• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara has a new rimfire.

Which ammo are you thinking of trying?
You have a sweet selection of guns to test it against

Which ammo are you thinking of trying?
You have a sweet selection of guns to test it against
Thanks Frankr.

I hope to have two representatives from each major MFG. Something like Lapua Pistol King and Center-X, SK Rifle Match and Pistol Match, Wolf Match Target or Extra, RWS R-50sc, Federal GM Ultra Match, Eley Match Pistol with the round nose profile and Eley Edge with the EPS profile. I would try Tenex but I have been really disappointed the last several times I tried it. I have some of this ammo on hand now but nothing like I used to have. I have about a fourth of this photo now.

IMG_20191004_193227.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: littlepod
$949.99 is MAP pricing set by Bergara. Rarely will you see one in the market advertised for less. If you got one for $855 shipped the retailer is breaking even at best.
I bought the Bergara last night for that price. I just like having a variety of rifles to shoot. I'm not very brand loyal at all. I'll have a Vudoo too someday, just waiting to see what comes out next year with them.

How can a sub moa gun shoot a different MOA at a different range? Wtf?

I’m just telling you what I measure.
I shoot take out the calipers and measure.
I am going to state the obvious that the weak link is possibly me. I almost always have wind to deal with. I have a clear view of the mountains and the jet stream has a pretty good quartering angle to me. It is rarely constant.

For those that asked.
My total was $975 and that is with Sales Tax.

After waiting it out a couple days, the weather finally cooperated and I got to take the Bergara B-14R out and do some shooting.I don’t currently have a large variety of ammo, but I did try 4 different flavors, non of which are high dollar. Wolf Target is my go to 22lr ammo and shoots really well in all my rifles. No surprise, it shot the best. Followed by Federal Gold Medal Target, Fiocchi SV then Eley Sport. Target pics coming

Reactions: ricksmunn
Can you post a direct link to the rifle. I can't find it on their site. Maybe it has been removed
Here it is but they are sold out now. You have to add to the cart to get the lower price.

Here is a copy of my invoice.

Annotation 2019-12-19 104233.jpg

Daluka69
That’s some pretty good groups.
I picked mine up today. Scope is mounted and I’ll play with the trigger tomorrow.

PST gen 2 5-25 on a Leupold mk4 20moa base. Weather permitting I’ll shoot some tomorrow.

Attachments

• B448876C-D578-468E-944C-2D94871843D2.jpeg
    B448876C-D578-468E-944C-2D94871843D2.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: DRAGON64
Here it is but they are sold out now. You have to add to the cart to get the lower price.

Here is a copy of my invoice.

View attachment 7205890
Dang that’s a sweet deal. To bad they’re sold out. Thanks though!

How can a sub moa gun shoot a different MOA at a different range? Wtf?
Rimfire groups are usually not nearly as linear as centerfire groups, they tend to increase in size at an increasing rate. Very typical for a rimfire rifle to shoot three times the size at twice the distance- 1/2" group at 50 yards (roughly 1 moa) and a 1-1/2" group at 100 yards (1.5 moa).

All these 50 yard groups look good, but I'm really more interested in what these rifles will do at 100!

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
Daluka69
That’s some pretty good groups.
I picked mine up today. Scope is mounted and I’ll play with the trigger tomorrow.

PST gen 2 5-25 on a Leupold mk4 20moa base. Weather permitting I’ll shoot some tomorrow.
Thanks. Let us know how it goes. I was pretty pleased with the rifle. No surprise, it’s just like my centerfire HMR’s. Which is very much a good thing. When I attempted to lighten the trigger pull, I found that it was set as light as it’d go from the factory. 2lb8oz. Your set up is almost identical to mine. Only difference is my scope is a 1st gen

Thanks. Let us know how it goes. I was pretty pleased with the rifle. No surprise, it’s just like my centerfire HMR’s. Which is very much a good thing. When I attempted to lighten the trigger pull, I found that it was set as light as it’d go from the factory. 2lb8oz. Your set up is almost identical to mine. Only difference is my scope is a 1st gen

They take any R700 trigger right? So I can swap in a TriggerTech Diamond and should be compatible?

