• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V3 - CE Products?

It's worth the wait. I've already loaded 500+ rounds with my AutotricklerV3....and man does it make me more confident in every shot I take. I can weigh down to the individual kernel of powder and my Standard Deviations (SD) are incredible now. An SD of 3.3 when using 78 grains of powder is....well to me....insane....on a 20 shot string.

I just loaded 100 rounds for a match this morning and I fought with my fucking Lyman Gen6 the whole damn time... your comment is reassuring. I should be paying the final tab hopefully next week.

I've read where some people had some issues...and when they posted pics...I did a face palm. I don't have a single kernel of powder go outside of the cup....and when I see 14 grains of powder all over the place...it makes me wonder just what in the hell these people are doing. It took about 5 mins to go from box to put together...and about another 5 mins to get my load dialed in via bluetooth and my phone.

I had a shooting buddy stop by the other day to drive me to the range...and I showed him the V3....he just shook his head and was like "Dammit man...you know I don't want to spend any more money!!" I just laughed...evil laugh with my fingers steepled....yes......

Give it a little time. Crossing the border things tend to go completely dark for a little while then appear from the ether
Reached out to them today and they hadn't shipped it yet, waiting on my 419 lid to show up so they can ship all at once.

Reached out to them today and they hadn't shipped it yet, waiting on my 419 lid to show up so they can ship all at once.

Area 419 lids have been out of stock for at least 5 to 6 weeks on the A419 website, so I hope they gave you an ETA on that.

look like they have the lids in stock at CE products

Has anyone purchased this add-on?
IMG_0452.jpg

Anyone out there with experience?

I got it with my V2. Honestly, the newer nozzle with the baffle 3D printed in it, does a better job. The 419 works on most powders with their addition of a baffle (it comes with it now), but with some powders (like 4350) kernels still splash out of the cup IME. I'd skip it now...

It's worth the wait. I've already loaded 500+ rounds with my AutotricklerV3....and man does it make me more confident in every shot I take. I can weigh down to the individual kernel of powder and my Standard Deviations (SD) are incredible now. An SD of 3.3 when using 78 grains of powder is....well to me....insane....on a 20 shot string.
I got mine up and running a month or so ago, and have loaded as many or more. I had pretty good loads for existing guns, so I have not noticed any gains in accuracy down range. I have yet to load for my 7 saum, most cases i shoot are 40gr or less of powder, the saum may be the true test.
I did take possession of a new 6 BRA, so all load dev will be done with the V3, and so far it looks extremely good.
I need to figure out how to bluetooth it to my laptop though, I fat finger my phone too much, lol

Reactions: b2lee
I got it with my V2. Honestly, the newer nozzle with the baffle 3D printed in it, does a better job. The 419 works on most powders with their addition of a baffle (it comes with it now), but with some powders (like 4350) kernels still splash out of the cup IME. I'd skip it now...

@MarinePMI Your statement "the newer nozzle with the baffle 3D printed in it, does a better job" you mean the Autotrickler V3, correct?

Reactions: MarinePMI
@MarinePMI Your statement "the newer nozzle with the baffle 3D printed in it, does a better job" you mean the Autotrickler V3, correct?
Correct. the 419 nozzle will also fit the V3 set up, but after trying it, I went back to the plastic printed V3 nozzle. Seems to work better with 4350 and the 419 cup/plate.

Correct. the 419 nozzle will also fit the V3 set up, but after trying it, I went back to the plastic printed V3 nozzle. Seems to work better with 4350 and the 419 cup/plate.
Thank you for the heads up! You saved me some money.

look like they have the lids in stock at CE products
Thanks for the link, unfortunately it looks as though you can only order one as a presale add on for the entire kit

Just wanted to drop an update here that I received the invoice to pay the rest of my balance for my Autotrickler V3 and scale today from CE! My original order number was 6186 and I ordered it on June 20.

I've been following along for a while and wanted to give people an update. Can't wait to dive in!

Got my invoice as well 👍👍😀 # 6111. BTW I ordered the Area 419 kit with the tray, lid & straw? seemed like a good deal? Hopefully the lids are shipping soon?

Just got my invoice for #6205 today and paid it. It said they would be shipping it out on Thursday the 13th.

Just got the same email!! So according to them they will ship next thursday so hopefully i will have it in hand in 2 weeks. So i was at 6 weeks! Im about to pay mine and try to sit and wait patiently! Order #6222

Invoice paid today!!!!!! shipping next Thursday!

sent Amber an email today requesting should the Clear lid upgrade I paid for was out of stock. to not hold up shipping my unit. That I would just pay the extra shipping for the lid when its in stock again. can't risk the V3 being held up due to a clear lid I can get by without for the mean time

Last edited:
I paid for my clear lid about a week or so after i put the deposit of the v3 kit and it was in stock then. I hope they didn’t ship it out with someone else’s kit over the past month lol.. i might give them a call next week and just double check on that.

