• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Barrett branded Swarovski scope?

cpu77

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
Just bought a friends Barrett. He has had it since new and I have always wanted one. I am just not crazy about the xmas tree. Maybe I will get used to it.. All I am doing is shooting 55 gallon drums at a 200yrds:) Is there an option for say $300 that will hold 0?

Re: Barrett branded Swarovski scope?

You want to trade a Swaro for a $300 scope? I wouldn't recommend swapping it out, unless you wanted something better.

The few M82s that were in USASOC circulation in the early 90s suffered from a poor optic choice. That Swaro with the xmas tree reticle vastly improved performance when it started replacing the L&S scope. Yes, it's outdated a bit but it's still a good fit for that rifle.

So you bought a Barrett for $$$$$ with a Swarovski scope that costs $$$$ but has a reticle that you understandably don't love. Shooting the rifle with cost you $$$$$ but you want to do so with a new scope that costs $. Your actions seem to me to be a bit inconsistent.

Opinion aside, I can't think of anything in that price range that will withstand .50 BMG recoil and also a reticle that you would find more desirous than that of the Swarovski. I think you are best off sticking with the Swarovski until you have at least $1k to invest in a replacement. If you put a $300 dollar optic on the rifle I think you will be back to the Swarovski by the end of the day.

Well, for what it's worth, the Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10X is supposed to be able to withstand the recoil of a .50 and they are around $200.