Those 50 yd groups look promising; can't wait to see some at 100. How are the mags feeding? Any issues with extraction? Keep up the good work!

See if I can answer some of the questions from above.... As it shares the same Rem.700 blueprint as the centerfires, it’s compatible with Rem700 parts such triggers, stocks/chassis, bases. The bolt release is different though. It’s located on the left side of the receiver rather than in front of the trigger, so keep that in mind. Just remove the release, no biggy.

Like mentioned, it doesn’t come with any rails, too or bottom. Scope rail is any Rem700 SA and rail for the bottom can be attached in place of the two sling swivel studs. I’ve done that on one of my HMR’s so I could use an Atlas quick detach bipod.

As for the mags, I chuckled every time I reloaded. I love how they handle just like an AICS mag, but it’s funny looking for sure. I think I shot 120 rounds on the maiden voyage yesterday and had one mag malfunction. To be honest, I’m not sure what caused it. It may have been me. I didn’t baby anything, I ran it with authority every time.

As far as accuracy, it’s accurate at 50... very accurate. I don’t have any reason to believe it won’t be accurate at 100. Angles are angles. 1/4-1/3” at 50 usually won’t equate spraying at 100. With 22lr, it’s more about the conditions and the nut behind the butt than the rifle. At any rate, I’ll be shooting at varying distances in the near future and giving an update..... Good shooting all and be safe.

See if I can answer some of the questions from above.... As it shares the same Rem.700 blueprint as the centerfires, it’s compatible with Rem700 parts such triggers, stocks/chassis, bases. The bolt release is different though. It’s located on the left side of the receiver rather than in front of the trigger, so keep that in mind. Just remove the release, no biggy.

Like mentioned, it doesn’t come with any rails, too or bottom. Scope rail is any Rem700 SA and rail for the bottom can be attached in place of the two sling swivel studs. I’ve done that on one of my HMR’s so I could use an Atlas quick detach bipod.

As for the mags, I chuckled every time I reloaded. I love how they handle just like an AICS mag, but it’s funny looking for sure. I think I shot 120 rounds on the maiden voyage yesterday and had one mag malfunction. To be honest, I’m not sure what caused it. It may have been me. I didn’t baby anything, I ran it with authority every time.

As far as accuracy, it’s accurate at 50... very accurate. I don’t have any reason to believe it won’t be accurate at 100. Angles are angles. 1/4-1/3” at 50 usually won’t equate spraying at 100. With 22lr, it’s more about the conditions and the nut behind the butt than the rifle. At any rate, I’ll be shooting at varying distances in the near future and giving an update..... Good shooting all and be safe.
That was officially the longest post I’ve ever made..... lol

I just bought an OuterImpact brand scope base for the B14R. It is 6061 Aluminum but it's really well made and meets the Mil and NATO standards.

To you guys who already have your B14R in hand, what is the lowest weight your trigger will go?

What bases did you go with? When I looked at bases I notice not all come with the right hardware and you had to watch what you bought, for example some would come with 6-40 bolts and some with 8-40 bolts. The Bergara website says you need 6-48 mounting bolts.

I'm gonna go with a 30 or 40MOA EGW base. Looking at using a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR scope that only has ~49MOA of elevation adjustment. I'd like to be able shoot 250-300 with the Beragar, just for grins and giggles.

I just bought an OuterImpact brand scope base for the B14R. It is 6061 Aluminum but it's really well made and meets the Mil and NATO standards.

To you guys who already have your B14R in hand, what is the lowest weight your trigger will go?

What bases did you go with? When I looked at bases I notice not all come with the right hardware and you had to watch what you bought, for example some would come with 6-40 bolts and some with 8-40 bolts. The Bergara website says you need 6-48 mounting bolts.
Lowest my trigger will go is 2 lb 8 oz. That’s actually what it was set at from the factory.

They use 6-48 bolts, which are standard for Rem. 700 SA. The base I put on mine is a Leupold Cross Slot Backcounrty 20moa.

