• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benchmade bugout incerdible value

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas
    I went into my local gunshop yesterday to check on progress of a rifle being built for me. They had tons of new inventory, bullets, guns and a whole display full of benchmade knives. I bought some .22, 222, 243, some 10 dollar bin beretta mags and a pack of primers. Before i finished checking out i went and looked at the benchmades. This is what i saw.
    16229761943694226749091880061103.jpg

Now i didint own any benchmade knives until this point, i didnt know about blue class to gold class. I didnt know that this was actually a phaeton in a bugout box. Me and the counter guy go thru all the boxes and none are misplaced, i guess benchmade put the wrong knife in the box he said.... you still want it? Yes, yes i do.
    20210605_110625.jpg

Best 113 bucks i have spent in a long time.

Attachments

• 20210605_110522.jpg
      20210605_110522.jpg
      557.8 KB · Views: 80
    You had me at primers! Where the heck is this place?
    They only have large rifle sellior and bellot primers and only 1 pack of 100 per visit lol. That said i have aquired a brick so far.
    1622982097449858880390005820083.jpg

Great buy; but Benchmade has made their mark as anti-gun, and pro-gov overreach. You should sell it and profit a little dough from their misfortune. Just as they did to thousands of legal gun owners; who were victims of crime. Im sure a Tops, or ZT, or Half Faced (@sirhrmechanic ) would serve you better.

Again though, good buy, don't entirely blame you for snagging it. This is, however, just my $.02 🤷‍♂️

I went into my local gunshop yesterday to check on progress of a rifle being built for me. They had tons of new inventory, bullets, guns and a whole display full of benchmade knives. I bought some .22, 222, 243, some 10 dollar bin beretta mags and a pack of primers. Before i finished checking out i went and looked at the benchmades. This is what i saw. View attachment 7641228
    Now i didint own any benchmade knives until this point, i didnt know about blue class to gold class. I didnt know that this was actually a phaeton in a bugout box. Me and the counter guy go thru all the boxes and none are misplaced, i guess benchmade put the wrong knife in the box he said.... you still want it? Yes, yes i do.View attachment 7641229

I think you got the wrong knife for that box. The box says manual open. That model number doesn't match the knife. It's a $300-$400 OTF auto.

Is that an otf auto? What keeps it from acedently opening in your pocket and stabbing you in the dick?
    The “trigger” is under tension and is nearly impossible to accidentally engage.

Great buy; but Benchmade has made their mark as anti-gun, and pro-gov overreach. You should sell it and profit a little dough from their misfortune. Just as they did to thousands of legal gun owners; who were victims of crime. Im sure a Tops, or ZT, or Half Faced (@sirhrmechanic ) would serve you better.

Again though, good buy, don't entirely blame you for snagging it. This is, however, just my $.02 🤷‍♂️
    Nothing wrong with Benchmade outside of politics! He got a steal! And wasn't it used, so didn't make Benchmade any more money to send to Bloomberg.

And, hey, even if it was new... I didn't know about Benchmade being an Anti-2A company until this thread. So a win. He gets a cheap cool knife. The rest of us know about another corporation like Black Rifle Coffee and Yeti to steer clear of and ridicule until they stop giving money to the grabbistas.

Winning all the way around!

Sirhr

Is that an otf auto? What keeps it from acedently opening in your pocket and stabbing you in the dick?
    The blade in an OTF is actually just sliding in between to stops launched by a short spring stroke. The switch is had enough to push it doesn't launch on its own, and it does, the blade doesn't weigh enough to drive very deep into anything.

I've owned two benchmades and gave them both away. One to my father in law and another to a friend. Don't get me wrong, they're decent knives. They're just not worth anywhere near $200+ in my opinion. I think Buck's s30v is better for a lot less coin.

In years past, heat treating steel was an art. Knifemakers would often source their steel from recycled leaf springs or massive bearings pulled off of trains. Almost everything was forged in a small shop and makers were never really 100% sure what they were working with. They did their own heat treatment and tempered the knives themselves with relatively primitive equipment. If you weren't a very good knifemaker, the end product was often hit or miss.

