• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Before and after wild hogs vs 308 168 amax Graphic

h4everything

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
OK
Caught these little buggers thisI evening. They came in about 10 minutes before dark. They were still in the brush a little bit when the first one offered me a headshot. Range was about 100 yards, instead of running off the remaining three just took a few steps, so i just kept shooting. The last one took 2 shots. Load was 168 hornady match 168 amax, rifle was a 308 lefty remington. It was pretty fun. The one time I go by myself is when I really get into them. Oh well the work was worth it though. The one with the guts hanging out was the one that I shot twice. 2 head shots and 1 shoulder shot.

Before
MDGC0402.jpg

After
IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

Re: Before and after wild hogs vs 308 168 amax Graphic

Looks like the piggies went to market.....
Nice shooting.

Nice, I am glad to see those Amaxs killing, looks like you had some real fun, and have a good spot for hunting hogs.

Great shooting. I always try to line them up and shoot them with my 300 Win. Mag. shooting 130 Barnes TTSX @ 3550 fps. I can usually get two with one shot, lots of fun.

-X3M

I just finished my LAST pkg. of Hot Italian piggy sausage from a hog shot in Nov. Best stuff on earth. But, Ranch sold. Lost honey hole. Seeing these on the ground like that makes me wanna fly out and help you skin em! Good shootin!

ps....can ya hook a bro up w/ some pig meat? Send it in a cooler w/ dry ice or something? Or better yet, drive out to CA and deliver it. I'll buy ya a gallon of JD. LOL. Good job, old son. Made some memories that night, huh?

I have already given away all of the meat from that hunt but I might be able to hook up a fellow shooter with meat. Check out some of my other threads.

I hunt in the NW part of the state.

The guts hanging out was pretty impressive I thought too. Those AMAX's deserve respect.

Thanks for the pics. I have been wondering what kind of damage the AMax would do.

Is that the newer version of Bait n Switch?

lmao,
Mark