• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V4 vs supertrickler vs ingenuity trickler

I don't understand everyone having issues with the V4.
I use it constantly, and it's quick and I only get overthrows maybe once 30 drops or so (which I could eliminate if I really cared or wanted it to run a hair slower). If it does overthrow, I pull out the cup, use a finger to grab a couple of kernels and replace the cup.... it's typically spot on then. I then flick the kernels off my finger back into the hopper. Takes like 2 seconds... no need to do another whole drop.

I have three presets... ball powders, small stick and larger stick...

"Ball" (Staball 6.5, Staball Match, TAC, AA2200), "Small stick" (mostly XBR, H322 & N133) and larger stick (mostly H4350 and Varget).

I make sure the scale is always perfectly level (using the bubble level), and the ball and small stick settings are just tweaked settings after doing the original calibration (mainly tweaks for speed). For "larger stick" I made duct tape shims to go under the front two pads of the V4 (not the scale). The shims are a 2" X 2" piece of duct tape folded in half to make a 2" X 1" piece. When I'm running large stick I stick those shims under the pad to get the small drop tube a little more horizontal instead of angled down. This prevents the larger kernels from "tumbling" out in clumps.

Once I got the settings correct and saved them all, I haven't done a calibration since. No need. I just throw the powder in the hopper, choose the correct preset and dial in the charge weight. DONE. The first drop takes longer because it has to get the powder down the little drop tube. After that, they are always fast like normal.

SUPER EASY.

Basically, the bigger the stick kernel, the more horizontal the little drop tube needs to be so it doesn't tumble out in clumps. The more horizontal the little drop tube, the faster it has to spin to make the kernels move. It all works just fine. For giant kernels, I bet 3 layers of duct tape shims would be perfect.

-ZA

I don't understand everyone having issues with the V4.
I use it constantly, and it's quick and I only get overthrows maybe once 30 drops or so (which I could eliminate if I really cared or wanted it to run a hair slower). If it does overthrow, I pull out the cup, use a finger to grab a couple of kernels and replace the cup.... it's typically spot on then. I then flick the kernels off my finger back into the hopper. Takes like 2 seconds... no need to do another whole drop.

I have three presets... ball powders, small stick and larger stick...

"Ball" (Staball 6.5, Staball Match, TAC, AA2200), "Small stick" (mostly XBR, H322 & N133) and larger stick (mostly H4350 and Varget).

I make sure the scale is always perfectly level (using the bubble level), and the ball and small stick settings are just tweaked settings after doing the original calibration (mainly tweaks for speed). For "larger stick" I made duct tape shims to go under the front two pads of the V4 (not the scale). The shims are a 2" X 2" piece of duct tape folded in half to make a 2" X 1" piece. When I'm running large stick I stick those shims under the pad to get the small drop tube a little more horizontal instead of angled down. This prevents the larger kernels from "tumbling" out in clumps.

Once I got the settings correct and saved them all, I haven't done a calibration since. No need. I just throw the powder in the hopper, choose the correct preset and dial in the charge weight. DONE. The first drop takes longer because it has to get the powder down the little drop tube. After that, they are always fast like normal.

SUPER EASY.

Basically, the bigger the stick kernel, the more horizontal the little drop tube needs to be so it doesn't tumble out in clumps. The more horizontal the little drop tube, the faster it has to spin to make the kernels move. It all works just fine. For giant kernels, I bet 3 layers of duct tape shims would be perfect.

-ZA
There is a guy on here selling spacers and there on unknownmunitions.com as well. I bought them and wow they work great. Very easy put spacer in the back on the rubber knob it lofts the back up. They come in 5 sizes I think but so far 1 size is working with the 2 man powders I run. I'm very happy with v4

You arent telling anyone anything we don't already know. Countless hours trying to get it to work, better of shit canning it and buying something that DOES work.