I, like others, have a limited old phart budget. The Bergara is in the $900 range. The Vudoo is in the $3500 range. Not comparable by my budget. So I don't think Vudoo lovers really need to compare their wonderful rifles to the new Bergara, except in final accuracy. I am primarily interested in real-world, range accuracy. Any groups are a big help. I have a one-time buy window and there are CZs, the Tika, the Ruger precision and upgraded target models, the Bergara and new ones every month. I am looking for a repeater to go along with my Rem 540x (shoots very well) and the decision is difficult. A CZ with a barrel upgrade ($900 range). The Tika (unknown now). The Vudoo (need lottery win). Rugers don't seem to make it but are very cost upgradable. The Bergara, if it shoots very well out of the box. Any "shooting" information about the new Bergara is greatly appreciated.

Ok I got to shoot for maybe 25-30 min till it turned dark.
This is down and dirty off of a wood table top using a harris bipod and tab gear rear bag.
Rifle is straight from the box I didn’t run a patch down the barrel or mess with anything.

Ammo is Eley Contact lot 3L17-30097
All groups were 5 shots except the 2nd that was a 10 shot group.
Sorry but 50 yards was the best I could do today.

1. .188 My reaction was a mix of oh shit!!! and a broken clock is right twice a day.

2. Ten shot group .549

3. Decided to try 5 rounds of Tenex
Lot 1017-02170
.688 The change of wax coatings used to mess up a group or two on my CZ so not reading into this. I only have maybe 120 rds so I decided no more Tenex today.

Second target
1. 508. This was right after the Tenex
2. .088 Best group I’ve ever shot with any .22lr
3. .301
4. .233
For the 5th I tried some CCI standard it was almost dark and I didn’t want to waste my better ammo.
Still shot a .501

This is by no means a well controlled test and I have never shot a competition or had any training. I will post some more at 100 and beyond if the weekend weather allows.

Attachments

• 1A89304C-891E-4BD4-B75B-CE22354B37AC.jpeg
    1A89304C-891E-4BD4-B75B-CE22354B37AC.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 178
  • BB22B2E4-0501-41A7-8421-D9F9F02D71EB.jpeg
    BB22B2E4-0501-41A7-8421-D9F9F02D71EB.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 171
I’m pretty excited about it’s potential.
We wish I had more daylight to shoot.
50 deg no wind at all.
I did shoot suppressed for everything. It’s a old Tac 52 I use till my Oculus gets out of jail.

Last edited:
I, like others, have a limited old phart budget. The Bergara is in the $900 range. The Vudoo is in the $3500 range. Not comparable by my budget. So I don't think Vudoo lovers really need to compare their wonderful rifles to the new Bergara, except in final accuracy. I am primarily interested in real-world, range accuracy. Any groups are a big help. I have a one-time buy window and there are CZs, the Tika, the Ruger precision and upgraded target models, the Bergara and new ones every month. I am looking for a repeater to go along with my Rem 540x (shoots very well) and the decision is difficult. A CZ with a barrel upgrade ($900 range). The Tika (unknown now). The Vudoo (need lottery win). Rugers don't seem to make it but are very cost upgradable. The Bergara, if it shoots very well out of the box. Any "shooting" information about the new Bergara is greatly appreciated.

If this Bergara is going to shoot like some of these past few groups I'd think it's a pretty good buy for $900. @Kisssofdeath has the most experience with Tikkas as I think he had 3 of them. I only have 1, and my factory Tikka shot well. It was sub 1" at 100 yards with Eley Match/Tenex. I never got to try my factory barrel at 50 yards since my range doesn't allow 50.

The Tikka has the crappiest stock though that's meant to be replaced, or spend a hundred $ upgrading. I've seen a person at our competitions shoot with a factory Tikka -

Kydex Cheek Riser, easy to drill into the base stock.
Larger Fore-End accessory for the Tikka.

That will make it pretty comfortable.

The Tikka's trigger is one of the best single stage triggers out there. Factory is adjustable to 2lb, crispest break, no pre-travel, no creep. You can throw in a $10 spring and reduce it down to 1lb if you want.