Nowadays you can order dozens of varieties of exotic, precision ground stock from places like alpha knife supply and NJ steel baron for cheap and send it out to be heat treated by third parties that use very precise, computer controlled ovens for a few bucks a blade. Literally anyone can make a very functional knife with high quality, properly heat treated steel for less than $50 with a halfway decent belt grinder. That's at small scale, retail prices.

I don't see any reason to pay $200+ for knives anymore. Besides, those super exotic tool steels like cpm-3v, zdp and rex-121 are an enormous pain in the ass to sharpen when they get dull, and they WILL get dull. I'd rather have cpm-154 or D2 in my pocket anyway.

Nothing wrong with Benchmade outside of politics! He got a steal! And wasn't it used, so didn't make Benchmade any more money to send to Bloomberg.

And, hey, even if it was new... I didn't know about Benchmade being an Anti-2A company until this thread. So a win. He gets a cheap cool knife. The rest of us know about another corporation like Black Rifle Coffee and Yeti to steer clear of and ridicule until they stop giving money to the grabbistas.

Winning all the way around!

Sirhr
    Its brand new, just sold to my gunshop in the wrong box. They in turn just sold it to me in the wrong box for that price. He simply scanned it, inventory is correct, everybody won. I thought it was like finding a golden ticket or something. Am i wrong in thinking all knife makers probably would love if guns were illegal? Im sure we could cancel everything one at a time for political reasons if we just went back far enough? Where is the cutoff point for political outrage vs. Personal convenience?

Its brand new, just sold to my gunshop in the wrong box. They in turn just sold it to me in the wrong box for that price. He simply scanned it, inventory is correct, everybody won. I thought it was like finding a golden ticket or something. Am i wrong in thinking all knife makers probably would love if guns were illegal? Im sure we could cancel everything one at a time for political reasons if we just went back far enough? Where is the cutoff point for political outrage vs. Personal convenience?
    Yeah you are absolutely wrong assuming all knifemakers would like to see guns outlawed. I know multiple custom builders that are shooters and pro-gun. As with any group I am sure that there are a number of anti-gun people though.

Your last question is up to each individual, as it should be.

I am sure dude's new knife isn't going to run off and cut up some poor, unsuspecting AR15. And I am also sure that the gun shop he bought it from is not going to do so either. It's in inventory, he got what he wants, give him a fucking break.

As smart as you are you will find a way
    What exactly was the crime this time? To point out that a dude, who has let us know he is having a hard time these days, should be happy that he was able to get something he likes, and that his purchase is likely not to do anything to any AR15s?

What exactly was the crime this time? To point out that a dude, who has let us know he is having a hard time these days, should be happy that he was able to get something he likes, and that his purchase is likely not to do anything to any AR15s?
    No crime other than you being you.

Reactions: MCSO1357
    Thats not a Bugout, and Benchmade is pretty much shit.

I think you got the wrong knife for that box. The box says manual open. That model number doesn't match the knife. It's a $300-$400 OTF auto.
    I think this was the point of the OP. He got a $400 knife for $113.

So... everybody is pissed at benchmade cause 2 years ago they helped a local pd get rid of some guns? I gotta say, the knife feels like quality, to me a commoner it is exceptional. I read up on the whole anti gun stuff. It really is a case of knife people looking out for knife legislation, and they apologized and havent helped dispose of any weapons since.... i could only find 1 video from each of the gun channels explaining this all dated 2 years prior. Seems like some whiny bullshit to me, bunch of sheep baying to each other the news you heard once from your tv overloard. I bought it cause the opportunity arose, i liked the fit and feel of it, and i wanted it. I give zero fucks about the politics, as long as it opens when im under the hood holding whatever i need to cut while some sharp peice of metal cuts my arm and im trying not to get pissed off.... ill be fine with it. Its just a work tool. Go find you drill, everybody who is pissed. Go find your drill, if its made in china then put a dildo on it and go fuck yourself.

