• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Been Searching - need help

Blue Streak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
KY via Oklahoma
I know it hard to find what your looking for when you don't know exactly what it is,...duh!

Well, that is where I am. I saw something a few months back, ..a trajectory data card, wind drift data card, etc. It was a long thread with many replys and good comments. I though it was from Triad or Impact but couldn't find anything on their sites. The cards were obviously caliber / bullet specific and water proof / resistant.

Can somebody direct me to what it might be? Thanks for the help. Leason learned, when you see something you want to follow up on later, write that sh__ down!

Re: Been Searching - need help

Are you talking about the Field Density Altitude Compensator from Adaptive? It's available from both Triad and Impact.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.actsvirginia.com/sliderule.php

http://www.triadtactical.com/Field-Density-Altitude-Compensator.html

It's awesome piece of gear and I highly recommend it to anyone shooting a .308 caliber rifle and the good news is that they'll be coming out with some custom products soon. I've been using them for about a year now and it's stupid accurate, I've never been more than a 1/10th or two off at any distance.

I don't believe this is what I saw previously.

I believe it was more of a cal / bullet drop card based on velocity along with some wind drift information.

Anything out there like that or was I just dreaming?

Yeah, that's what the FDAC is, it gives the shooter ballistic information for windage and elevation based on velocity and density altitude.

Okay,..I'll take a closer look,..as I should have already done.

Obviously I'm new to this stuff so thanks for hanging in there with me.

Thanks for the help