But if you're going to upgrade the stock say to a KRG Bravo, then you're looking at $469 + $369, getting you into the $840 range. Which will be basically the price of the Bergara. You also then have another option of putting in a really nice match barrel for $325, which will shrink your groups by 20% - .6-.7 inches at 100 yards. This sets up a total package of $1160. So now you're $260 past the price of the Bergara.

If the B14R can hold sub 1" in a 6x5 at 100, and consistently in the 3/8" at 50, I think it'd be a really great buy at $900.

Reactions: Sgt47
Ok, I shot several groups today at 100yrds with the Bergara and Wolf Target ammo. The wind wasn’t cooperating very well. It was around 8mph and mostly from the rear, but was swirling pretty bad at times and definitely opened up groups. I’m not gonna include pics of those. When the wind was fairly steady, groups tightened up noticeably. The following pics are representative of that.
3C3FA382-4E2D-4513-B844-3F9D7DE1909A.png
DF3FE474-DFFF-47C0-AAF4-988100B7F49E.png
28C0F849-14AA-432E-A623-E508E1B9D527.png
C2638D90-5FDE-421D-96F6-56F9D36B2B14.png
2532261A-4C88-448E-A730-F07961E2F1F6.png

105 yards winds 5-7 gusts via weather report and I agree that’s about right. I don’t have a wind meter. 48deg and dropping
Same harris bipod and tab bag. Still on a uneven surface. All 5 shot groups with the same Eley contact

1st group I was just not comfortable but it was a 1.328 not the rifles fault IMO

2nd was a true 1.38 with a flyer but .338 without. one again I think it was me but I’ll blame the wind

3rd was a true 1.478 but if I take out the flyer it was a .508

After the third I took a few min and drank some sweet tea. I wanted to try to concentrate and not jerk a flyer. I moved the table over to stabilize and slowed down.

4th .218 ?

5th .838

Since I have not done a single thing but load and shoot with one lot of ammo( excluding the 5 rds Tenex and 5rds CCI) I’m very happy. I am going to work on my breathing and overall consistency. I am going to ask a fiend who is a military trained sniper to see what he can do. I’m damn sure he’s a way better shot than me.
My Lyman trigger pull gauge showed a three pull average of 1.47 lbs. and it may be worth noting I did have one light primer strike misfire. I’m going to clean up the bolt and maybe add a bit to the trigger. I did have a couple shots that sounded a bit louder so there is that.

Realistically I’m not a good person to review things. I’m dumping out all my observations in the way I perceived them. I hope that helps explain the very wide margin between .218-1.478

Attachments

• CA82EA55-B13A-484D-BD03-15451E4E34A9.jpeg
    CA82EA55-B13A-484D-BD03-15451E4E34A9.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Sgt47
0.95" average with weather condition you had, not to shabby I'd take it. . For me .22's are one of the tougher calibers to shoot because the effect the wind has on such a small bullet.

I am just trying to give a picture of what the rifle can do not what I can do.
Especially when I haul ass home and try to shoot right before the sun goes down. At some point I will be able to go to my range at home vs shooting in the front yard. I have a much more stable platform down there. I know my neighbor is getting in a last few days of hunting before seasons end. He is a great guy so I didn't want to screw him up.

Last edited:
I am just trying to give a picture of what the rifle can do not what I can do.
Especially when I haul ass home and try to shoot right before the sun goes down. At some point I will be able to go to my range at home vs shooting in the front yard. I have a much more stable platform down there. I know my neighbor is getting in a last few days of hunting before seasons end. He is a great guy so I didn't want to screw him up.

Glad to see it can shoot. I'm excited to see others results to see how consistent it is, but it does look like a good rifle. Eley Contact is only a $5.50 box of ammo, great to see it perform like that.

Picked mine up last week but with work had not had a chance to get it out. went for a quick zero and test today before work. Sampled cci mini mags and eley tenex. As expect the tenex preformed better. need to pick up a few more sample ammo. Just waiting on my pdc chassis to make it complete