• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrick/ Autothrow Compatible scales

Fat Dark Earth

This is the way
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2017
St. Louis
Anybody know EXACTLY which scales are compatible with these?
Besides the FX120i & Sartorius…..
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Ya I meant everything else besides that one lol. Thanks though

I’m not sure there are any. I think Adam’s software has hooks that are written specifically for the FX-120i.

Curious as to why you are asking? The A/T and FX-120i work exceptionally well together.

Ya I meant everything else besides that one lol. Thanks though
At one time, one of the Satorius scales was compatible, but I think Adam is currently only offering software for the FX-120i. Your best bet is to contact him to see what's available.

At one time, one of the Satorius scales was compatible, but I think Adam is currently only offering software for the FX-120i. Your best bet is to contact him to see what's available.
I really appreciate it but I already have. That’s why I came here with my question.
I’ve owned the Sartorius and they’re too sensitive.
Ive made an FX3000i work with a Jimmy Todd drop but I took a chance.
I’m looking for anyone who has real world experience with a different scale than what’s being currently used..

I’m not sure there are any. I think Adam’s software has hooks that are written specifically for the FX-120i.

Curious as to why you are asking? The A/T and FX-120i work exceptionally well together.
Because there are always deals out there…😁 and I’m not above pinching pennies.
I don’t shoot for a living, to survive or in defense of the Nation.
So I’m open to saving a few bucks and I like to tinker.
I can’t be the only one willing to go outside the box.

But why? Just use what its designed to be used with.

All getting cute with it will do it cause you problems because you got cute with it.
Does it matter? Lol
I don’t have to have a reason do I?
or these responses are just non- conforming so it’s uncomfortable?

Look, I’m not trying to start shit here.
i’m asking a specific question.
you guys obviously don’t have an answer to that question. That’s OK. Why say anything then?
All this does is clutter this up with information that I’m not looking for.
I already know what the easy thing to do is.
I’m looking for an option.
if you don’t have one to contribute, please move on.
Thanks

I don't think Spife trying to start anything, just like me just wondering why you want to use a different scale other than the one Adam designed it to be used with.
Are you looking for more sensitivity?
Do you already have a scale that you want it to work with?

Reactions: Fat Dark Earth
Does it matter? Lol
I don’t have to have a reason do I?
or these responses are just non- conforming so it’s uncomfortable?

Look, I’m not trying to start shit here.
i’m asking a specific question.
you guys obviously don’t have an answer to that question. That’s OK. Why say anything then?
All this does is clutter this up with information that I’m not looking for.
I already know what the easy thing to do is.
I’m looking for an option.
if you don’t have one to contribute, please move on.
Thanks
When multiple, experienced people suggest that you not go down a particular path without a flashlight in the dark of night because there is a cliff at the end of it, maybe you should heed the advice a little.

Spife is likely one of the most experienced reloaders here on the Hide. Myself ? I've been doing it for over 25 years. What are we telling you about the Autotrickler/FX-120i combination ?

It. Just. Plain. Works.

Check with Cambridge Environmental for pricing. That's where I bought mine from 3'ish years ago and they gave me a pretty good deal. I think Adam set them up so that they sell the entire package now.

When multiple, experienced people suggest that you not go down a particular path without a flashlight in the dark of night because there is a cliff at the end of it, maybe you should heed the advice a little.

Spife is likely one of the most experienced reloaders here on the Hide. Myself ? I've been doing it for over 25 years. What are we telling you about the Autotrickler/FX-120i combination ?

It. Just. Plain. Works.

Check with Cambridge Environmental for pricing. That's where I bought mine from 3'ish years ago and they gave me a pretty good deal. I think Adam set them up so that they sell the entire package now.
I respect the man’s experience and your opinion as well.

I am no expert. Not trying to be one.
I feel my reloading practices are safe and provide me excellent results.

I’m well aware that they just plain work.
I have two full V3 set ups on 120s
prior to that V2s, Chargemaster‘s and I have manual dropped as well.
I get it.

I have access to a few FX-300i’s
I have extra parts to possibly build a few more setups.
If I were successful in setting one of these up all results would be verified on my current 120s.

I just have to say this is the same attitude that I’ve gotten multiple times when asking questions on the hide.
None of you guys are being ignorant. That’s a fact.
It’s very frustrating to have (even highly experienced) people tell you your idea is bad but don’t tell you why…
Respectfully,
that’s not the question i asked to start.

Cambridge and Adam were my first contacts on this topic.
Sometimes I just don’t take no for an answer.

I don't think Spife trying to start anything, just like me just wondering why you want to use a different scale other than the one Adam designed it to be used with.
Are you looking for more sensitivity?
Do you already have a scale that you want it to work with?
I definitely wasn’t trying to say he was.
I said IM not trying to start anything. I’m really not.
I really assumed this would be a simple question but that’s what I get…
I have a few used 300i’s I’d like to turn into powder setups.
that’s it.

Works the same with the fx300i. No difference, just wider range on the scale should you need it for other tasks.

I definitely wasn’t trying to say he was.
I said IM not trying to start anything. I’m really not.
I really assumed this would be a simple question but that’s what I get…
I have a few used 300i’s I’d like to turn into powder setups.
that’s it.
It will work with the 300i

Works the same with the fx300i. No difference, just wider range on the scale should you need it for other tasks.
Agreed, I would assume that any a&d scale from the fx-i line would have the same communication etc. (and the website faq seems to support that kinda?) I just doubt too many people have looked into getting other scales to communicate.

I also found this "Concerning the data format, the FX-i and FZ-i balances support not only A&D’s standard format, but also several other formats which might make these scales suitable as a drop-in replacement for older Mettler Toledo or Sartorius balances. However, the more recent SICS protocol was not implemented."

I dont think youre going ot find someone who knows EXACTLY what scales will play well with the replacement part adam made to go into the back of the scale. While the pin number may match I doubt thats any guarantee the module will fit other brands. Probably why adam stopped supporting the Sartorius.

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity, how many of those scales are even $100 cheaper?

Thanks
Agreed, I would assume that any a&d scale from the fx-i line would have the same communication etc. (and the website faq seems to support that kinda?) I just doubt too many people have looked into getting other scales to communicate.

I also found this "Concerning the data format, the FX-i and FZ-i balances support not only A&D’s standard format, but also several other formats which might make these scales suitable as a drop-in replacement for older Mettler Toledo or Sartorius balances. However, the more recent SICS protocol was not implemented."

I dont think youre going ot find someone who knows EXACTLY what scales will play well with the replacement part adam made to go into the back of the scale. While the pin number may match I doubt thats any guarantee the module will fit other brands. Probably why adam stopped supporting the Sartorius.
Thanks for that info. I agree with you. The fact he moved away from the sartorius had me questioning my thoughts.
I take all of this with a grain of salt and skepticism.
I wholeheartedly understand finding a Unicorn guy who’s done this may be tough but my confidence is pretty high that I can make it work safely with what I have access to.
Thank you very much for you input.