• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara BXR

No, it takes some relieving of the inner chassis at the front of the receiver. Like 2min with a dremel and is good. Mine also needed an extra shim to keep barrel from contacting at bottom. I used a 1/4 fender washer between chassis and receiver and is all good. It is a nice combo.
Cool! That is a sexy rig right there👍👍

No, it takes some relieving of the inner chassis at the front of the receiver. Like 2min with a dremel and is good. Mine also needed an extra shim to keep barrel from contacting at bottom. I used a 1/4 fender washer between chassis and receiver and is all good. It is a nice combo.

What's the weight difference on the KRG compared to the factory stock? Does it feel heavier? more/less balanced?

I'll be humping mine around for squirrel season so didn't want to add too much weight.

Factory stock with that scope was 7lbs and change.
With the Bravo is a hair over 10lbs including the KRG ARCA Rail.
It is tail heavy but with the MLok weights (.8Lbs total) it just balances at the mag well.

Reactions: Gustav7
So I added the Kid bolt and charging handle (spring kit). I was getting light primer strikes like crazy. I would get maybe 2-3 shots in a row.. Good news is I found what ammo this thing likes. Eley HV.. I tried contact and club as well. Club was a little better than contact, which I don't think they make anymore.

I'm thinking I made need a kid trigger to make it function correctly.

HV was easy 1/2 @ 50 yards. I got two 1/4 moas out of 5 groups.

Also tried shooting some CCI quite for the hell of it with the Kidd light spring.. nope..

I put back in the stock stuff. Going to see if there is any difference accuracy.. I thinking not

CCI quite out of my Tikka BA is horrible .. but was dead on out of the BXR.. one shot at a time.. weird.

So I added the Kid bolt and charging handle (spring kit). I was getting light primer strikes like crazy. I would get maybe 2-3 shots in a row.. Good news is I found what ammo this thing likes. Eley HV.. I tried contact and club as well. Club was a little better than contact, which I don't think they make anymore.

Also tried shooting some CCI quite for the hell of it with the Kidd light spring.. nope..

I put back in the stock stuff. Going to see if there is any difference accuracy.. I thinking not

CCI quite out of my Tikka BA is horrible .. but was dead on out of the BXR.. one shot at a time.. weird.
Some HV ammo will damage the Bentz chamber of the BXR. Eley is great ammo, I shoot many flavors of their .22’s. Source out SK match and benchrest.

I asked bergara on social media if the barrels were compatible and they liked my question...for whatever that is worth. Seems like a yes, but a simple “yes” I’m writing would’ve worked better.
You're almost never going to get an actual, real like.

What I mean by that, is almost everyone on every platform uses bots to like almost every post. They do this to increase their SEO and visibility. Same with IG and any social media platform

I'm thinking of getting a BXR for NRL22. In everyones opinion which is better carbon or steel barrel?

I'm thinking of getting a BXR for NRL22. In everyones opinion which is better carbon or steel barrel?
I suggest the steel barrel. It's heavier than the carbon wrapped barrel which makes the rifle steadier to shoot, especially at long range. My steel barreled BXR is a tack driver, shooting good groups out to 300yd with SK Long Range Target and SK Biathlon Sport ammo. Lapua Center-X also shoots well but is a bit slower. Also, the Bergara barrels are threaded into the receiver, and free-floated the entire length.

Hope this helps.

I suggest the steel barrel. It's heavier than the carbon wrapped barrel which makes the rifle steadier to shoot, especially at long range. My steel barreled BXR is a tack driver, shooting good groups out to 300yd with SK Long Range Target and SK Biathlon Sport ammo. Lapua Center-X also shoots well but is a bit slower. Also, the Bergara barrels are threaded into the receiver, and free-floated the entire length.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

My favorite plinker. Standing fire JOY!

Attachments

• IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 340
Reactions: Gunnie88
I've got the BMR. Accurate little rifle.

If the BMX (or whatever that TLA is) is as good, I'm likely to dump my Rem 597 for one

M

Had to do the same upgrades. Glad you got it sorted out. I had to fix my the BXR by replacing the guide rod and spring with a KIDD parts to make the bolt cycle smoothly. I found Bergara to to be a an over priced carbon barrel sub standard 10/22 that suffers from poor QC. I recently thought about getting the B14R but it appears to have the same poor QC. Bought a CZ 457 Manner VPT because I didn't want to touch another Bergara and get frustrated with magazines feed & ejection problems and lack of QC & Support. This is just my story with the Bergara brand. YMMV.

Last edited:
I had initially ordered an x-ring barrel and hogue stock in the plan of putting together a 10/22 to complement my Ranger, one trip to the LGS yesterday completely screwed that up.

And after an initial run-in it looks like the Ranger may have been replaced. I'm going to need to get on a longer range but so far this is matching if not exceeding my previous groups.

I've only run around fifty rounds through but no problems to report. Currently running a March 3-24X42 and CGS Hydra. It's a pleasure to shoot and the trigger (while a bit mushy) is growing on me.

DSC_2100.jpg

I ordered a Kidd single stage trigger, bolt and recoil spring/guide kit.

It arrived this afternoon. Getting the uncaptured spring in was a bit of a pain but I managed.

Put it all together and it didn't work, charge handle would only come half way back. Took it all back apart and reassembled... same result.

Tried just the trigger group with the stock bolt, nope. Tried the bolt with stock trigger group, nope.

Finally just put it back all stock to see if I possibly had something misaligned, worked fine.

Damn, I was really looking forward this combo.

It arrived this afternoon. Getting the uncaptured spring in was a bit of a pain but I managed.

Put it all together and it didn't work, charge handle would only come half way back. Took it all back apart and reassembled... same result.

