• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ban on body armor in the works!

It is all that is needed, a state law on the books which does exist in several states already to my knowledge. With a law on the books that guarantees a minimum sentence under a conviction the prosecutor's cannot provide a "deal" lower than the minimum on these sorts of cases. On your more serious cases the deals are generally not all the favorable, but are better than facing the possibility of the maximum sentence. How much do you truly know about the legal system by personal experience vs what you hear?

I'm curious how much you know about our legal system, not based on "what you hear", but what you Read! I could give pages of examples, but several that show the lack of prosecution where gun crime is concerned: how many purchases were denied during the instant background check (when we had it) due to the purchaser being a felon? How many were prosecuted? Not being a Sherlock Holmes (as I can tell you are) I'm fairly sure, as the man/woman is standing in a gun store, usually on CC camera, signing and giving a finger print, along with filling out a form-and yet he/she is a felon, even the village idiot could get a conviction, yet the number do not add up, not by a long shot. Chicago 2013, is another great place to start your reading- CPD confiscated 6816 illegal weapons last year, was there even half that number charged with a Federal Crime? (this would be assuming everyone caught with an illegal weapon had two in their possession at the time of seizure). Chicago reports between 2001 and 2012 the CPD confiscated over 50,000 illegal weapons, again assuming in every single seizure, the scumbag was found with Two weapons, this would result in 25,000 Federal convictions, even if one assumes the CPD is so poor at their job, that 20% of those were wrongfully arrested, we'd still have 20,000 Federal Convictions from the city of Chicago alone! Where are the numbers you are talking about? We should have Federal Prisons Full of Gun Related Criminals, 100,000s from the instant background checks alone! Then add on the illegal weapons being seized from criminals daily-the numbers just are not there. The idea that "deals" are not made with criminals, be it guns, heroin, smuggling....... is childish and does not reflect the views of those that Read and inform themselves. I'll be looking for your reply, please state a fact or two that supports your position.

Senator Ted Cruz, has made some 'startling' facts public regarding the 'instant background check' and how criminals trying to purchase firearms are not being prosecuted!!! Here are the actual numbers from 2008 to 2010:
2010: 72,659 denials

34,459 felony convictions/indictments

13,862 fugitives

44 prosecutions (0.06 percent of denials)

2009: 67,324 denials

32,652 felony convictions/indictments

11,341 fugitives

77 prosecutions (0.11 percent)

2008: 70,725 denials

39,526 felony convictions/indictments

9,464 fugitives

105 prosecutions (0.15 percent)
Anyone actually arguing that the LE is/was actually doing a good job in (the Fed should be held the highest standard here) enforcing mandatory sentencing laws for firearms violations, is just......well having one of those moments is guess. Of course there are some that don't like to be confused with the facts. It's not that they are having a bad day, it's just stupidity.

Ultimately it's still a step in the right direction. Criminals will always find ways to get past laws. Period. Doesn't mean we have to make it easy on them.

correct me if I am wrong, but I thought civilians already couldn't own body armor? My buddy is a PO, and I asked him about it…he said he had to show his credentials when he bought his. Im confused

correct me if I am wrong, but I thought civilians already couldn't own body armor? My buddy is a PO, and I asked him about it…he said he had to show his credentials when he bought his. Im confused

Civilians can buy body armor; however it is a restricted item in many areas that have draconian gun laws.