anytime they want to deviate from policy? "You know Sarge, I was gona arrest this rapist but hes a super nice guy and I don't think he will do it again. Mind if I just cut him loose?" If he does go rape again then you can pin the call on the supervisor who will be held to account. Plus fuck the victims, they don't deserve any justice.

What do phones have to do with anything? Do cops just stop doing their job when someone whips out a phone. If anything the multiple angles HELP the police to justify their decision making if they are going by the book. Good cops have no problem with people filming.

Maybe just Maybe arresting this guy who is out on Parole due to Covid, and considering whatever terms were part of that release (I have no idea) it could have sent him back. Usually violation of parole results in going back to finish your sentence. A guy who beats kids thinks so little of his freedom hes willing to break the law when he knows hes on parole, he clearly doesn't give a shit about his freedom.

No one here is agreeing with you because you argument is so pants on the head retarded, it cant be rationalized. You need help.

You've literally been saying the police should have called him a cab and not arrested him...do you not remember that? Or do you just not understand the words you are saying?

Calling him a cab and not arresting him because “he’ll Be right back out” Is not enforcing the law.

But then again.... you are certain they didn’t use judgement by trying to arrest a drunk driver...

Jesus this Is weapons grade retardation right here

Last one then I am out.

Good fucking move.
So should they call their supervisor for every encounter they have?

After all, they clearly don’t have the ability to use their own judgement.... so you’ve been saying

I went through the academy back in the day pre-Taser. We were trained if someone got ahold of our pepper spray in a struggle, that deadly force was authorized. Is pepper spray a deadly weapon? No. But if a suspect got ahold of it and blinded you they could disarm and kill you. We even had scenarios where we shot submunition after being pepper sprayed. We had lectures from high-priced lawyers telling us that we were covered if we did. Along comes Tasers. Same thing. Even if the cartridge had been discharged (in this case and Taser model both cartridges) It could still be used to incapacitate, disarm you and kill you or a bystander. "He was running away" doesn't matter. You don't have to wait until he turns around and attempts to attack you again. Remember, he attacked and got the best of 2 police officers and took a taser. The bottom line is this: This is how they were trained. This was their policy. This is 99.9% of every departments policy. If its illegal and wrong then the department, city and state need to change their shit. If that is illegal, what other policy is illegal you don't know about yet?

1592597780586.png

This doesn't mean you have to wait until the guy Tases you before you use deadly force. It also doesn't mean that once you are in the RED you stay there. As an officer you have to be able to go from BLUE to RED to BLUE in seconds as situation dictates.

I have sat on review boards for Use of Force cases. When you make a decision on whether or not an officer acted appropriately you only consider what the officer was doing at the time of the incident and the information he had. You dont get to arm chair quarterback it. I guarantee you NO ONE does it right every time.

If the suspect had took the Taser shot it at the officer and threw it down and ran, then that would have been a problem. But even then in a dynamic situation it all depends how fast everything happened.

Can't believe sober people would gaf about iether of the two dead criminals.

One was a good shoot the other got the poor judgement call out. Not that the end result bothered me in the least but it was a screw up in practice.

I was going to say a screw up in execution but did not want anyone to think I was a cold hearted basterd.

Career criminals are better off offed.

if the next night he went out and killed someone driving drunk...and it got out that the police pulled him over the night before for DUI and just let him go...you really expect me to believe the Police would not be getting blamed for that?
That’s the problem with this nation and I do believe this nation is gone! Accountability!! When someone does wrong, I KNOW, that being punished is THE ONLY form of teaching that works! This shit started long ago when timeout and all that started in raising a child. Then things immoral were allowed to slide! That lead to more and more and where we are at today! Pain IS the greatest teacher from beginning of time!

The voting base does what it's told...it's how your basic American sheep operates.

You cannot when them over...they have to be told what to do.

I know exactly what you were saying... whimsical is a start to describing it...

Bench

Oh I see, so your opinion is people are too stupid to know what good for them and need to be controlled. What is your solution? For the police to force people to act a certain way. Fucktareded would start describing it.

You clearly don't know what I am saying.

Can't believe sober people would gaf about iether of the two dead criminals.

One was a good shoot the other got the poor judgement call out. Not that the end result bothered me in the least but it was a screw up in practice.

I was going to say a screw up in execution but did not want anyone to think I was a cold hearted basterd.

Career criminals are better off offed.

The end result isn't the biggest problem. The problem is that it has been used to polarize this issue to a point, there is no longer talk about reasonable reforms. Its about burning the whole thing down. And my guess is privatizing it, to remove more accountability and make it a more potent political weapon.

Reactions: Snuby642
might be a bit disingenuous to claim that in that moment, the officer was thinking about how many times the taser was fired and that he was certain the taser was no longer dangerous.

5af5952f216c95302258e039bee50a76.jpg

I am not saying I would have shot the man, but claiming to know what is in the shooters head at that moment a joke.
Yea, and a DUMB ASS one too!

I think @DarnYankeeUSMC is basically saying that why would any law enforcement officer bother with any crime that is “less than” what has been happening for the last two weeks. Police officers have been watching statues get pulled down and destroyed. They have watched as people lit buildings on fire, looted, and committed other violent acts against people. Even the few police forces that made arrests, the mayors or DA let the violent offenders go with no repercussions except when it was somebody protecting their own.

If police chiefs, DA, mayors, and governors don’t give a shit about protecting the cities and peoples lives and livelihoods, why would an everday officer bother putting his body in harms way. Obviously they will get thrown under the bus by their superiors if something looks bad on camera. Why would you even take a chance that something could go bad at this point in time and risk spending your life in prison.

Its not that Rashard Brooks didnt get what he deserved in the end, its the fact that these officers are not getting what they deserve. They did their job and look now. Why take that chance at this point in time.

I think @DarnYankeeUSMC is basically saying that why would any law enforcement officer bother with any crime that is “less than” what has been happening for the last two weeks. Police officers have been watching statues get pulled down and destroyed. They have watched as people lit buildings on fire, looted, and committed other violent acts against people. Even the few police forces that made arrests, the mayors or DA let the violent offenders go with no repercussions except when it was somebody protecting their own.

If police chiefs, DA, mayors, and governors don’t give a shit about protecting the cities and peoples lives and livelihoods, why would an everday officer bother putting his body in harms way. Obviously they will get thrown under the bus by their superiors if something looks bad on camera. Why would you even take a chance that something could go bad at this point in time and risk spending your life in prison.

Its not that Rashard Brooks didnt get what he deserved in the end, its the fact that these officers are not getting what they deserve. They did their job and look now. Why take that chance at this point in time.
This ^°^^^^^.

And yes I would call the supervisor when shit gets sketchy. Then when they come to hang your ass. They can drag him/her right alongside of me.