• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Baldness and a good healthy self image

rolin808

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2011
Hawaii
All my life til now at 39, I've had hair but now it getting thin. I heard rogaine or a pill called propisha I don't think I spelled it right? But back to the point I just said "F this and began shaving my head, can't say wife to happy but I'm saving a bundle on shampoo. So I propose this question" Does it matter how one looks to others or how one see themselves?"

Re: Baldness and a good healthy self image

Same age, same problem, same solution. Actually, I'm too lazy to shave it. I just take a plug in razor and put it on the lowest setting. Takes 5-10 minutes. It's good for about two weeks. If you shave it you have to really stay on top of it.
As for your question I would say that it would be a different answer for a man than a woman. For men it matters how they view themselves. For women it matters how others view them.

I have been shaving my head for about 5 years now. The first couple months it is kind of a pain in the ass but after that it isn't so bad. I have found for me I can go daily up to the third day, but then I have to do it or it is a pain in the ass and kills a razor fast. Not to mention you have to go over it twice to get everything down to where I want it. It only takes a couple minutes to do once you get a system down though.

Remember sunscreen is your friend. That first sunburn on top of your head is a real bastard and you'll be hating life. I use the spray on sunscreen every morning.

Trying to figure out why the top of my head always hurt during the summer is how I realized I was going bald. In retrospect it's hard to believe I figured it out so slowly. I must have had more hair then.

I've shaved mine with a razor for over a decade. I do it once or twice a week. If I am feeling really lazy, I might let it go for two weeks. The razor and the electric clippers do the same thing, you just get an extra 4 or 5 days between trimmings with a razor.

Self Image is everything to a clean mental state.

Exercise, eat right most of the time, shoot straight, speak the truth , treat others as you would want to be treated and pray to whatever GOD you believe in from time to time.

Life is what YOU make it, make it good.

If all this fails, buy a friggin wig...

I started losing mine at age 14 or 15. So I've never really had a full head of hair. It use to bother me but now that I'm almost 40, who gives a crap. By the time I got out of the Corps I didn't care about it one way or the other. It's cooler to have a shaved head now then it was in the 80 and 90 when long hair was the thing.

fuck that i'm 29 and bald as fuck, embrace the shit, i've been shaving my head since i was about 19. hair is great.. but who needs hair with a body like this
laugh.gif

Fuck the drugs!
I've been perty thin starting in my mid twenties. I had been having a neighbor who was a hairdresser cut my hair, she'd do it for a beer and a burger. Anyway one day I told her to buzz it. She said "You'll look bald!" I looked at her kinda sideways an said "So, not spits worth of difference". She did that day an I've been doing it ever since.

Self image. Got a healthy one. Been on a routine now for the last 4 years, Boot Camp style regime and lifting weights. My trainer did a body fat check 4 moths ago, she told me if I were a 25 year old, I'm 53, I'd be at about 8% BF. Was off scale for my age bracket!!!

Besides, sure as HELL didn't want someone saying, Hey, check out that comb over!

For you shavers out there, try an oil I found several years ago called Shave Secret, couple drops, literately is all it takes to shave the face, everyday, no razor burn, breakouts

Been shaving my dome since 22 or so.

Had no doubt I'd be losing my hair since no man in my family, mother or father's side had any.

Decided in High School that when it started to go, I wouldn't hold onto the dream.

Clear it off man, the wife will get used to it, then when you get older you can grow out the Picard and dress up for Star Trek Conventions as a Captain.

Wet/dry electric. Shave head in the shower, been doing it so long, it feels weird when I miss a couple of days.

30 years old and I'm getting real thin. I actually started shaving my head when my mother got breast cancer 7 years ago, and lost her hair through treatment. Now I shave it at least once every summer. My younger sister is a hairdresser and she gets pissed when I shave it. If I had to pay for haircuts it would definatly be shaved 100% of the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Clear it off man, the wife will get used to it, then when you get older you can grow out the Picard and dress up for Star Trek Conventions as a Captain.

</div></div>

Then again, maybe she won't:

ps21.jpg

how others see you, is a representation of how you see yourself, if you are confident in yourself, that will translate to others, these days being bald is more the norm, than decades ago, when kojak was on , probably no one thought that was cool, but now, shave your head, grow a goatee, and you are good

39 years old here and been shaving my head for about 6-7 years now.
Its no biggie, hair is not a must have for sure.

Love God, Love your Wife, treat others as you wish to be treated, plant a couple trees, Life is good.

Now, go get some trigger time yo!!!

37 now, been bald since late teens. Embrace it.. I cant grow a Mohawk anymore but I can grow out the Bozo like a mofo.. lol Gillette Mach3 seems to work the best and blades last the longest.

