• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara has a new rimfire.

Betty?! My name ain't Betty, and I fail to see where any of what I posted could be construed as me being offended. I merely stated that there is hope for better groups than what was pictured, and the reasoning behind that hope.

Oh, very sorry, I must've confused you with someone named Betty that I once saw post a response very similar....my apologies. Other guys pointed out the same thing you say you did (and have carried on normal discussion based on experience with shooting rimfire) but somehow left out the remarks about Vudoo targets that Betty would've made.

As a product of the info I posted in response to guys seeking info, everyone now knows where to find the info and have a reference based on the groups that were publicly shared on Instagram and I posted such without reference to what somehow led you to Vudoo targets.

Carrying on now....

MB

Last edited:
FWIW, I had my hands on the Bergara B14 Rimfire today at the local gun emporium. Blued, steel barreled version. Best I can tell it is NOT a controlled round feed. I probably would have bought it, but someone else already had their name on it.

Just buy both, I'm waiting to see what new toys come out after Shot Show. I would go to Shot Show if I knew I could get in. I'm up for adoption if anyone going wants to take me. ;)

Oh, very sorry, I must've confused you with someone named Betty that I once saw post a response very similar....my apologies. Other guys pointed out the same thing you say you did (and have carried on normal discussion based on experience with shooting rimfire) but somehow left out the remarks about Vudoo targets that Betty would've made.

As a product of the info I posted in response to guys seeking info, everyone now knows where to find the info and have a reference based on the groups that were publicly shared on Instagram and I posted such without reference to what somehow led you to Vudoo targets.

Carrying on now....

MB
I honestly can't tell if you're being sincere or sarcastic. I'll assume it's sincere based on previous private convo's with you, as you have always been very professional in our discourse.

If I am reading your reply correctly, I'm getting that the pictures of the targets that you posted are Vudoo targets? My appologies as I understood them to be my friend's Bergara targets.

Moving on as well...

Attachments

• received_449094799339190.jpeg
    received_449094799339190.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 121
I honestly can't tell if you're being sincere or sarcastic. I'll assume it's sincere based on previous private convo's with you, as you have always been very professional in our discourse.

If I am reading your reply correctly, I'm getting that the pictures of the targets that you posted are Vudoo targets? My appologies as I understood them to be my friend's Bergara targets.

Moving on as well...

Sincerely apologetic, but honestly, there was a little sarcasm in there because I was joshin' you a little :D. Those are Jim's targets from the new B14R, it shows real promise....

MB

Reactions: SanginSpecial
It’s only a sample size of one, but unless the rest turn out much different, not interested.

One of the biggest perks with vudoo, you don’t really need to go through ammo brands and lots unless you’re shooting benchrest.

Buy vudoo, get sk/lapua, go shoot. I’ll gladly pay the difference and not have to worry with ammo testing for PRS.

I am going to reserve judgment on a sample of one. However if they all shot like that it would be bad. My CZ trainer out of the box with no bedding or other mods but a trigger spring shoots MOA at 100 with ELEY contact. Sub MOA at 50.
I originally was unhappy about that but seems not so bad. I would expect the Bergara to be at least as good as the 455 out of the box. I guess the big question would be if someone will make a remage style barrel for one and is the b14r compatible.
Honestly that would be such a huge win if so.

After mucking with barrels and headspacing and hours of testing, overall time spent at an hourly rate + ammo wasted testing probably made the V22 the cost effective way to go.
W - O - R - D

When things go wrong, it's nice to be able to take one variable out of the mix. Voodo, a Vortex RZR in a SPHUR mount with CenterX ammo makes the nut behind the trigger the probable loose part....

Just buy both, I'm waiting to see what new toys come out after Shot Show. I would go to Shot Show if I knew I could get in. I'm up for adoption if anyone going wants to take me. ;)

If only money grew on trees . . . I'd be rich with 28 maples in my yard!

As for what's new at SHOT, who knows. You can be pretty sure that it'll be 6 months or more before anything at SHOT hits dealer shelves.

Reactions: x_789
FWIW, I had my hands on the Bergara B14 Rimfire today at the local gun emporium. Blued, steel barreled version. Best I can tell it is NOT a controlled round feed. I probably would have bought it, but someone else already had their name on it.

Street price?

I was going to buy a B14R, but I'm still a little peeved with the lack of accuracy out of my BXR with the CF barrel. There's also the fact that the mags delivered with the BXR don't work, so you have to use Ruger mags, and then the buffer self destructed after 1K rounds. It's a nice light rifle and I like the stock but QC was not high.