When I called yesterday day about why mine hadn't shipped and was told waiting on the lid, the lady that answered the phone said I could pay separate shipping of $18 for the lid or wait. They hope to have the lids by this Friday or next Monday. She said she would let me know if they didn't come in so I could decide if they should just ship scale now. I've waited this long, so going to give them a few more days and save the $18.

Reactions: bunny too
When I called yesterday day about why mine hadn't shipped and was told waiting on the lid, the lady that answered the phone said I could pay separate shipping of $18 for the lid or wait. They hope to have the lids by this Friday or next Monday. She said she would let me know if they didn't come in so I could decide if they should just ship scale now. I've waited this long, so going to give them a few more days and save the $18.
I'd say keep the lid, and order the 419 lid, way gooder.

Ordered one today

About time....you've been holding out for a while now.....why?...Money?...pfft....grows on trees man.... ;)

Now...what about that $600 primer seater? Or $1400 Annealer? If I spend enough....maybe I'll shoot better...heh

Now on my wish list... the IDOD....oh my!

About time....you've been holding out for a while now.....why?...Money?...pfft....grows on trees man.... ;)

Now...what about that $600 primer seater? Or $1400 Annealer? If I spend enough....maybe I'll shoot better...heh

I don’t want any that other foo foo shit!
I almost never have to trim cases and I’m perfectly happy with the torch And socket in a drill.

I did some fly casting lessons recently and had some extra $$$$ and I want the bit extra advantage for ELR and the speed bonus in loading time.

That $1400 annealer looks pretty cool, I will continue to use my torch and twirl by hand but it looks pretty cool!

The thing about the V3 is....I can actually see the differences at my 1 mile targets....and I'm sure I'll see it when I stretch it out farther next month in some ELR comps. I don't think I can justify the Primal Rights primer seater....except with the fact...I like it. The AMP....I can justify that as well. The IDOD>..heh...Don't know if I can justify that cost yet...but I also think I want to wait until it is on IDOD V3 or better.

The thing about the V3 is....I can actually see the differences at my 1 mile targets....and I'm sure I'll see it when I stretch it out farther next month in some ELR comps. I don't think I can justify the Primal Rights primer seater....except with the fact...I like it. The AMP....I can justify that as well. The IDOD>..heh...Don't know if I can justify that cost yet...but I also think I want to wait until it is on IDOD V3 or better.
Justifying the $ because you compete I can see. Try justifying to the boss you just want to satisfy your OCD and the only one you are competing against is yourself. Not always an easy sell, but hey, my reloading bench keeps me out of the bars so at least I'm easy to find. Plus my groups are consistently tighter at distance than the guys I work with that are given all the time in the world to practice and all the best toys.

Does anyone use this?
img_20181116_1015182211197739029387838.jpg

And the cup?
IMG_2813.jpg

I occasionally get a couple kernels splashing and wonder if this would help, thank you for any advice.

Ordered one today

Yes! I resisted for a while, too... but fuck was it worth it. Mine came two days ago. Damn thing is stupid fast and accurate. Took me 30 minutes to throw 200 charges last night. 43.2 was the desired weight. All were between 43.18-43.22. This is IMR4064 so the sticks are different sizes. I would imagine with H4350, Varget, etc where they are more consistently sized it would be closer to dead on, but man... 200th of a grain off? I’ll take it.

My Chargemaster is giving me dirty looks right now....

Yes! I resisted for a while, too... but fuck was it worth it. Mine came two days ago. Damn thing is stupid fast and accurate. Took me 30 minutes to throw 200 charges last night. 43.2 was the desired weight. All were between 43.18-43.22. This is IMR4064 so the sticks are different sizes. I would imagine with H4350, Varget, etc where they are more consistently sized it would be closer to dead on, but man... 200th of a grain off? I’ll take it.

My Chargemaster is giving me dirty looks right now....
Fast is what I’m excited for.

Let me give an example of why I have fallen in love with this AutotricklerV3. I have a kind of OCD to where I can't stand having brass sitting in a bin that I have reloading components for. If I have the bullets, powder and primers...it is hard for me to walk away from the reloading bench with the job undone.

So, today I reloaded 100 rounds of 300PRC with 78.0 grains of Vihtavuori N565. The V3 was already set up for that. I simply poured in some powder, opened the hopper and let it run. Very quick and very accurate. Due to the size/weight of each kernel of powder...it rarely drops right on 78.0. If it stops on 77.98 I will hand twist the trickler and usually get one kernel at 78.04 grains. I've elected to always be slightly over instead of slightly under.

