• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V3 - CE Products?

Doesn't it have to do with approval of Customs...since it is moving across the border...especially in the covid crap? You pay...they assemble....they apply for customs shipment...get approval...get UPS label...and then ship.

Or am I wrong here? I didn't think you could get pre approval of a product that isn't assembled yet.

Doesn't it have to do with approval of Customs...since it is moving across the border...especially in the covid crap? You pay...they assemble....they apply for customs shipment...get approval...get UPS label...and then ship.

Or am I wrong here? I didn't think you could get pre approval of a product that isn't assembled yet.
I could be missing something, but the shipping origin was somewhere in Michigan when mine shipped. Not sure how that works exactly, but it sure didn't seem like it had to clear customs.

yea...Mine did too...but do they assemble it in Canada...and then customs across the border...then ship it?

I could be missing something, but the shipping origin was somewhere in Michigan when mine shipped. Not sure how that works exactly, but it sure didn't seem like it had to clear customs.
If the country of origin is Canada or Mexico then it falls under NAFTA and it may be duty free, but it still will have to be imported. So fill out the Customs forms, ship it with a broker to a bonded warehouse where it will clear Customs and then can be shipped to final destination. If they shipped directly to you it would be basically the same process. Fee wise and paperwork wise it is probably easier for them to export several at once to a central location and then have someone ship to individuals from there.

Got mine all set up and to say the least I am impressed with the whole set up definitely worth the money.

I got my auto throw and trickler in last week, I never got a notice it was being shipped so I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up. It arrived almost 6 weeks to the day just as the backorder statement said when I place the order. This setup is awesome!! Love how easy it was to set everything up and put it to use.

I got my auto throw and trickler in last week, I never got a notice it was being shipped so I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up. It arrived almost 6 weeks to the day just as the backorder statement said when I place the order. This setup is awesome!! Love how easy it was to set everything up and put it to use.
Yea Adam is the man it’s super simple to put together and use.

I just loaded 100 Rounds of 300PRC with my new Autotrickler V3...dropping at 75.5gr and running it up to 78.0gr.... Geezus!!!!....This thing saved a ton of time and the extra decimal place just makes me wanna jump around like a crazed monkey.

I'll refrain from a formal review until after tomorrow...when I see shot accuracy on target....but let's be honest....if I miss anything...it will be me...

Actually...I'm looking at vertical spread at 1 mile....I hope this helps...and even if it doesn't....the thing is amazing to work with. Talk about a 3 minute setup. Adam MacDonald.....if you read these forums...I owe you a beer man....well f'ng done!

I just loaded 100 Rounds of 300PRC with my new Autotrickler V3...dropping at 75.5gr and running it up to 78.0gr.... Geezus!!!!....This thing saved a ton of time and the extra decimal place just makes me wanna jump around like a crazed monkey.

I'll refrain from a formal review until after tomorrow...when I see shot accuracy on target....but let's be honest....if I miss anything...it will be me...

Actually...I'm looking at vertical spread at 1 mile....I hope this helps...and even if it doesn't....the thing is amazing to work with. Talk about a 3 minute setup. Adam MacDonald.....if you read these forums...I owe you a beer man....well f'ng done!
What powder were you throwing I follow a precision scale Facebook group and this negative Nancy was taking how he couldn’t throw N570 and how he was lied to and the autotrickler didn’t work as promised.

I was throwing N565...which is minutely...and I mean minutely smaller than N570. One kernal of N570 probably weighs 0.03gr....so if he can't get it to hit exactly on his target...gee..I wonder why? I got lucky and guestimated the angle of the trickler pretty quick...and I had a slight adjustment on the speed bar/switch on the rear.

What was his complaints?

I was throwing N565...which is minutely...and I mean minutely smaller than N570. One kernal of N570 probably weighs 0.03gr....so if he can't get it to hit exactly on his target...gee..I wonder why? I got lucky and guestimated the angle of the trickler pretty quick...and I had a slight adjustment on the speed bar/switch on the rear.

