• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V3 - CE Products?

Question for any folks running just the autotrickler system:
How are you manually dispensing the initial powder charge - with a scoop or some other method?

I have an autotrickler coming (not the auto throw). I currently use a Harrell Culver dispenser and Redding trickler. I was wondering if anyone has rigged a way to attach a Lyman or RCBS thrower to the top of the A&D scale cover, and manually dispense the first charge and then let the auto trickler do its thing.

Last edited:
How are you manually dispensing the initial powder charge - with a scoop or some other method?

I have an autotrickler coming (not the auto throw). I currently use a Harrell Culver dispenser and Redding trickler. I was wondering if anyone has rigged a way to attach a Lyman or RCBS thrower to the top of the A&D scale cover, and manually dispense the first charge and then let the auto trickler do it's thing.
What you can do is zero the scale, remove cup, and then set the charge you want. Dump your charge in the cup and place it back on the scale, the trickler will then work up to your charge. It's a little slower but it works.

That’s what I do. Leave it unplugged while not in use. Calibrate at the beginning of every session. Although, I use it right away. No waiting.

Reactions: S3th

I have an autotrickler coming (not the auto throw). I currently use a Harrell Culver dispenser and Redding trickler. I was wondering if anyone has rigged a way to attach a Lyman or RCBS thrower to the top of the A&D scale cover, and manually dispense the first charge and then let the auto trickler do its thing.
I know 2 guys up north here that use a Lee perfect powder measure to manually dump most of the charge. Then they use the trickler to achieve the target. One fellow mounted the Lee above on a shelf with a clear tube down to the top cover. He has 3D printed a funnel that the hose attaches to.

EDIT: sorry, it‘s an RCBS unit. Here’s a picture...

99557575-AFBA-4848-B4-B9-6-C45-E41-D723-B.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PFG and spife7980
I know 2 guys up north here that use a Lee perfect powder measure to manually dump most of the charge. Then they use the trickler to achieve the target. One fellow mounted the Lee above on a shelf with a clear tube down to the top cover. He has 3D printed a funnel that the hose attaches to.

EDIT: sorry, it‘s an RCBS unit. Here’s a picture...

99557575-AFBA-4848-B4-B9-6-C45-E41-D723-B.jpg
Now my wheels are turning. Is there a way you can help me get in contact with the guy who 3D printed the funnel?

Last edited:
Imo, I’m not sure a funnel drop from a manual powder throw is much faster than placing the cup into the scale by hand, and letting the auto trickle do its thing. Maybe slightly faster with a funnel/tube set up, but man - not enough to warrant the effort. IMO.

Here's another option to the hose etc.. I mounted a Lee measure permanently. I uploaded the files to Thingyverse if you want to print it. It works really well, there was a bit of work on the funnel to get it to drop so the powder didn't bounce out of the cup but it's spot-on now. There's also a knob for the thrower and a spacer to use with a thinner lid.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4762745
1614772898525.png

Reactions: 6MT and Scampo
Well mine should ship anytime now... I grabbed the 419 clear lid, cup/tray and trickler base... I can't wait to get this thing setup and sell my chargmasters.

Ordered from CE products 2/9/21 final payment 4/6/21. Awaiting tracking.