So... everybody is pissed at benchmade cause 2 years ago they helped a local pd get rid of some guns? I gotta say, the knife feels like quality, to me a commoner it is exceptional. I read up on the whole anti gun stuff. It really is a case of knife people looking out for knife legislation, and they apologized and havent helped dispose of any weapons since.... i could only find 1 video from each of the gun channels explaining this all dated 2 years prior. Seems like some whiny bullshit to me, bunch of sheep baying to each other the news you heard once from your tv overloard. I bought it cause the opportunity arose, i liked the fit and feel of it, and i wanted it. I give zero fucks about the politics, as long as it opens when im under the hood holding whatever i need to cut while some sharp peice of metal cuts my arm and im trying not to get pissed off.... ill be fine with it. Its just a work tool. Go find you drill, everybody who is pissed. Go find your drill, if its made in china then put a dildo on it and go fuck yourself.
    Don't get all butthurt. If you're happy with your knife from gun cutter inc, fine. Fwiw, I carry a BM daily. Used to give them as gifts. But that was before they stepped on their dick. And who heard about what they did on tv? Probably nobody...

While the chopping of guns garnered much of the initial shock, it was the Benchmade founders political donations that revealed his left leaning stance. Both revelations caused many, myself included, to quit buying their shit. Looks like you got a great deal. That said, I was given a Bemchmade Infadel OTF knife before we knew they were commies, and it’s not much more than a novelty. Razor sharp, but unreliable and not sturdy.

Don't get all butthurt. If you're happy with your knife from gun cutter inc, fine. Fwiw, I carry a BM daily. Used to give them as gifts. But that was before they stepped on their dick. And who heard about what they did on tv? Probably nobody...
    I dont give a crap about the knife. What gets me all butthurt is people cherry picking what they hate. If your gonna be an absolutist, then by all means do. But dont type shit to me on a chinese phone, or chinese laptop. Driving a communist car, ford, chevy... all the companies donate to antigun everytown bullshit. Wearing sweatshop nikes. Its like a buzz word for you people. Think for yourself. If your gonna hate anti gun companies than research your life, not just one product that you heard about. To me you sound like retards trying to teach each other how to tie your shoes. Be careful that you dont find out your favorite company is donating to some bullshit, it would feel like getting stabbed in the dick.

Reactions: D_TROS

For me, the cut off point is when a company publicly pushes gun control. I have several benchmades, and I will Never buy another.

The left absolutely attacks anything that isn't aligned with their world view, "we" always "let it go" .... And it's pretty clear who's winning that fight...

I went into my local gunshop yesterday to check on progress of a rifle being built for me. They had tons of new inventory, bullets, guns and a whole display full of benchmade knives. I bought some .22, 222, 243, some 10 dollar bin beretta mags and a pack of primers. Before i finished checking out i went and looked at the benchmades. This is what i saw. View attachment 7641228
    Now i didint own any benchmade knives until this point, i didnt know about blue class to gold class. I didnt know that this was actually a phaeton in a bugout box. Me and the counter guy go thru all the boxes and none are misplaced, i guess benchmade put the wrong knife in the box he said.... you still want it? Yes, yes i do.View attachment 7641229

They make some good knives. Fallkniven also makes some good ones. I made the mistake of going on the blade forums and had my world blown wide open (and my poor wallet) on the variety of knives.

I'm hoping to snag a used Chris reeve beret knife soon.

Reactions: silentwoods
    "It would feel like getting stabbed in the dick."
    1623066827746.png

Was it because of your gender reassignment surgery that you are aware of what that feels like?

I dont give a crap about the knife. What gets me all butthurt is people cherry picking what they hate. If your gonna be an absolutist, then by all means do. But dont type shit to me on a chinese phone, or chinese laptop. Driving a communist car, ford, chevy... all the companies donate to antigun everytown bullshit. Wearing sweatshop nikes. Its like a buzz word for you people. Think for yourself. If your gonna hate anti gun companies than research your life, not just one product that you heard about. To me you sound like retards trying to teach each other how to tie your shoes. Be careful that you dont find out your favorite company is donating to some bullshit, it would feel like getting stabbed in the dick.
    You are making assumptions that some of us have not done that research. You bought a decent knife at a decent price so be happy. The posts about benchmade has ZERO to do with you so there is no reason to get wound up about them.