The B14R may be a different story, but I'll wait and see and not be a beta tester again. I like the B14 HMR stock and most of the center fires I've run across have been very accurate. Hoping for the best.

I do t know about a remage barrel , you have extractor cuts ,,,, unless you go with a cone breech , I understand there are pros and cons to using a cone breech but haven’t read up on them that much

I was going to buy a B14R, but I'm still a little peeved with the lack of accuracy out of my BXR with the CF barrel. There's also the fact that the mags delivered with the BXR don't work, so you have to use Ruger mags, and then the buffer self destructed after 1K rounds. It's a nice light rifle and I like the stock but QC was not high.

The B14R may be a different story, but I'll wait and see and not be a beta tester again. I like the B14 HMR stock and most of the center fires I've run across have been very accurate. Hoping for the best.
What kind of accuracy do you regularly see out of your CF barrel BXR?

I see 1/2 inch @50 consistently with the occasional 1/4-3/8. I think my limitation is my eyesight with glasses in my FFP PST Gen II 3-15. A 5-25 would help me see and focus on that tiny center dot. Only intermittently can I see and focus on that dot at 15x on my 3-15 for any amount of time.

Tacticaltoad, My BXR at it's best shoots 3/4 -1" at 50. It shoots minute of barn at 100. It sounds like you got a good one, as i did with my 455 and 457 PV. The BXR will be my lightweight carry around rifle; I'm glad I got $100 off when I bought it.

My local shop called me and said that they have one coming in on Wed with my name on it. I expect that I will get it setup and shooting over the weeknd. I have a large stash of Eley Contact I really hope it it likes it

Reactions: JKW70 and idgunnut
$1129 for the one I had my hands on. CF version supposed to be ~$100 more.

I stand corrected. Went back to the LCG today to have another look at the B14 Rimfire. Price on the steel barreled version of the Bergara Rimfire was $929. I had previously been quoted a price closer to MSRP. Apparently the LGS hadn't been invoiced when I had my first look.

Tempted . . . . Christmas is just around the corner and I've been a good boy. :cool:

Just bought a Bergara today should be here in a week coming by ground. Also working with Lapua testing center here in Arizona to see what this thing will do. I live about a 30 minutes away. I had a 22 benchrest rifle tested here a couple of years ago and it was an eye opener to see just how much it makes a difference in just from lot to lot numbers. If I remember it shot 10 rounds of Center X at 50 yds in a 12mm group. Funny thing was it shot better at 100 yards than at fifty but I can't remember what the group size was. This test will take the shooter out of the picture and show what it will actually do. I'll post the results as soon as it's done.

Barry Thomas, when you say it shot better at 100 than 50 yards do you mean if it shot .5" at 50 it shot something like .75" at 100? Or are you actually saying at 100 yards it shot less than .5"?

I love my Bergara HMR’s in 308 and 6.5cm. I’ve told myself from the beginning that if Bergara ever came out with a bolt .22lr, I’d be first on the list. Well, They did and I was. My local Scheels called me a couple days ago and I came home with one last night. Price on the tag was 949.99, I got them to knock it down to 900 even. They also said they wouldn’t have another one in till after the 1st of the year.

I’ve got my optics mounted and I’m itching to try it out. Unfortunately the weather here is not being shooter friendly. Cold and VERY windy. Weatherman says there’s hope in a couple days though, so I’ll be patient and give folks an update when it calms down.

How is the trigger,? Any idea what it's set at currently and is it adjustable?

How is the trigger,? Any idea what it's set at currently and is it adjustable?
Its adjustable. It’s the same Bergara trigger as their centerfire rifles. I was able to back it down to 2lb 8oz., which I believe is right where they state is the lower end. As far as factory triggers go, they’re pretty nice.

I just saw this picture in the Bergara owner's group on facebook. 10 shot group of Lapua match @ 50 yards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191217-193929_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191217-193929_Facebook.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 255
....My local Scheels called me a couple days ago and I came home with one last night. Price on the tag was 949.99, I got them to knock it down to 900 even. They also said they wouldn’t have another one in till after the 1st of the year.

I’ve got my optics mounted and I’m itching to try it out. Unfortunately the weather here is not being shooter friendly. Cold and VERY windy. Weatherman says there’s hope in a couple days though, so I’ll be patient and give folks an update when it calms down.

Wasn't aware that Scheels did any dickering. Closest one to me is about an hour away, and parking is a PITA this time of year (Christmas).