Tried just the trigger group with the stock bolt, nope. Tried the bolt with stock trigger group, nope.

Finally just put it back all stock to see if I possibly had something misaligned, worked fine.

I put a Kidd charging handle (SS 762) / guide rod in my Ruger 10/22 T, along with a Kidd single stage trigger. Everything works great. Putting the uncaptured spring/guide rod in was a PITA the first couple times. With that said, I'm wondering if the BXR receiver might be the problem you're having? I don't have a BXR, so I don't know what is happening with yours, but I'm guessing the tolerance(s) in the receiver are causing it.

I put a Kidd charging handle (SS 762) / guide rod in my Ruger 10/22 T, along with a Kidd single stage trigger. Everything works great. Putting the uncaptured spring/guide rod in was a PITA the first couple times. With that said, I'm wondering if the BXR receiver might be the problem you're having? I don't have a BXR, so I don't know what is happening with yours, but I'm guessing the tolerance(s) in the receiver are causing it.
Probably, I'll give them a ring in the morning and see if they can figure it out.

Reactions: Cowpokey
I had the same problem. I put on a Hogue 10/22 and the gun has worked like a charm 10k rounds later. I also had problems with mags dropping in the factory stock. The Hogue eliminated this issue.

I had the same problem. I put on a Hogue 10/22 and the gun has worked like a charm 10k rounds later. I also had problems with mags dropping in the factory stock. The Hogue eliminated this issue.

Yeah, I kinda get that. It worked as a barreled action but seized up in the stock.

I like the stock but had problems with the mags dropping free as well, even after polishing up the magwell.

I had the same Kidd setup in my BXR with the KIDD black ringed bolt handle and guide rod/spring and had no problems.
The other problem that you mentioned could be with the guide rod tip being out of the seat in the receiver which is causing the charging handle to bind. I was disappointed that I had to fix a new BXR by installing a completed KIDD action parts from the bolt, handle, rod, spring and trigger to get it to operate smoothly. It's time to sell he BXR so I have removed all of the Kidd parts except for the Handle, Rod & Spring that fixed the original problem. The KIDD parts cost more the $599 BG special. Yesterday I was building up another 10/22 from all the spare part box and tried to use the BG handle on a Ruger receiver with a KIDD rod and Ruger bolt and found that the BG handle cuts into the receiver cutout. Tossed it back into the box and used another new KIDD handle and it went together well and functions smoothly. BG QC is questionable at best. They used sub standard parts and do not function tests to find obvious fit problems. I was looking at a B14R and after seeing the feed problems with the B14R. I found a DPW gun works video that disassembled a B14R that shows that the manufacturing process is speed based / cost sensitive production. The video highlights that cost is more important than quality of parts and assembly. I have decided to stay clear of BC. PS; They use the Bentz chamber as marketing item, there are better chambers available. This is what I have learned but YMMV.
Have fun.

Good information, I don't think it was the guide rod because it did the same thing with both using the Kidd bolt.

Either way, I decided to order a titan stock to see if that fixes it before contacting Kidd.

Okay, the titan arrived yesterday and I'm quite enamored by it... phenomenal stock.

Switched everything over and the bold was still super tight and seizing, but the mags did drop free.

Swapped the stock bolt back in and it was perfect so I pulled it back apart and found this...

Stock bolt
bg1.jpg

Kidd bolt
bg2.jpg

Five thousandths is enough to bind the action.

Last edited:
1/4" @ 50 yds with stock bolt, Kidd trigger and Titan stock, it's not terrible.

BG14.jpg

Reactions: bwall57
Well, I think we've got it figured out. Shalee mentioned something about the offset of the rod pocket in my receiver and that appears to be the problem. The spring is making contact with the bolt and binding it up.

She was quick with a solution, shipped out an altered rod and hopefully that will be the cure.

Either way, she was awesome to deal with and I totally get how KIDD got their reputation.

Well, I think we've got it figured out. Shalee mentioned something about the offset of the rod pocket in my receiver and that appears to be the problem. The spring is making contact with the bolt and binding it up.

She was quick with a solution, shipped out an altered rod and hopefully that will be the cure.

Either way, she was awesome to deal with and I totally get how KIDD got their reputation.
Looks like you got it sorted out. The Titian stock with a KIDD rear lug receiver & mount along with the aluminmun pillar block makes the Titian a solid 10/22 rig. Both of my Titian rigs are 100% KIDD with two stage triggers, one with a 16 inch and the other has an 18 inch SS match barrel. With 30X glass its is easy to get 2400 + on the ABA target. They are just great shooter. KIDD customer service is outstanding. Have fun!

Reactions: oldfatguy
i bought a ranger 22 and i must say i dont really like the way the action feels on it even after sending it back to christensen to get fixed for not ejecting . i much rather build a 10/22 and have a semi auto

I've been looking at the Ruger LVT for some backyard suppressed plinking. Fit and finish on Ruger left alot to be desired. So I went with a BXR. I did notice that the brown bolt coating is missing. Maybe they removed it all together for reliability.

What scopes are you all putting on your BXR?
I’m wondering what magnification range is the best suited for the rifle. I have one coming in next week and need an optic. Trying to decide between something in the 5-25x or 2.5-18x range would be better.
Not totally sure what it’s “purpose” will be yet, as I also have a B-14R coming which I hope to use to start shooting PRS.

Thanks.

Anyone put a cheek rest/riser on their BXR? What did you use?
Pics would be great, I'm looking for just a little padding.
Thanks.

Victor Company makes a very nice adjustable riser, but you have to screw it to the stock. Beartooth makes a good neoprene style slip on with adjustable foam inserts. Or if you need something down and dirty, I have rolled up packing foam for height and wrapped with athletic tape to secure it.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m