Then I decided to do 80 rounds of .308. These are for plinking loads and I use BL-C(2) for .308, 5.56, and 30/30 plinking loads. I just vary the charge depending on the cartridge and bullets I'm using. I was easily able to swap out powders, set everything up quickly and dial in for the .308. When done, I lowered the charge and loaded 25 rounds of 30/30. Then I lowered the charge and did 120 rounds of 5.56. Due to the nature of BL-C(2) it dropped dead nuts on all my input charge weights.

Then I had two pieces of 300BO brass I picked up at the range....I swapped out powders and only put powder in the trickler....it was very quick to drop 14.5 grains of Lil'Gun just using the trickler. I loaded up the two loads and looked around for more stuff.

Switched out to some Bullseye and ran through a hand full of 45ACP then 40S&W then 9mm.

Everything went really quick and painless. I have no brass that I have rifles/handguns for that need loading. If I were still using my old methods, I would have simply left everything in their bins and watched some YouTube videos of people telling me it is impossible to shoot more than 800 yards with a 308...unless you buy their $60 bubble level ;)

Great addition to my reloading bench. I highly recommend it to everyone with the means to buy one.

Let me give an example of why I have fallen in love with this AutotricklerV3. I have a kind of OCD to where I can't stand having brass sitting in a bin that I have reloading components for. If I have the bullets, powder and primers...it is hard for me to walk away from the reloading bench with the job undone.

So, today I reloaded 100 rounds of 300PRC with 78.0 grains of Vihtavuori N565. The V3 was already set up for that. I simply poured in some powder, opened the hopper and let it run. Very quick and very accurate. Due to the size/weight of each kernel of powder...it rarely drops right on 78.0. If it stops on 77.98 I will hand twist the trickler and usually get one kernel at 78.04 grains. I've elected to always be slightly over instead of slightly under.

Then I decided to do 80 rounds of .308. These are for plinking loads and I use BL-C(2) for .308, 5.56, and 30/30 plinking loads. I just vary the charge depending on the cartridge and bullets I'm using. I was easily able to swap out powders, set everything up quickly and dial in for the .308. When done, I lowered the charge and loaded 25 rounds of 30/30. Then I lowered the charge and did 120 rounds of 5.56. Due to the nature of BL-C(2) it dropped dead nuts on all my input charge weights.

Then I had two pieces of 300BO brass I picked up at the range....I swapped out powders and only put powder in the trickler....it was very quick to drop 14.5 grains of Lil'Gun just using the trickler. I loaded up the two loads and looked around for more stuff.

Switched out to some Bullseye and ran through a hand full of 45ACP then 40S&W then 9mm.

Everything went really quick and painless. I have no brass that I have rifles/handguns for that need loading. If I were still using my old methods, I would have simply left everything in their bins and watched some YouTube videos of people telling me it is impossible to shoot more than 800 yards with a 308...unless you buy their $60 bubble level ;)

Great addition to my reloading bench. I highly recommend it to everyone with the means to buy one.
What is the easiest way to empty the trickler? Unplug it and dump it and spin it a few time or do you still leave it plugged in? I too am amazed at the precision and ability of the Autotrickler, right now I am just loading for .338LM but will soon be loading for .308, 5.56 and 10mm. Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you,

I don’t unplug it. Just dump whats left in the tube into a cup, empty the main, then dump the tube again.

What you should look for though, is with the autothrow, if you change powders often. After you have emptied the powder out of the hopper, you need to turn the thrower upside down. A good 4-5 grains of powder with sit in that chamber.

Got in on the order from Unknown Munitions this last week. Anyone have any idea when Area419 gets more clear lids in?

Well I caved an order the V2 to V3 Upgrade AutoThrow and Adjustable Base. I already have V2 to V3 Upgrade Electronics for A&D. I was torn between the V3 upgrade or Area419 accessories and this thread made me go with the V3 upgrade.

Last edited:
I purchased the https://www.area419.com/product/atfunnel/ trickler lid yesterday.... I just don't like the concept of the powder being exposed to the elements if I knock off early one night and pick it up again tomorrow...A little OCD...but I am what I am.
I purchased one and like it very much, the only issue I have is I drilled a hole in the third breeze break for the trickler straw to go through and I have to be careful taking the trickler lid off or I will tap the scale (no big deal) or drop powder out of the straw (also not a big deal but a bit of a hassle.

Reactions: b2lee
degree 1badbarrel, post: 8766596, member: 111080"]
Came with two power cords , what one y’all using. Outlet is 110/120 volt .
[/QUOTE]
Use the power cord with the sticker that says "use this power cord." The original one is not powerful enough. Use the one with the 90 degree plugs.