In any case, I feel your pain with regard to wanting to try it out. Weather is biatch.

Do let us know your results.

It looks like a generic knock off of a Vudoo. Bergara has never produced any quality rifles why should we expect this to anything different
i have a Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots waaaay better than I do.... Where do you come up with such FELONIOUS DRIVEL?
This has an Atacr and it shoots AWESOME....

This was my last 5 shot group at 100 meters.
IMG_2596.jpeg
IMG_9983.jpeg

Bergara doesn't make good rifles! LMFAO.... that was a stupid thing to say.....

Reactions: Big Bo
i have a Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots waaaay better than I do.... Where do you come up with such FELONIOUS DRIVEL?
This has an Atacr and it shoots AWESOME....

This was my last 5 shot group at 100 meters.
View attachment 7204707View attachment 7204706

Bergara doesn't make good rifles! LMFAO.... that was a stupid thing to say.....
This is the rimfire thread and not the 6.5 creed thread...So far the pic's being put up for the rimfire are crap! If I pay 1k for the rifle and have to get it re-barreled I should have just bought a Vudoo!

This is the rimfire thread and not the 6.5 creed thread...So far the pic's being put up for the rimfire are crap! If I pay 1k for the rifle and have to get it re-barreled I should have just bought a Vudoo!
His comment was in response to someone saying Bergara doesn't make quality barrels or rifles, so sharing info about the quality of his centerfire is relevant.

I've seen TWO groups posted; one looked like garbage and one looked good. No idea ammo used on either group or shooting conditions. Still not nearly enough info out there on these rifles to determine how well they do or do not shoot.

$950 for a complete rifle if it shoots well is a good deal. Still a great deal less expensive than an $1800 action that doesn't come with a trigger or stock.

You know what would be swell?

Somebody with more skill, time, and perhaps disposable income than me shooting a B-14R alongside a Vudoo and perhaps a 455 or T1X.

Three rifles, three targets at 50yd, three different ammo types (say Eley, Lapua or SK, and CCI SV) and 10rd groups.

Reactions: rookie7 and JaoeyP
You know what would be swell?

Somebody with more skill, time, and perhaps disposable income than me shooting a B-14R alongside a Vudoo and perhaps a 455 or T1X.

Three rifles, three targets at 50yd, three different ammo types (say Eley, Lapua or SK, and CCI SV) and 10rd groups.
give it a month and i bet that would be pretty easy at any NRL22 match

give it a month and i bet that would be pretty easy at any NRL22 match

My Local NRL22 match director has all three of those guns. His match is December 28th (I will be working though). I am hoping he posts some videos and groups from the match. If he does I will post some here or the link to it.

Well mine did not come with today’s delivery.
I have to go get a a 700 sa base tonight anyway.
Weather is looking like rain all weekend but who knows. Rifles can shoot in the rain.
Has anyone confirmed if these use the same barrels as a 40x and what chamber they are using ? Or if they will use the V22 mags interchangeably?
I have about 6000 rounds of Eley contact if it shoots that 1/2 moa at 50 and close to that at 100 I’ll be happy. That is currently how my cz455 trainer shoots now.

My gun is going to Lapua test center January 7th, this is the best we can do with the holidays. Going to see what Center X can do maybe some Midas too. Will keep you posted.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
A guy on FB showed the mag difference and said they won’t interchange

What are you guys paying for the steel version? What prices are you being quoted? Include tax if you are taxed. Thanks. I just got a back in stock email and I can get one for $949.99 shipped.

I am going to reserve judgment on a sample of one. However if they all shot like that it would be bad. My CZ trainer out of the box with no bedding or other mods but a trigger spring shoots MOA at 100 with ELEY contact. Sub MOA at 50.
I originally was unhappy about that but seems not so bad. I would expect the Bergara to be at least as good as the 455 out of the box. I guess the big question would be if someone will make a remage style barrel for one and is the b14r compatible.
Honestly that would be such a huge win if so.

How can a sub moa gun shoot a different MOA at a different range? Wtf?

Weather permitting, in January I will perform a shoot out with my Anschutz 1710, 1712, Tikka with stock barrel, Tikka with IBI barrel, Sako P94S Finnfire Range, maybe a 452 Varmint maybe a 457 build that has not materialized yet and the Bergara B14R.

I have a Winchester 52D, Anschutz 1813 and a Kimber 82 SVT but those are all single shots and those won't be tested.

Reactions: JKW70 and Frankr