Yea we did all those steps too, used custom 3d printed nozzles, feet dampners and even shimmed it. It was still a piece of shit for everyone I know who upgraded from an AT3. They either went back to the 3 , the V3+ IP or a ST.

Adam pretended for last 2 years nothing was wrong but the jokes on him. No ones gona buy his bullshit anymore. IP and ST will own the market. Might as well make labradar parts, since its not going to sell either.

Mostly H4350, Varget and N140.

Reactions: secondofangle2
You arent telling anyone anything we don't already know. Countless hours trying to get it to work, better of shit canning it and buying something that DOES work.

Yea we did all those steps too, used custom 3d printed nozzles, feet dampners and even shimmed it. It was still a piece of shit for everyone I know who upgraded from an AT3. They either went back to the 3 , the V3+ IP or a ST.

Adam pretended for last 2 years nothing was wrong but the jokes on him. No ones gona buy his bullshit anymore. IP and ST will own the market. Might as well make labradar parts, since its not going to sell either.

Mostly H4350, Varget and N140.

Maybe I just got a good one!!! LOL!!!

Reactions: Schw15
Maybe. Guys who have ran AT since the v1/2 couldn't get it to work, I couldn't, and Adam was not helpful at all. I'm glad you have one that works honestly. It was incredibly frustrating.

Maybe. Guys who have ran AT since the v1/2 couldn't get it to work, I couldn't, and Adam was not helpful at all. I'm glad you have one that works honestly. It was incredibly frustrating.
The v4 is my first autotrickler so I don't have any back ground on the others. But definitely a step up from my old setups lol specially speed

Just got another 1.9 Second throw. Could get used to these.....

20240109_160648.jpg

Yes, those are satisfying but rare. It was bulk drop which landed on the target, scale shows vibrator did not engage.

Which means it was a bulk overage. Because it's *trying* to stop sooner, whether you have a "bulk offset" programmed in or not.

So, it will be a rare occurrence. Better a measure of bulk tube speed than system speed.

Does anyone have a setting for the V4 for varget? Take a picture of your settings. I thought I had it all set, went to load the other day and was over throwing almost every round.

Does anyone have a setting for the V4 for varget? Take a picture of your settings. I thought I had it all set, went to load the other day and was over throwing almost every round.
I guess not much help but I did noticed when asking others what spacer they used for certain powders I needed up using a different spacer then they did. I almost think you have to fine tune each machine. But only had mine for a month.

What I learned is don't try to go crazy fast. I think my big tube is 6 and small is 6 and still throwing in 10 to 13 seconds when timed.

I would set them to factory settings and just calibrate it then set charge to 2.0 grains and run small tube and fine tune it to throw those 2 grains in less than 12 seconds and not overthrows that is advice I got from Adam

I guess not much help but I did noticed when asking others what spacer they used for certain powders I needed up using a different spacer then they did. I almost think you have to fine tune each machine. But only had mine for a month.

What I learned is don't try to go crazy fast. I think my big tube is 6 and small is 6 and still throwing in 10 to 13 seconds when timed.

I would set them to factory settings and just calibrate it then set charge to 2.0 grains and run small tube and fine tune it to throw those 2 grains in less than 12 seconds and not overthrows that is advice I got from Adam
using this much aftermarket gear and finagling with settings is hardly what end users want in a premium product. sold mine to go v3 + IP

Reactions: secondofangle2
using this much aftermarket gear and finagling with settings is hardly what end users want in a premium product. sold mine to go v3 + IP
I understand that 100% not saying it's perfect but just trying to help him. I think the v4 is a good unit with spacers and time with settings so far. I think there could of been some changes to make it better. Unfortunately the v3 is gone and finding used can be hard I decided to go v4 because I was tired of waiting to buy one. The new IP looks awesome and prolly the best but more money and more waiting which I've waited for over 1 year to buy something to make it faster.

I just loaded 50 and played with the settings and made it faster ect and I still didn't have many over throws at all. Maybe look into spacers