• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger M2013 in 338LM

I have every part of my new 338 save the 2013 action now! It's going to be like Christmas when it shows up and all the components get brought back out of the gun safe

I'm in the same boat SpinDrift. I ordered a stock that I thought was going to take 6 months to get and i ended up getting it before the action.

xdeano

So, what is everyone building on their M2013s?

Ive purchased so far:

KRG Whiskey 3
MTU Bartlein .30 in 11.25 twist. Finished at 18".
Timney #517
FTE Brake
AIAW Mags
Seekins rings with a Razor on top.

Ive been without a .308 since I sold my last one to pay for this heh.

I've got a 284 win barrel done by GAP for a gen2 M2008...that's in hand awaiting an action.

I've got a magnum bolt on order with BO, that's supposed to follow the action by a month or two. I'll be doing a 7-300 or similar with it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to have a 6mm Super LR barrel fitted.

I've got an McMA5 inletted, and bedded to an m2008. I've got both BO M5 and PTG Stealth bottom metal.

I've got 8 AW mags and 8 Alphas.

I've got a CG Extreme trigger

A premier 5-25 gen2xr in Seekins rings will sit atop...

Last edited:
Got a Bartlein 1:10 twist Whitley Med. Palma blank
Bushnell HDMR G2
Spuhr mount
Set of 2.0 Viperskins with dual rail kit
2 AW 10 round .308 mags
Getting ready to order my CG Extreme trigger

Waiting on an AICS 2.0 to be in stock to order.
And of course...... patiently waiting on the M2013 S/A

Here is what I have in hand for 338 Norma Mag build;

KMW Sentinel - inletted for BO M2013. -this pattern

Benchmark 1-9.5" Twist. 1.300" for 5" then straight tapper to 0.750" at 26" finished.
Seekin's rings
NF or PST still deciding.
Timney 2# trigger

Waiting on;
Badger Ordinance 338 M2013
AAC Titan Ti 338

xdeano

Last edited:
I've got a 284 win barrel done by GAP for a gen2 M2008...that's in hand awaiting an action.

I've got an oby 6.5mm 8.4 twist and a 6.5 Super LR reamer, for Chad @ LRI to fit for me.

I've got a 6mm Super LR reamer, and am deciding between buying a bartlein or a douglas. Probably have Chad fit that one too.

I've got a magnum bolt on order with BO, that's supposed to follow the action by a month or two. I'll be doing a 7-300 or similar with it.

All barrels will receive a Harrels brake, seamlessly fit.

I've got an McMA5 inletted, and bedded to an m2008. I've got both BO M5 and PTG Stealth bottom metal.

I've got 8 AW mags and 8 Alphas.

I've got a CG Extreme trigger

A premier 5-25 gen2xr in Seekins rings will sit atop...

Turbo, what's the spare bolt cost? I want to do that as well.

I've got a 6x47L Bartlein barrel spun for an M2008 and a .260 Oby barrel spun the same sitting and waiting... (I've got an M2008 with a 17" Bartlein .308 barrel in the safe)

I've got a Manners T5a with mini-chassis (T4a w/ mini chassis on my M2008)

Tuned Old Style Remmy trigger

AW Mags

Some nice builds. Im getting LRI to do mine too - I organised this at the end of the year but Im hoping that theyll be able to chuck me in on the group buy given we are still waiting on the receiver.

My M2013 is going to be a 6.5 SLR also.

I have a Bartlein 6.5mm Whitley Med Palma 8.75"-to-8" gain twist barrel that I'm going to have Mark Gordon at SAC chamber for me. Will have a SAS TOMB brake installed for my suppressor.
It's going in a XLR Carbon chassis that should be here sometime in the beginning of July.
CG X-treme trigger. Putting a Geissele SSA-E in my POF made me realize just how much I like a 2-stage trigger.
Feeding with AW mags.

I asked BO about buying a Magnum bolt also, and they told me it would be "around $400". The idea of a switch barrel started to appeal to me after reading about GAP's 6.5 SAUM pet project. Still not sure about doing that with the M2013 or just buying a GAP Extreme Hunter.

Badger 2013 338LM action, AICS, custom contoured Schneider barrel, Surefire 338 brake, and last but not least a vortex razor 10mrad turret ebr-3 reticle and seekins rings!

Mine will be an AX chassis, 27" .260 Obermyer barrel with flat blade timney to start. And a 20" 7mm something soon after. I want to get the action and barrel Melonited or Ion Bonded and the bolt done up in nickel boron. I have a Bushnell 6-24x50 BTR-mil scope sitting here and I'm waiting on rings. I have a TBAC 30P for it but I'm going to do a 338BA soon and put that brake on it. I have given up hoping to shoot it in any matches this year, it will have taken a year from start to finish by the time its done. I just hope it will have been worth the wait.

My M2013 is going to be a 6.5 SLR also.

I have a Bartlein 6.5mm Whitley Med Palma 8.75"-to-8" gain twist barrel that I'm going to have Mark Gordon at SAC chamber for me. Will have a SAS TOMB brake installed for my suppressor.
It's going in a XLR Carbon chassis that should be here sometime in the beginning of July.
CG X-treme trigger. Putting a Geissele SSA-E in my POF made me realize just how much I like a 2-stage trigger.
Feeding with AW mags.

I asked BO about buying a Magnum bolt also, and they told me it would be "around $400". The idea of a switch barrel started to appeal to me after reading about GAP's 6.5 SAUM pet project. Still not sure about doing that with the M2013 or just buying a GAP Extreme Hunter.

I've been interested in a Whitey Med Palma... What length are you gonna go? I'd like to see some pics when it's done. Seems like a great contour!

Badger Ordnance said:
We apologize for the delays on the new M2013 actions. Several circumstances have postponed delivery time beyond what we expected, as well as what we had originally quoted. While I hesitate to give a hard ETA at this point, it should not exceed three week from today.

We apologize again for the delay on these.

Just one more week to go! I'll bet they're starting to pack them in the shipping boxes right meow...

My biggest problem is how do I hide the purchase from my wife. She cant tell one gun from another but she can sure read a bank statement!

that's funny my wife does the same thing......I told her about the rifle I ordered but fail to mention that I also picked up a Nightforce scope for it and when that statement came in all hell broke loose, that's was a hell of an ass chewing

My wife and I have separate bank accounts.... =D

I am too lazy.

For my action. I have a Rock M24 contour barrel, with lil' bastard brake to fit seamlessly, I am going to put it on an AICS. Not sure what colors: Cerkote vs DuraCoat. My AICS is Olive. I am going to send it to BO for inletting in the next couple of days.

I want the round ball knob for no other reason other than it looks cool. I already have a PTG so I'll put mini knob on my CZ455.

I sent a MO the first day of pre orders. I did give them my card for the round knob upgrade.
No charge showing yet. Hope it ships soon.
My chassis should be here tuesday.

Just spoke to Badger. Mine shipped on Friday. Should be at my FFL on Wednesday.

I ordered mine the very first day they were taking pre-orders and paid for it at that time... had them take the money from my account immediately.

Thanks for the update, and congratulations. I don't suppose you asked them how fast these will be flowing/trickling out?

I called to get an update based off of some of you saying you were billed. He put me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back on to say that he took so long to look because it had already shipped on Friday and that tracking said my FFL would have it by Wednesday. Sounds like a few must have shipped Friday so I imagine if you go billed it likely is because it shipped. I may be wrong but...

I couldnt agree more. As im sure some of us wont see the final product this first run. But you just never know.
Xdeano

Here you go gents.....
The eagle has landed..

2013-06-17_22-22-50_861_zpsa926835d.jpg