• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Bar tab from our company party in Vegas

TimK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
www.timkulincabinetry.com
I think I may have overspent...

receipt.jpg

Re: Bar tab from our company party in Vegas

The Las Vegas economy thanks you for single handedly trying to end the recession.

I now don't feel so bad paying $7 for a beer at the Saints games.

I think you paid a bit much for the Red Bull lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's quite a tab for "a small cabinet shop"!

Mind if I ask what the occasion was? </div></div>

OK, you got me. It's not my tab. Hell, that bill is probably more than my net worth. Sure is a wonder, though.

Ok, I'm not much of a drinker so what is "vueve ye" and why is it $25,000? Also how long does in take to spend $190,000 at the bar?
Sorry, one more question, did the waitress get a $28000 tip (15%)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I'm not much of a drinker so what is "vueve ye" and why is it $25,000? Also how long does in take to spend $190,000 at the bar?
Sorry, one more question, did the waitress get a $28000 tip (15%)? </div></div>

It's figured in the total on the receipt, actually $29581
sick.gif

That night could've paid off my house and then some!!!! DAMN!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I'm not much of a drinker so what is "vueve ye" and why is it $25,000? Also how long does in take to spend $190,000 at the bar?
Sorry, one more question, did the waitress get a $28000 tip (15%)? </div></div>

The Vueve Cliquot Champagne bottles were 15 liters or equivalent to 20 standard bottles. They do make standard sized bottles as well. The Wynn is high priced but not by much on it since a standard bottle can range from $1100 and up. It was actually served at a wedding we attended and in all honesty I can't tell the difference between the good stuff and cheap stuff.....but I don't like champagne or wine.

This was probably a large corporate party for 100 or so people is my guess by the amount of drinks.

That is probably just a few hours of partying.

A party that large was probably tended to by numerous servers and the tip was probably slpit amongst them. The gratuity was figured at 20% and almost 30k!

This week is the SALT conference in Las Vegas. Basically an occasion for Bankers and Hedge Funds to get together and figure out new and inventive ways to steal peoples money. You can bet your bottom dollar that this is related to said conference. IN other words, if you're reading this and you pay taxes then you paid for this.

SC

Holly Sh*t! The biggest tab Ive run up was around $600 in a couple hours.. Just think how much dough you/your company has to make to cover a tab like this.. They probably didnt even blink an eye too.

All you have to do is have the Federal Reserve declare your company a bank, then you're able to receive bailout funds. Take said bailout funds and invest them in high beta equities with 35-40:1 leverage. With an implicit wink and nod from the Federal Reserve you have insurance that not only can you not lose money but you are guaranteed to make obscene amounts of money courtesy of the US Taxpayer.

The biggest bottle of Grey goose vodka is retail about 75 bucks up here, it's $475 at this joint. That's quite a markup!

Yup, high end bars are notorious for huge markups.

who says we are in a recession ... lol

F U C K

Most ive ever been tipped on one tab was 120! Thats my whole bartending career right there...

fuck vegas...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SierraCharlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This week is the SALT conference in Las Vegas. Basically an occasion for Bankers and Hedge Funds to get together and figure out new and inventive ways to steal peoples money. You can bet your bottom dollar that this is related to said conference. IN other words, if you're reading this and you pay taxes then you paid for this.

SC </div></div>

Glad to see my stimulous dollars at work!

Shit!! We have a bar/blub around here that sells bottle service for $225 for a bottle of Jack. roflmao. It's called "Bar Code". The prices are ridiculous... but not that ridiculous.

Had to be a night you could not remember for sure. I believe I would have took that money and bought me 3 or 4 rifles, would have lasted a while longer than the hangover for sure.

Impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I may have overspent...

receipt.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$20 on two Bud Lights??? I wouldn't spend that much on a case of Pabst!!!
</div></div>

My thoughts exactly. $10 for a Bud Light is just stupid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$20 on two Bud Lights??? I wouldn't spend that much on a case of Pabst!!!
</div></div>

My thoughts exactly. $10 for a Bud Light is just stupid. </div></div>

I'd rather pay the 10 for the bud light than the Heiniken that got overlooked by you guys

How may GAP rifles does that equate to and how many members can get one free off that tab. Not to mention it all gets pissed away - literally. GAP Crusaders for everyone - yea

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$20 on two Bud Lights??? I wouldn't spend that much on a case of Pabst!!!
</div></div>

Shhhiiii!!!!!
10 bucks on Bl is not bad at all when they are nailing you with 8 bucks for a small bottle of San Pellegrino Sparkling "Water".

Damn! I just got back from a long weekend in San Diego and thought a few of my wife's $28 drinks were bad, that tab would have gave me a heart attack!

Next time they can just let me charge that card, and get a couple of sticks from GA and Surgeon...money better spent than alcohol.

ok, so try this one, 7 day cruise for our "honeymoon" 3 years into our marriage

trip was sunday to sunday, bars didnt open till we were out in deep waters, and closed at midnight or 2 saturday night, spent $1700 on booze (even with money having been refunded because our horse ride down the beach was cancelled due to lightning)

none of my drinks were over $10, and panty 6 only had 3-5 drinks because she does not like anything really (found out late in the cruise that she semi likes whiskey sours, and really likes amaretto sours) so of 1700, 1650-1675 of it was mine, plus the 300 we got back for having a shore excursion cancelled. which means i spent about 2 grand for 6 days of drinking

We ran a $1900 dinner at Neros in las vegas between 6 of us and stuck our bank rep with the tab.

Wouldn't want to pay that tab but would love to have all those airline miles on my cc!!!!!!!

its amazing how much corporations spend on events like this.

I work for a insurance company and have seen the executives run for the tab to pay with personal credit cards then have company reimburse and they get the miles or points.

must've been fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The biggest bottle of Grey goose vodka is retail about 75 bucks up here, it's $475 at this joint. That's quite a markup!</div></div>

750 ml bottle $45, I hear. Most those prices were 10-15x mark-up.

Thats INSANE!!! Before I got married I used to party hard...BUT NOT THAT HARD! The biggest bill I ever paid for was about $600, and that about made me wanna puke up everything I drank and give it back to the bartender....

I've seen this bar tab posted on several forums, all with the poster claiming ownership of it. So, who's is it? It's funny the shit people will find to lie about.

And they cashed that tab out before midnight...wonder where they went next.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

receipt.jpg
</div></div>