What was his complaints?
I just went look to see exactly what his complaints were but he deleted the post but it was something about N570 gumming up the auto throw and that he couldn’t throw like 100 something grains.

Well....he may have a complaint on not being able to throw 100 grains....I was really far out on the adjuster to just throw 75.5....it may not be able to throw that much at one time...that is a hell of a lot of powder. But gumming up?....nonsense.

I bet...given some constructive feed back.... Adam could add a feature do double throw before trickle up to handle large volume throws. Set at like 48gr...throw two for 96gr and trickle up to 100gr.

I
Well....he may have a complaint on not being able to throw 100 grains....I was really far out on the adjuster to just throw 75.5....it may not be able to throw that much at one time...that is a hell of a lot of powder. But gumming up?....nonsense.

I bet...given some constructive feed back.... Adam could add a feature do double throw before trickle up to handle large volume throws. Set at like 48gr...throw two for 96gr and trickle up to 100gr.
I found it

Attachments

• 51654C48-3C24-4A60-B527-06DEB31BAAE5.png
    51654C48-3C24-4A60-B527-06DEB31BAAE5.png
    437.1 KB · Views: 75
I

I found it

it was reloader 50 and he tried to dump 245 grains

When I get back from my matches...I'll play with RL-33 and RL-50 in it...see what I get...but I'm not silly enough to try and dump 245grains...it does come with manual manipulation of the throw. Maybe....just maybe...throw 80gr three times...and then trickle up

When I get back from my matches...I'll play with RL-33 and RL-50 in it...see what I get...but I'm not silly enough to try and dump 245grains...it does come with manual manipulation of the throw. Maybe....just maybe...throw 80gr three times...and then trickle up
I was just curious because he was talking about shooting ELR and I now the 300 PRC is used for that and just wanted to see what you were throwing and if you had issues.

I would be very interested to hear your results with RL-33, that is what I purchased mine for. Adam did design a double (or triple) throw for the heavier powder weights, not sure if you have to program it in or if it is automatic (looks like it is automatic, page 11 of the manual.) Good shooting to you!

Last edited:
A simple tip.

If you sign up for UPS My Choice, in most cases you will receive a tracking number even before it is emailed or sent to you.
UPS My Choice, FedEx and USPS Informed Delivery will all send you notifications when something is shipped to your address. A must have in today's world of online shopping. All will let you hold deliveries or let you redirect them to store fronts for pickup. Best of all they are all free. I live in a rural area behind a gate down a long dirt driveway, we have gate pirates instead of porch pirates and knowing when a package is coming is a must.

Howdy b2lee, have you had a chance to play with RL33 yet? I would be interested to hear your report.
Thank you,
David

Reactions: b2lee
Howdy b2lee, have you had a chance to play with RL33 yet? I would be interested to hear your report.
Thank you,
David

So...you want me to get off the couch and actually do something today?....geez...I guess....let me go pull the RL-33 out...what kind of charge you want me to throw?

Reactions: bunny too
So...you want me to get off the couch and actually do something today?....geez...I guess....let me go pull the RL-33 out...what kind of charge you want me to throw?
Well if you are up to it ;) I am currently throwing 94.6 or 97 grains for my .338 either of those would work great! I appreciate you time and effort.
Thank you,
David

Ok...so I didn't mess with anything except changing the charge weight...as per our above conversation I typed in a weight of 245.30grains....poured in the RL-33 to the hopper and the trickler and let it run....It...all on it's own....dumped the first 76.0 grains...and trickled...and while the trickler was still running...it dumped 76.0 more grains.......and while the trickler was still running....it dumped another 76.0 grains...and finished off at:

RL33ATV3.png

I ran the test 5 times in a row....same weight every time...the kernels are big...but seem to be really consistent. There was no grinding noise on the wiper...there was no strain on the trickler...it was just like my N565 and Retumbo...and RL-26...and Varget...and....well you get the point...I was surprised it could auto sense that another throw would be well below the target and kept throwing until it reached near trickle up weight.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Oh..and time was about 15 seconds to throw those.

