• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

Underpromise and over delivered on one thing for sure: plug and play - and play, and play around some more, and play around more and more and more. The playing around to get the AT4 working is endless fun!

It's the same no mater the powder. Shim and calibrate until small tube flow is .2 to .23 the go into advanced settings and adjust large and small tube speeds and set your transition weight at 2 grains or higher. Keep playing with those settings until you can get an 8 to 10 second throw that is accurate. Note your settings and shims for each powder.
Would you please share where you found the shim kit? I read the entire thread pretty carefully and didn't see any specific references to where these are sourced. I'd like something better than card stock or folded painters tape.

Thanks!

@Drhorsepower

He prints them. Think it was $15 shipped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drhorsepower
I ordered an Autotrickler V4 a few days ago. Was getting too many niggling issues with a Chargemaster 1500.

I've been on the fence with upgrading my V3 to a V4 for a while now, but I have heard a lot lately about people upgrading the V3 to the use the Ingenuity Precision trickling system paired with the V3. Any one have any experience with the IP trickler that also upgraded from 3-4? Thoughts on which would be the best system?

I've been on the fence with upgrading my V3 to a V4 for a while now, but I have heard a lot lately about people upgrading the V3 to the use the Ingenuity Precision trickling system paired with the V3. Any one have any experience with the IP trickler that also upgraded from 3-4? Thoughts on which would be the best system?

IP wins

I have been back and forth on the same. I have a v2 with some upgrades and the Bluetooth. I have been thinking about getting the IP. I think I have made my mind up to go ahead and buy the v4 bc I do like that it takes less space, but give it a try if I don't like it sell it and get me a IP. From what I can tell the v4 will never be as accurate as the IP but if it's +- .02 95% of the time I can live with that and save the money. The IP is just a better design how it separates the kernels. The super trickler ,v3 or ,v4 will never be as accurate.

As I’ve said before.The V4 drops 4350 to the grain literally as fast as I can seat a bullet. It’s also extremely easy and fast to empty or switch powders. Not to mention the ability to change drop weights/powders quickly on the fly . For my application I prefer the V4. The last thing I want is 1 more thing on the bench that I need to remove powder from. This was the main reason I chose the v4. All in 1 precise and fast. I’m completely happy with my purchase. Honestly the IP trickler and a Lee powder spoon would probably beat them all in terms of speed , it’s also the cheapest route.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
My V4 throws powder almost flawlessly. I calibrate a couple of times when changing powder.
NO complaints whatsoever.

Just a note to those awaiting arrival of their V4. Do NOT forget to put the plastic covers in place before you try and open the hopper.:rolleyes:

And initial impression is very good. It's extremely fast and accurate. Still toying with it and the settings to optimize throw times for my powder and load weight but it kicks the Chargemaster in the balls for time. Although initial comparison shows the Chargemaster's scale to be more accurate than expected.

After I got my V4 set up I had tinkered with it a little bit to see how the powder flow worked. Last night was the first real use and I loaded 100 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor. Powder was H4350. I really like this machine! This is such an improvement over the use of a powder measure and balance beam scale. I let the V4 do all the work and just waited for the green light to come on. Only two overthrows out of 100 and then the overage was only by 0.02 grains.

49 overthrows on the chargemaster for 130 rounds last night.

Auto trickler order needs to come this thing is taking years off my life

I've had my v4 for a while. It does overthrow a bit, but if I keep my speed at 6 or lower, it's only maybe 1 out of 10 throws, and even then, it's only 0.02 out of tolerance. If I go to 7 or higher, I get massive over throws all the time.

My biggest gripe about it is the way you empty the powder. I think that part of the design was not well thought out, and I have yet to empty my v4 without putting powder on the bench.

Just got my email today. I have decided to go ahead and get the V4 and keep the one I like the best. I hope I like the v4 I love the idea of nothing on the bench.

Whats going on with V4 update? Every single person I know who has one has the same issues with overthrows and no where near as fast as a V3.

People are selling their V4 and going back to the 3 or buying the Ingenuity Trickler for another $400+ to get their machine to run correctly.

Whats the status update?

Reactions: secondofangle2
Whats going on with V4 update? Every single person I know who has one has the same issues with overthrows and no where near as fast as a V3.

People are selling their V4 and going back to the 3 or buying the Ingenuity Trickler for another $400+ to get their machine to run correctly.