Been shaving my head for 22 years. I try to shave it everyday. As for what people think, they can kiss my hairy ass if they don't like my bald head. I look good period!!!

I am 50yo and have been shaving my head for several years. Brother
Slickrick is about 38yo and does the same. My hair had been receding and falling out for sometime and I just took it to the next level. If I had hair, I would be happy, but I don't and am still happy.

I never knew there were so many bald me in the world till I shaved mine. We are everywhere.

I'm normally a bit more diplomatic than this, but...

Fuck it. Man up. If going bald bothers you, then you're fucked in regard to self-image. If you are dependent on hair on top of your head for your self-image, then something else needs to change. It used to bother me but I realized how stupid and useless it was to worry about something out of my control.

I don't shave my head because that's as much a vanity as having a bunch of hair. I keep it trimmed short and that's it. Not a lot of maintenance. I also used to think that women would find me less attractive but that doesn't happen. If anything, I think that the BETTER self-image that I have now than during the time that I was losing a lot of hair in my 20's has translated into more self-confidence and now, at 41, I find that MORE women are attracted to me than ever before.

Also, if a woman is hung up on whether you have hair or not, then you probably need to dump the bitch. What if you were in an accident and burned badly or something? Think she'd be any more sympathetic then?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double-edged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm normally a bit more diplomatic than this, but...

Fuck it. Man up. If going bald bothers you, then you're fucked in regard to self-image. If you are dependent on hair on top of your head for your self-image, then something else needs to change. It used to bother me but I realized how stupid and useless it was to worry about something out of my control.

I don't shave my head because that's as much a vanity as having a bunch of hair. I keep it trimmed short and that's it. Not a lot of maintenance. I also used to think that women would find me less attractive but that doesn't happen. If anything, I think that the BETTER self-image that I have now than during the time that I was losing a lot of hair in my 20's has translated into more self-confidence and now, at 41, I find that MORE women are attracted to me than ever before.

Also, if a woman is hung up on whether you have hair or not, then you probably need to dump the bitch. What if you were in an accident and burned badly or something? Think she'd be any more sympathetic then?

</div></div>

Well said.

My fiance and I met when I was 23, finishing grad school and starting to get a thin spot. I'm 28 and I've got a "monkey butt"

She's not too worried about it, though being 6'3" where most people can't see it helps I suppose but I really don't worry about it.

Learn to live with yourself, you can have much worse things happen to you. Ask her this:

Gorgeous full head of hair and a fat, slovenly appearance
or
balding but in great shape with a healthy schvontz @ age 50+?

Pick.

Exercise, diet, and health are much more important to longevity and libido than your hairline.

I've been balding since my mid-20s, and have kept it trimmed closely (typically with a guard-less trimmer) ever since. Beats the hell out of a cheesy comb-over or taking a bunch of drugs just to get a bit more peach fuzz up top.

'bout the worst part of it is getting sunburned on top of my head - that hurts like a mofo! Hats are now mandatory.

My hairline started receding a bit, and I was obsessing over it. Having nightmares ETC. So one day after a couple of drinks my wife suggested we shave it all off. Best thing I ever did, I haven't given a fuck about how much hair I may or may not have lost since then, as I look good bald.

I buzzed my head last summer and then took to using a razor shortly thereafter. I love it. No shampoo, hair gel or worrying about "hat head".

My hair was thinning and I always said I would shave it if people commented on my hair thinning. Within 2 weeks my barber mentioned it and my kids exclaimed how much hair I used to have while looking at my High School yearbook. It came off that day.

I agree though, if you are relying on your hair for self image...you have a greater issue to deal with.

I shaved it once, but it as the other said, it's a PITA to maintain. I do have a bald spot on the top of my head, and stick to a crew cut.
Works for me.

Ive been going bald since my early 20s to im 33 now and most on the top is just fuzzy, I just take a clippers set on low over my head, im to lazy to shave it all the time and cant even shave my face with out razor burn let alone my head. I think its much better to cut it short or shave it than to see a comb over. my one friend is 52 and he has the comb over going on I hate seeing that, just let it go and face the facts your going bald. nothing you can do about it (unless you spend a load of money on plugs witch I dont think is worth it or drugs that I would never do I dont take advil or anything even for headachs) just get over it and deal with it, if other people dont like it to bad its all about you not them. I never had a problem dealing with mine, my dads side is all bald adn when I seen it getting thin in my 20s I knew I didnt have a chance nad started keeping it short then already. look on the bright side use a trimmers at home and save yourself some money since your not paying to have someone do it for you.

I do the razor and buzz cut myself and I don't feel like any less of a man because of being bald.

I'm in the same situation, and I came up with the same situation. My wife isn't happy about the buzz, and she wants '80's hair again... WTF is that? I f**king hate wearing sunblock....