Well if you are up to it ;) I am currently throwing 94.6 or 97 grains for my .338 either of those would work great! I appreciate you time and effort.
Thank you,
David

94.6 grains was easy peazy...just unscrewed the adjuster out...and out...and out...heh...and dropped 93.5gr and spun up the trickler....If I were doing that a lot...I'd lower the initial another 1.5 to 2 grains and let it spin up more naturally. I just lucked out that it stopped quickly.

RL33_946.png

94.6 grains was easy peazy...just unscrewed the adjuster out...and out...and out...heh...and dropped 93.5gr and spun up the trickler....If I were doing that a lot...I'd lower the initial another 1.5 to 2 grains and let it spin up more naturally. I just lucked out that it stopped quickly.
b2lee You Rock! I normally throw RL33 and H1000 and was concerned that the kernel size would gum up the hopper, you have allayed my fears! Thank you for taking the time out of your Sunday, if you are ever out Wyoming way I will buy you a beer.
Thank you,
David

b2lee You Rock! I normally throw RL33 and H1000 and was concerned that the kernel size would gum up the hopper, you have allayed my fears! Thank you for taking the time out of your Sunday, if you are ever out Wyoming way I will buy you a beer.
Thank you,
David

If I'm ever in Wyoming...I want you to take me to a spot that my rifle won't reach :) Poor little thing has only gone to 2500yds...it keeps talking about doing more...of course the shooter might not be able to make the impact...

If I'm ever in Wyoming...I want you to take me to a spot that my rifle won't reach :) Poor little thing has only gone to 2500yds...it keeps talking about doing more...of course the shooter might not be able to make the impact...
I will take you to the back 600 acres on the ranch, you can shoot to the horizon as long as the cattle do not get in the way. Then I will get you a beer and introduce you to some Cowgirls.

@bunny too as long as they are Cow Girls...and now Girl Cows...I know how you guys are after 3 beers ;)

Ok...since I'm off the couch and bored...I decided to weigh a few grains of powder. These may differ for you based on different lot numbers...but wouldn't that be a treat?...to test various lot numbers to see how much each kernel weighs..and if you get a difference in weight...how that affects group size, muzzle velocity and such....hmmm...

Anyway...a quick test came with:

RL-33 at 0.06gr per kernel...weighed 10
VV N565 at 0.06gr per kernel....hmmm...same
Retumbo at 0.04gr per kernel.
RL-26 at 0.06gr per kernel.

I don't have any H1000...that would be interesting...I bet it is 0.04gr per kernel just like Retumbo.

"....as long as they are Cow Girls...and now Girl Cows...I know how you guys are after 3 beers ;)"
Cowgirls, the kind with two legs, I assure you.🤣
"...but wouldn't that be a treat?...to test various lot numbers to see how much each kernel weighs..and if you get a difference in weight...how that affects group size, muzzle velocity and such....hmmm..."
That would be fine information to have documented. I have H1000 I will weight on Wednesday when my scale arrives.

Got it all set up and rolling. I know they say in the manual the most important adjustment is the wheel on micro trickler, but dang! I went from over charging by 0.24 every time to dead on with a 1/4 turn. Im down to 10 seconds.

Any as an FYI, I left the felt corkers on when I put the clear 419 lid on top and the extra height is kind of nice. more room.

Reactions: black5.3
I'll get around to buying the clear lid....might be the only upgrade I buy...wait..I want the metal lid and extender for the trickler...the rest...bleh...I like the glass instead of metal cup. Don't really need the base..works great as is.

