• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Atomic match ammo questions.

Wasn't that banned by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty back in March of 1970?

If not, then it seems likely that the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty that went into effect in 1994 prevents the use of such delivery systems.

Back to the subject----

Atomic Ammo, IIRC is made in Arizona.

Have heard from several that like it for their gas guns (168grain).

But don't know anyone that has used the 175grain loads.

I have not tried to compare it yet with Black Hills or Federal GGM, so will be watching this to see what others have to say about it.

Last edited:
Federal and black hills seem to be hard to find. This seems like a good price. I have a savage 10tr 20 inch barrel. I am looking for accuracy but I'm not shooting competitions. Would they be goo db rounds to have or to fire for a while and to break in the barrel?

Buddies was clocking just 2200 fps with it in a jp lr 07. That sucks. It has a spread of over 100 fps. So for 100 yards it's fine but for long range it's cruddy.

i've shot the 168gr through both my JP LRP-07 and Sig SSG 3000 and got nice results out of both. saw this pop on the Midway email a day or two ago and may grab a box.

I recently bought 200 rounds of Atomic 308 in 175grain Match SMK. At MTC in Michigan we shot 10 rounds through 3 various chronos and for my system the round came out at 2570 with a standard deviation of 19. Not bad, but I was hoping for a SD of 15 or less.

FWIW - SD values for MV data are meaningless on the target; ES will tell you a lot more. In any case, am I hearing correctly; SD values approaching 20 and/or ES values over 100 fps? Those are the kind of numbers I'd expect from the least expensive .308 ammo I could find. That is really not so good. If that is the average performance of this ammo, you should be looking elsewhere. Palmetto State Armory has FGMM 175s in stock right now for a pretty good price, I'd buy some quick while it lasts:

Federal Gold Medal Match .308 175gr Sierra MatchKing BTHP 20rds GM308M2 - .308/7.62 - Rifle Ammunition - Ammunition

Alternatively, try searching for Black Hills with 175 Sierras at the following:

308 winchester ammo rifle

When it come to commercial ammunition, you generally get what you pay for. If the advertising and/or price sounds to good to be true, it probably is. The best idea is to buy one box of two or three different types of quality commercial ammo such as FGMM, BH, CorBon, etc., and see what your gun likes the best. Then you can watch online at AmmoSeek or GunBot 17hmr rimfire ammo to find it at a reasonable price and buy larger quantities of that specific ammo.