• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banded Solid 375 Test Results

Re: Banded Solid 375 Test Results

I was one of the observers with Jeff when he shot the 338LM Improved & also helped load the bullets we were to shoot that weekend. We planned this outing for a few months based on "someones" promise of bullets in a quantity that would allow a fairly rigorous test. This "someone" missed an opportunity for a couple master class F-class guys, two military trained snipers, one who is a NASA aerospace engineer to spend their own money to help test their bullets....nice move elmer.

Where the bullets landed are unknown to me. Jeff had shot a few at closer ranges to get a baseline zero prior to our long range outing so his call on that one is gospel to me. I know what I saw, as a matter of fact Jeff's brother and I were both on the glass when Jeff was shooting and commented with a "woah, WTF was that" when we saw it the first time.

I don't know who's bullets we shot or who's we were expecting, the back and forth on here is too f-ed for me to care, but the ones Jeff put through his rifle were loaded to ~3050 fps and were not stable.

We put that shit away and hammered the steel anyway with the .284 & 7WSM at 1800 yards.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">This is a good thread.
So far what I have learned in this thread and in another that got locked is, There are two differant groups trying to come up with the highest bc bullet that can go fast.
Neither group can do it yet,but it is close.
They also hate each other.
Both groups keep measuring their " dicks on this thread "
I have popcorn sorry for the interuption.......</span></span>

Finally, something on this thread that makes me laugh my ass off!! Thunderbolt, you're right on the money...The popcorn just makes it even better. It's like the freaking horse races, Im betting on Australian Stallian, how about you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noel Carlson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kelly,

99.9% of the shooting public is unable to utilize a system capable of 3,500+ yards. This is not a high volume niche, but it is a very interesting one.

I do understand what you are saying, but this market will not be driven by the taboo beliefs of isolated smiths, trust me. Please don't feel that I was "shooting the messenger", we are simply stating facts from different perspectives. You will never see one of these beasts roaming the woods during hunting season.

"TIME will tell. Sooner than later I suspect...."... And in this, everyone can take comfort.

Best,
Noel

</div></div>

Sorry Noel i am building one and will be using it as a single shot for Cammmel kulling here in Australia so yes you will see them in the deserts here.

It will probably be an 8 twist 375 Viers Mag.

we shall have to catch up one day bill, this is exactly what i use some of my rifles for... as soon as my 375CT loads are sorted, i suspect there will be some very unlucky camels around these parts... some buffalo wont be far behind them either... ill drop ya a PM soon...

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sorry Noel i am building one and will be using it as a single shot for Cammmel kulling here in Australia so yes you will see them in the deserts here. It will probably be an 8 twist 375 Viers Mag.</span></span>

Wild Bill,
I think you're right on the money with the 1--8 twist for the VM. As we speak Im pulling the parts in for the VM. It will be a 1-8 twist for the GS 414. A Lawton 8000 action and the Manners T2 carbon fiber stock. I am struggeling with weight as Im trying to get it under 16 pounds, so were looking at a carbon wrapped barrel.

I am very positive about the new GS 414, Dave hasn't finished his tests and posted them yet, but I can tell you that this bullet continues to paint good groups.

Im so impressed with what Ive seen, Im swapping my barrel on the snipe tac and it's not even assembeled yet.

c ya
zman

Wild bill,
I will bring 338 LM and smoke cammels. can we shoot some roos.