I'll get around to buying the clear lid....might be the only upgrade I buy...wait..I want the metal lid and extender for the trickler...the rest...bleh...I like the glass instead of metal cup. Don't really need the base..works great as is.
What is this metal lid and extender you speak of is it this???? My unit is scheduled for delivery Wednesday, might play hooky that day.
Regards,
-d

Ordered the lid and funnel and I have the clear lid coming with my order from CE Products, I should be set, so far....

@bunny too as long as they are Cow Girls...and now Girl Cows...I know how you guys are after 3 beers ;)

Ok...since I'm off the couch and bored...I decided to weigh a few grains of powder. These may differ for you based on different lot numbers...but wouldn't that be a treat?...to test various lot numbers to see how much each kernel weighs..and if you get a difference in weight...how that affects group size, muzzle velocity and such....hmmm...

Anyway...a quick test came with:

RL-33 at 0.06gr per kernel...weighed 10
VV N565 at 0.06gr per kernel....hmmm...same
Retumbo at 0.04gr per kernel.
RL-26 at 0.06gr per kernel.

I don't have any H1000...that would be interesting...I bet it is 0.04gr per kernel just like Retumbo.

with varget one kernel is 0.02gr per the scale I have

with varget one kernel is 0.02gr per the scale I have

Remember the scale is only accurate to .02 grains, so that kernel might weigh more or less. The scale is only going to show .00, .02, .04 etc. You would need a scale that goes out to .001 grains. It does however measure to .001 grams, so I wonder if converting our loads to grams would squeeze out that last little bit of accuracy? In the end I don’t think it matters and Adam put up a good article about .02 accuracy on his website. When I get mine it will be something I play with, because I’m a curiosity kills the cat type of person.

Reactions: beenjammin
It's here. The wife just called and said the UPS guy delivered a box and wanted to know what I bought now?! Can't wait till 6 and head home and get it set up. Kind of funny, but yesterday CE sent me the Area 419 lid via USPS. No idea why they wouldn't have shipped it all together.

Edited to add: Ordered 5/21/20, order #5959, so exactly 2 months.

Last edited:
Anyone that doesn't feel like waiting.... Unknown Munitions has 8 of them in stock. However, they don't have any 300PRC ADG brass...so...heh
I would check with them first, I believe those 8 are expected soon but not yet in stock. I did just receive mine today from their very first batch. Packaged very nicely and shipped quick too!

ETA: It looks like if you add to cart their website gives the following message " These kits are from our second batch arriving to us by 8/8/20 and will ship immediately after arriving." So it still looks like a much shorter wait than some of the other options.

Last edited:
A bit off topic, but since it was mentioned earlier in this thread - can I ask: When you guys do spill powder, how do you recommend cleaning it off the scale?

I'm waiting on my new fx120 + v3, and this thought has been in the back of my mind, as to how best to clean up a powder spill so as not to damage the scale.

I'm looking for some input. Just got my new AutoTrickler and FX120i yesterday and so far I'm loving it. There is one problem/annoyance. The breeze break/draft shield has a super sloppy fit. And since the auto-throw mounts directly to this, the whole setup is kind of unstable and top heavy. Is this normal, or did I set something up wrong? See video below:

Reactions: beenjammin
A bit off topic, but since it was mentioned earlier in this thread - can I ask: When you guys do spill powder, how do you recommend cleaning it off the scale?

I'm waiting on my new fx120 + v3, and this thought has been in the back of my mind, as to how best to clean up a powder spill so as not to damage the scale.
I was thinking a soft bristled paint brush.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I'm looking for some input. Just got my new AutoTrickler and FX120i yesterday and so far I'm loving it. There is one problem/annoyance. The breeze break/draft shield has a super sloppy fit. And since the auto-throw mounts directly to this, the whole setup is kind of unstable and top heavy. Is this normal, or did I set something up wrong? See video below:

It's normal. I think Elfster used 4 1/8th inch thick felt pads under the base in one of his videos to tighten it up. I got some pads from Lowes and installed them under the base per the video. It made the base much more solid.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer