• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Barrel Shims

Dstoenner

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2018
Holly Springs, NC
Back around 2005 I was working on M1 Garands and 1903. I saw these barrel shims for 1903 on some website and bought a package of 5 of them. Just a few months ago, I rebarreled my 1903 and it would time but without enough torque. So i pulled one out and put it on my new barrel and bingo, all is well. Turns out that they work on 700 barrels and M1 Garand barrels.

So I went searching on the internet and cannot find anything like them. These are like .005 thick washers with an OD of about 1.20 and an ID of 1.00. Does anybody know a source for these?

David

These are interesting but not what I was looking for. The shims for a gas cylinder would be much smaller in diameter. The ones I am looking for are to go over the breech threaded portion and be against the shoulder of the barrel.

Thanks for the reference

David