Whats the status update?
People jumping to the Supertrickler with 1 month turnaround 😂😂

Whats the status update?
I stepped up to a V4 from a pair of Chargemaster Lites so have no history with any of the other Autotricklers for comparison. I am using the 3rd party tip for the small tube and the shims kit to set the angle of the small tube as well.

I'm not getting much in the way of over throws on my V4 and it takes maybe 10-15 seconds to throw a 30 grain charge. I'm happy with mine at the moment but am watching the other thead we have on the Supertrickler as it looks to be significantly faster. If the Supertrickler is a better mousetrap I will upgrade, if not I will continue to be happy with my V4.

What's this super trickler? We talking ingenuity unit? I have one sitting at the house to upgrade my V3, but still away with work.

Whats the status update?
All the folks I know have none of those issues and the V4 is faster than the V3s they were running

All the folks I know have none of those issues and the V4 is faster than the V3s they were running
Sounds like bullshit since EVERY single person I know (atleast 5 who have made switch) who has one has issues with it and they are slower with more overthrows.

@NiteQwill runs them both side by side and its night and day difference.

There is either a design flaw or a software flaw in them. People wouldn't be spending hundreds more on an aftermarket trickler on top of the ATV4 if they ran correctly.

I have a V4 that works well for me. Drops powder to the grain as fast as I can seat a bullet. I am running it at speed setting 5 though. I do occasionally have a overthrow maybe 1 out of 20 drops. That being said . I did order a supertrickler to compare .

Reactions: secondofangle2
Sounds like bullshit since EVERY single person I know (atleast 5 who have made switch) who has one has issues with it and they are slower with more overthrows.

@NiteQwill runs them both side by side and its night and day difference.

There is either a design flaw or a software flaw in them. People wouldn't be spending hundreds more on an aftermarket trickler on top of the ATV4 if they ran correctly.
More likely a "user flaw"...

I've had a V4 since they were first released. Zero issues.

So, to be honest, your statements are the ones that sound like they're wrapped in bullshit. Which is not surprising considering your history here.

If you wanna pimp the other solution, go to that thread.

So, to be honest, your statements are the ones that sound like they're wrapped in bullshit. Which is not surprising considering your history here.

Just to be fair... If there wasn't a flaw, Adam wouldn't be working on a solution. Which he is.

Additionally, several well known national champions (F Class) have voiced their concern regarding the unit. Including one that is well known on the internet. It's well documented.

Just to be fair... If there wasn't a flaw, Adam wouldn't be working on a solution. Which he is.

Additionally, several well known national champions (F Class) have voiced their concern regarding the unit. Including one that is well known on the internet. It's well documented.
Fair enough. Though I still wouldn't call it a flaw.

As to there being several "well known national champions" voicing concerns...I guess it depends on if you value their opinions. Being a national champion does not necessarily mean you're an expert on everything gun related. Ultimately, it's their opinion.

Now, I'll ask this question. Are we shooting BR on this site? No. So all this hub-bub strikes me more as, shitting on a vendor's thread, so as to pump up visibility of another vendor's solution.

I think there has been enough of both sides arguing in this thread to cover all the concerns some may have. At this point it's just bordering on bashing. Especially since, many here have had ZERO issues with the V4.

The only thing I would consider a very minor issue is speed, compared to my V3. I used to fill all my cases (100 per session), then seat bullets.
I was using two cups that weighed the same. For the most part, it was taking 5-6 sec. per charge. The V4 seems to be around 12-14 per charge.
I've since gone to seating bullets while the cup is filling.
Turns out doing, seating while charging is actually a few min. faster per 100.

I shoot F class all the shooters I know that have no problem with their V4 are f class shooters a few "well known" the only one that was having issues had made so many adjustments that it wouldn't throw correctly after going back to factory setting and making some small adjustments to tube speed it fixed his problems. Most of these "flaws" are self induced or people expecting it to do something it's not capable of.

The only thing I would consider a very minor issue is speed, compared to my V3. I used to fill all my cases (100 per session), then seat bullets.
I was using two cups that weighed the same. For the most part, it was taking 5-6 sec. per charge. The V4 seems to be around 12-14 per charge.
This is also why people were using 2 and 3 chargemasters, because a 30 second throw with two machines turns into a 10 or 15 second process...Its also argubaly/IMHO why the AT v3 coube be perceived as bing worth twice the cost of a chargemaster...because its simply faster and more productive.

IMHO reduced speed/performance of the V4 is a legitimate topic of dicussion.

No issues with the Mods keeping out negativity, but there are legit issues to discuss here in terms of engineering, marketing, and different opinons both for existing users and prospective buyers.

Last edited:
I shoot F class all the shooters I know that have no problem with their V4 are f class shooters a few "well known" the only one that was having issues had made so many adjustments that it wouldn't throw correctly after going back to factory setting and making some small adjustments to tube speed it fixed his problems. Most of these "flaws" are self induced or people expecting it to do something it's not capable of.
Self induced flaws have supposedly created a market for small tube tips, shims, enclosure units with tilt adjust, people tapping their trickler tube, etc. Must be all made up. 😆😆

People not having problems must be made up too🙄
I don't doubt (and no one has said so) that there are units out there that are perfect, just like some earlier units including a tap at the rear for adjustment and some didn't.

But the fact remains, in contrast to your statement, that units out there do have problems. Blaming user error is false... The creator himself is literally working on a solution as we speak. That is not a self induced user flaw...

It's a strange conundrum...

...there's the AT, new version hits the streets and for most isn't much better than the older version...

...then Ingenuty Precision's trickler shows up on the scene...

Now the proverbial "word is on the street" already that you pretty much have to buy the IG trickler if you want to reap all the performance benefits the AT system is capable of.

Yet, the two companies aren't related, and the IG trickler works just as good or better with an older V3 as it does with the new V4...

...then along comes the Super Trickler...

An unenviable situation for the AT peeps for sure.

It's a strange conundrum...

...there's the AT, new version hits the streets and for most isn't much better than the older version...

...then Ingenuty Precision's trickler shows up on the scene...

Now the proverbial "word is on the street" already that you pretty much have to buy the IG trickler if you want to reap all the performance benefits the AT system is capable of.

Yet, the two companies aren't related, and the IG trickler works just as good or better with an older V3 as it does with the new V4...

...then along comes the Super Trickler...

Market forces at work. In the end, this is GOOD for the end consumer IMHO.

Same. Have had zero issues with my stock v4 but I can read and follow directions.

Meanwhile, Prometheus users have been watching, smiling, and sometimes laughing... for like 20 years. lol :LOL:

I like my V4. Yet it doesn't get much use. I like it for short run testing.

If I were in the market for an IG, AT, or ST... I'd wait about a couple years until after the "cheap trickler wars" have a winner declared. Horrific time to buy any of them. Huge wait times. All time high prices. Uncertain futures. More competitors coming soon. (yes, there is) This all reminds me of the "cheap annealer wars of the mid-2010's."

Reactions: Fasttimmy
Meanwhile, Prometheus users have been watching, smiling, and sometimes laughing... for like 20 years. lol :LOL:

I like my V4. Yet it doesn't get much use. I like it for short run testing.

If I were in the market for an IG, AT, or ST... I'd wait about a couple years until after the "cheap trickler wars" have a winner declared. Horrific time to buy any of them. Huge wait times. All time high prices. Uncertain futures. More competitors coming soon. (yes, there is) This all reminds me of the "cheap annealer wars of the mid-2010's."

Prometheus... not to be captain obvious or anything, but you do of course realize that sounds exactly like something a snake oil salesman who also shills grossly overpriced reloading equipment would mention like it's relevant to the topic at hand (when it isn't), right? 🙄

Pretty ironic Alanis.

So a ~$1400 powder dropper is a "cheap trickler", think we all get you man.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
I respect all the “must be user error” posts, but, respectively the V4 does *not* dispense powder as accurately and reliably as the previous generations. IMO, primarily because the prior 3 generations all allowed for fine tuning the trickler flow angle, an easy process, especially with Area 419 trickler stand and built in dial.

The V4 trickler’s pitch is fixed; to adjust the angle requires shims, which is a hack.

I’m sure a fix is coming, but there’s no question the V4 takes much more niggling to fine tune and unquestionably overthrows more frequently than any previous generation.

I went from a Hornady Auto Charge Pro to a V4 so I can’t comment on the others. I’m not concerned about saving a few seconds per throw as I enjoy sitting in my man cave reloading. I find it therapeutic. Five to ten extra minutes not a big deal.